Would you do trade Julio and Number 4 pick to J'Viile to get Lawrence?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jacksonville wouldn't even do that

Exactly.   A soon to be 32 year old WR who stays injured and the #4 overall pick that would more than likely turn out to be the 3rd best QB prospect for them instead of the highest rated QB

No. I wouldn't even take Lawrence if he somehow made it to 4. But he won't, because Urban Meyer slobs that knob and thinks Lawrence is the best college QB of all time

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Lawrence lost two game in a three year NCAA career. Come on man. Look at his passing numbers. Off the chart. 

image.png.4cd87fa0ee5208c7bc545c988d2bfe23.png

College passing stats don’t mean a lot to me.I see things in his game that will get exposed at the next level.

He wasn’t or ever was as good as Burrow.I think playing against faster and having less time to throw and throwing into tighter windows and not being able to run away from nfl athleticism he’ll get exposed.

He hasn’t come out of a pro ready system.I think he’ll have a tough time acclimating.

15 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

College passing stats don’t mean a lot to me.I see things in his game that will get exposed at the next level.

He wasn’t or ever was as good as Burrow.I think playing against faster and having less time to throw and throwing into tighter windows and not being able to run away from nfl athleticism he’ll get exposed.

He hasn’t come out of a pro ready system.I think he’ll have a tough time acclimating.

Good points on the pro ready system. 

15 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Joe Burrow was a 3 star recruit who struggled at Ohio State and finally put it together when he transferred to LSU during his 2nd year. 

You are comparing  21 year old Lawrence who was a  5 Star recruit, started as a true freshman, won a Championship is first year  to a late bloomer who was 23 when he got drafted.   

Terrible comparison.  Lawrence is the clear #1 pick this year and can thrive in any system. 

12 minutes ago, insight said:

Joe Burrow was a 3 star recruit who struggled at Ohio State and finally put it together when he transferred to LSU during his 2nd year. 

You are comparing  21 year old Lawrence who was a  5 Star recruit, started as a true freshman, won a Championship is first year  to a late bloomer who was 23 when he got drafted.   

Terrible comparison.  Lawrence is the clear #1 pick this year and can thrive in any system. 

See what peeps ...including Bill Walsh...said about Rick Mirer. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/04/13/nfl-draft-looking-back-at-the-cant-miss-qbs-who-missed/amp/

No player is a guarantee. It’s what makes the draft so fascinating to me.

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/04/13/nfl-draft-looking-back-at-the-cant-miss-qbs-who-missed/amp/

Interesting read, thanks for posting. 

I agree there are no guarantees. Lawrence may not have a successful NFL Career and could bust but in terms of draft assessment, he is considered a generational talent.  He has all the characteristics you look for but that is the equivalent to be named most likely to succeed in high school 

It boggles my mind that the average NFL career including QB's is only 3 years. 

12 minutes ago, insight said:

Interesting read, thanks for posting. 

I agree there are no guarantees. Lawrence may not have a successful NFL Career and could bust but in terms of draft assessment, he is considered a generational talent.  He has all the characteristics you look for but that is the equivalent to be named most likely to succeed in high school 

It boggles my mind that the average NFL career including QB's is only 3 years. 

I agree with you on Lawrence, BTW....

Yes, the 3 years thing is mind-boggling. It’s why IMO once you get lucky and find a Top (10) one such as Ryan, you don’t move on to go chasing another one until you have to. 

4 hours ago, insight said:

I’m comparing what my eyes tell me not what someone like yourself is rinse wash repeating what’s been written in the media.

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

THAT is a great article....

thanks for posting.

It still won't shut them up, but thanks for posting  LOL