Falcons trade up to 2nd to secure their Future QB!

iDash

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

If we drafted Wilson at 4 I would be sick. If we moved up for Wilson I think I would find the closest bridge

Then get comfortable with the closet bro . If you do any research beside this forum, you'd realize that's the opinion of most experts. But of course you guys on here are the true experts, right ! Go look at the post early before last season. How you guys said we would win 14 , 12 games on our way to the Superbowl. In not kidding , most of you guys actually said that. It's comical... 

2 hours ago, nomak said:

If the Falcons are crazy enough to pic a qb in the first...this is the one to get...not those other jackwagons that look good in their weak divisions. 

Mac Jones who has 7 first round picks on that offense. Nah bruh 

4 hours ago, iDash said:

2021 NFL Mock Draft: Lions, Falcons trade up...

Without further ado, let's kick this off! 

LINK

Atlanta moves up a few spots to secure a quarterback. Matt Ryan will be 36-years-old when the Falcons take the field next.

He may have some time left but it is doubtful that Arthur Smith took the job knowing that he would be in an unenviable position in two years.

Teams are not afforded the chance to pick early enough to take an elite quarterback option early and Atlanta can ill afford to throw it away. Long-term success is at stake.

If they move up,they better be dang certain that Wilson is the next elite QB prospect.  I love Wilson but wouid not move up in Rd 1 this year or any other year quite honestly.  It’s too costly

I'm basically college football ignorant as I have **** tons to get done on Saturdays.  But, from what little I've read is that for all intents and purposes, there is really only Trevor as the "consensus" top QB and everyone else is essentially the same with slightly different tool kits.  So, moving up, unless its to go to number one overall, seems to be a waste of draft capital.  So if the Falcons don't see a real difference in these QBs, moving up is moot and we can get a QB just by sitting the **** down and doing nothing.

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Moving to #2 from #4 to pick a QB. Is TDs ghost running the draft? That is beyond Bill O Brien stupidity. 

I get what you’re saying, but it it would almost be impossible to surpass O’Brien.  He single handedly dismantled an organization in the span of less than 12 months.

Watch Watson get traded to the Patriots and then they re-hire O’Brien as OC.  The conspiracy theorists would be on red alert

3 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

The amazing lack of common sense kills me.  "All guts. No glory!!!!" And would be perfectly happy to mail in the next two seasons to get passed MR2.

yeah a coach that signed a 3 year contract did so knowing he only has, in reality, ONE year cause he'll be forced to mail it in the first two....

you and I on the same page brother, the silliness around this years offseason is worse than it was in 2017

51 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Then get comfortable with the closet bro . If you do any research beside this forum, you'd realize that's the opinion of most experts. But of course you guys on here are the true experts, right ! Go look at the post early before last season. How you guys said we would win 14 , 12 games on our way to the Superbowl. In not kidding , most of you guys actually said that. It's comical... 

"experts" are wrong just as much as the fans are. The draft is a crapshoot. I know where Zach Wilson is slated to go, I just want nothing to do with him.

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

"experts" are wrong just as much as the fans are. The draft is a crapshoot. I know where Zach Wilson is slated to go, I just want nothing to do with him.

I suspect that has more to do with how much you like Fields and less to do with Wilson as a prospect.    And it’s completely fair to prefer Fields over Wilson, or vise versa.  Both are elite NFL prospects

56 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

That's the way to get your opinion accepted.  Attack the posters who do not agree. 

So, you want to rely on research.  Here is an idea that is better than reading what these so called "experts" say.  Look at the failure of a Falcons 2020 season.  What went wrong?  I am not going to tell you.  I want to know if you saw the issues or if your only answer is Matt Ryan. 

I am on here a lot and I did not see significant posts about 12-14 wins.  There is always a few but the posters I respect were mostly saying we would be lucky to go 8-8.  Where did you see all these posts about 12-14 wins?

BTW - An expert (ex-spurt) is a has been drip under pressure.

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I get what you’re saying, but it it would almost be impossible to surpass O’Brien.  He single handedly dismantled an organization in the span of less than 12 months.

Watch Watson get traded to the Patriots and then they re-hire O’Brien as OC.  The conspiracy theorists would be on red alert

O’Brien is done in the NFL. He wasn’t just fired. JJ Watt called him out in front of the team in practice and the team revolted against O’Brien. Owner had no choice but to fire him. 

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I suspect that has more to do with how much you like Fields and less to do with Wilson as a prospect.    And it’s completely fair to prefer Fields over Wilson, or vise versa.  Both are elite NFL prospects

Its the face

20 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

At that point, even the corrupt as **** NFL would have to take note.