Greatest Running Backs of ALL TIME for the Atlanta Falcons. Who would you pick as the all time best?

William Andrews made me a Falcon Fan ...  I called him Smiley !  He would always get up smiling after a run, the bigger the run , the bigger the Smile ! Love that player.   And not only did he make me a Falcon Fan.. He made me a Football Fan.. I hated it when I was growing up on Saturdays Football on every channel , WE had 3 channels and Football on most of the time..  But after I watched it with a Friend who's Dad would watch The Falcons. I'd have to watch and after a while ,, I became a fan.. Smiley led the way .....

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

William Andrews and it’s not close.

The title says it all. I am starting this thread because Beek interviewed William Andrews in a recent interview.  My opinion is simple, I saw the man play, and regardless of the numbers, I saw th

William Andrews.   Michael Turner is definitely up there, may be a victim of being fairly recent. Would be talking about a potential HOF running back with him also if he had left the Charger

2 hours ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

The title says it all. I am starting this thread because Beek interviewed William Andrews in a recent interview. 

My opinion is simple, I saw the man play, and regardless of the numbers, I saw this man run over people like they were not nothing in a time when the NFL would allow so many "Fouls" against the offensive RB these days. 

Herschel Walker was a great UGA RB, but William Andrews in my opinion for the Falcons set the standard when it come to running backs in any league. 

William Andrews should be a No SECOND THOUGHT HALL OF FAME PLAYER! In my opinion. 

But the question here is best of all time.

There are a lot of names, and I know a lot of people will mention those that they have seen play. 

I'm probably a lot older than most here. Gerald RIggs was freaking AWESOME! 

Then you have to consider Craig Heyward. Also known as Iron Head Heyward. 

My #1 Pick would be William Andrews, because if you want to talk about a all around running back in all facets of the game, demolishing the defense simply by their own will, speed/power etc.. that was William Andrews in my opinion. FREAKING AWESOME! 

And for the record, as a kid I saw the man play, so I KNOW what I am talking about here! 

Got to mention Warrick Dunn, but he was already an established RB before coming to the Falcons, kind person. But You can't consider him a greatest Falcons RB of all time because, well, he was great before coming here and others done more, not in the same league as William Andrews, William was better! 

Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman, they were a pair of running backs, and just my opinion they were a product of an offensive scheme and line more so than just being a pure running back like the others I mentioned who adapted and overcome. 

Not knocking them, they were great in what they done, but I do not believe that they are in the class of the others I have mentioned here already. 

Maybe I am biased, But William Andrews and Gerald Riggs and Craig Heyward were the best of all time for the Falcons. 

I am sure I missed someone, I am getting old so sorry if I did, no offense meant by doing so. 

Your thoughts on who is the GREATEST RB of all time for the ATLANTA FALCONS? 

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come to think of it maybe Harmon Wages... 

2 hours ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

The title says it all. I am starting this thread because Beek interviewed William Andrews in a recent interview. 

My opinion is simple, I saw the man play, and regardless of the numbers, I saw this man run over people like they were not nothing in a time when the NFL would allow so many "Fouls" against the offensive RB these days. 

Herschel Walker was a great UGA RB, but William Andrews in my opinion for the Falcons set the standard when it come to running backs in any league. 

William Andrews should be a No SECOND THOUGHT HALL OF FAME PLAYER! In my opinion. 

There are a lot of names, and I know a lot of people will mention those that they have seen play. 

My #1 Pick would be William Andrews, because if you want to talk about a all around running back in all facets of the game, demolishing the defense simply by their own will, speed/power etc.. that was William Andrews in my opinion. FREAKING AWESOME! 

And for the record, as a kid I saw the man play, so I KNOW what I am talking about here! 

Got to mention Warrick Dunn, but he was already an established RB before coming to the Falcons, kind person. But You can't consider him a greatest Falcons RB of all time because, well, he was great before coming here and others done more, not in the same league as William Andrews, William was better! 

Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman, they were a pair of running backs, and just my opinion they were a product of an offensive scheme and line more so than just being a pure running back like the others I mentioned who adapted and overcome. 

Not knocking them, they were great in what they done, but I do not believe that they are in the class of the others I have mentioned here already. 

Maybe I am biased, But William Andrews and Gerald Riggs and Craig Heyward were the best of all time for the Falcons. 

I am sure I missed someone, I am getting old so sorry if I did, no offense meant by doing so. 

Agree 100% on William Andrews. I remember watching him. A man amongst boys.

3 hours ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

Well, there’s William Andrews and Gerald Riggs and a big drop off after that. 

1 minute ago, 44 Aaron RF said:

Well there’s this:

And this: 

Dammit, videos blocked.  I loved watching him truck people.  I was a little kid then, but vividly remember him straight crushing people. One of my fondest early memories is watching my dad screaming and cheering for William.  

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

Dammit, videos blocked.  I loved watching him truck people.  I was a little kid then, but vividly remember him straight crushing people. One of my fondest early memories is watching my dad screaming and cheering for William.  

Just go to you tube with “William Andrews runs over Ronnie Lott” and just under that you’ll see the 86 yard screen pass for a TD against Denver

3 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

The amazing thing is that he was technically a fullback not a tailback.