Falcons trade up to 2nd to secure their Future QB!

3 minutes ago, Rings said:

Not to mention best offensive line in college football and an amazing scheme.

And a year where literally everything was totally f'd up. It stands to reason the deepest team with the least amount of transition in progress is probably going to be the most successful under those circumstances. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we drafted Wilson at 4 I would be sick. If we moved up for Wilson I think I would find the closest bridge

Moving to #2 from #4 to pick a QB. Is TDs ghost running the draft? That is beyond Bill O Brien stupidity. 

I seriously don’t think you’re going to need to worry about it. 

16 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I was CONVINCED Ryan Leaf was superior in every way (except name pedigree) to Peyton Manning.  Howitzer arm, pro style sets in college. Looked the part etc.  What I failed to account for was the mental aspect.  People overlook that.  Leaf was a mental midget.

I wasn’t when I met him in Vegas partying. Dude was an animal. Yes, I was 21-22 at that time. Lol.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Moving from #2 to #4 to pick a QB. Is TDs ghost running the draft? That is beyond Bill O Brien stupidity. 

The Bears did it when they drafted Trubisky.  They moved up from #3  to #2 which was mind boggling.  He would have been there at #3.  I am pretty sure they are regretting they drafted him at all now when Mahomes and Watson was there for the taking. 

I am not saying we should move up.  We should move down and acquire more picks

“Let’s go get our QB of the future!”

Like San Diego did in 1998...
Like Atlanta did in 2001...(haha)
Like Washington did in 2012...
Like Philly did in 2016...
Like the Rams did in 2016...
Like Chicago did in 2017...
Like the Jets did in 2018...

When’s the last time trading into the top five picks for a QB has worked out?  

You could say in 2004 with Eli and Rivers, but that was very unique and they swapped because Eli refused to play for the team that picked him.

People act like taking a QB in the top five is a home run pick, it’s not.  No pick is.  I wish people could comprehend that.  

6 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Yep. Easily the best talent and coaching across the board by a wide margin this season. Mac played well but he was the beneficiary of a godly team around him.

Exactly, and a one year wonder.  Hard pass from me, he has bust written all over him.

8 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

I would rather trade back and get Jones. Kid's got the potential to be the best QB in this draft.

He is more likely to be Mason Rudolph than best QB in the draft, don’t let recency bias and team success fool you.

9 minutes ago, freakyfalcon said:

The Bears did it when they drafted Trubisky.  They moved up from #3  to #2 which was mind boggling.  He would have been there at #3.  I am pretty sure they are regretting they drafted him at all now when Mahomes and Watson was there for the taking. 

I am not saying we should move up.  We should move down and acquire more picks

Mahomes was projected any where from late first round to third round. Hindsight is 20-20. 

11 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

I would rather trade back and get Jones. Kid's got the potential to be the best QB in this draft.

Come on, he has a stacked team around him offensively head to toe, a great offensive line, his arm isn't anything special and if your o-line is ever anything less than good he's getting terrorized back there. He's more likely to be a perennial back up at best, saying he has more potential as a QB than Lawrence or any of the other 3 ahead of him on the boards is an extreme statement to say the least.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Mahomes was projected any where from late first round to third round. Hindsight is 20-20. 

In the beginning but after his workouts in front of scouts,  he was rated as the 2nd or 3rd rated QB in draft based on several publications.   

15 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

We'll see who the morons are when zach wilson goes on to have a hall of fame career with another team and we continue to be a sub 500. Team

The first half of your post is immaterial, considering we have a HOF QB here right now, still playing at a high level. Likely will be a few more years. 

The second half of your post demonstrates two things...

1. Taking a QB that we have no current use for will make this a self fulfilling prophecy, since we'd be throwing away a top ten talent that can contribute day one on some magic beans, and likely throwing away our chances of a quick turnaround as well. 

2. You're obviously someone who is actively cheering for this team to fail. You'd gladly see them collapse if it meant you could run around saying 'I told you so'.  You aren't a fan of the Atlanta Falcons at all. You're a fan of draft season. That's the only win you and your brethren are looking for. 

Goodbye.

Just now, freakyfalcon said:

In the beginning but after his workouts in front of scouts,  he was rated as the 2nd or 3rd rated QB in draft based on several publications.   

The highest days from the draft many guys in media had him 27-32, Kiper had him at 27 in one draft but mostly considered him a late first round-3rd round project.

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

If we must take a QB, give me Dustin Crum ----- undrafted

Dude!! You found Crum. I've been wanting to trade back, get who we need until the 5th round, then grab Crum.

He might not be the eventual successor but he's a baller and could at least unseat Benkert. And we do need another QB.

Unless Mac falls to us in the 2nd. Not likely.

39 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

The first half of your post is immaterial, considering we have a HOF QB here right now, still playing at a high level. Likely will be a few more years. 

The second half of your post demonstrates two things...

1. Taking a QB that we have no current use for will make this a self fulfilling prophecy, since we'd be throwing away a top ten talent that can contribute day one on some magic beans, and likely throwing away our chances of a quick turnaround as well. 

2. You're obviously someone who is actively cheering for this team to fail. You'd gladly see them collapse if it meant you could run around saying 'I told you so'.  You aren't a fan of the Atlanta Falcons at all. You're a fan of draft season. That's the only win you and your brethren are looking for. 

Goodbye.

Not even gonna argue, the reasons for getting a new qb are there if you search around, and as for accusing me of not being a fan of this team? You dont know anything about me!

51 minutes ago, Rings said:

Exactly, and a one year wonder.  Hard pass from me, he has bust written all over him.

And he broke record after record. He'll be one of the  best QBs in this draft before its over. The only other person I've thought that about was Watson.

But I wouldn't take him at 4. 😅😅

19 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Btw, I'm having trouble with my many choices this morning. I'm sure you guys can help me out. I'm  leaning towards a bacon, cheese, and grits bowl with 2 eggs over easy.

I often think of that kind of breakfast. Then I have a yogurt. Sigh...