Who do you think will be the "best player available" at pick 4?

Is it Sewell? Kyle Pitts? Najee Harris? Justin Fields or Zach Wilson? (which ever one is available at 4), Devonta Smith? 

If we were to just draft the best player available at 4 without considering team needs or current team contracts who do you think it would be? 

It's a tough one. I'd say probably Sewell. I personally don't think any of the Quarterbacks are worth a top 5 pick outside of Lawrence. I don't think Harris is worth a top 5 pick, Devonta Adams maybe. There is a couple of really good defense players as well I can't remember their names though.

Edited by Falcons Fan MVP

6 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Sewell. I still think he's the best player in the draft. Really hoping there's a trade partner for us though, this team could really ream someone for picks with how things are shaking out.

Agreed.  What I like about Sewell is having a hoss like that gives us FLEXIBILITY on the line.  If he balls out. We all of a sudden have a means to move on from under performers or for using personnel for trade bait.  More picks equals more players equals a revolving door of talent and the ability to reload.  Sewell is who I would take in a heartbeat.  Build from your lines out.

9 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Surtain, Sewell, or Rousseau 

Would be okay with either one of them.

Not gonna lie, I'm dreaming about how much of a monster Rousseau could be under Dean Pees and this very experienced defensive staff.

Do you see Rousseau as a 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE or more of a 3-4 DE/4-3 DT or DE(with putting on some weight)?

Asking that because I've read some people questioning his get off and explosiveness as an edge rusher.

1. Sewell is very good but I am not convinced he is even the best LT. Slater is better in some ways right now and will likely remain so. They are a pick your flavor choice; for the Arthur Smith offense I think Slater is the better LT actually.

2. Chase is likely the overall BPA. It's almost a given that even the elite WRs need at least their first season to truly start to tap their potential in the NFL. If Julio turns up lame again in 2021 then you have Chase to fill the gap, and...  selecting him gives the Falcons 'options' on the roster & salary situation that would be nice to have going forward. (A) choose to forego the 5th Year Option on Ridley for CAP purposes if TF wants to (B) Chase is ready to roll if Julio is done, traded, or allowed to walk (C) see A; allow Ridley to go FA, get his Comp Pick; he's replaced with an even better WR

3. Surtain is good CB but Farley is pretty dang good as well, perhaps better.

4. No, I don't want a TE at #4 but Pitts is potentially a BPA type.

* I am excluding all QBs for this discussion.

Just now, PapaJoe said:

1. Sewell is very good but I am not convinced he is even the best LT. Slater is better in some ways right now and will likely remain so. They are a pick your flavor choice; for the Arthur Smith offense I think Slater is the better LT actually.

2. Chase is likely the overall BPA. It's almost a given that even the elite WRs need at least their first season to truly start to tap their potential in the NFL. If Julio turns up lame again in 2021 then you have Chase to fill the gap, and...  selecting him gives the Falcons 'options' on the roster & salary situation that would be nice to have going forward. (A) choose to forego the 5th Year Option on Ridley for CAP purposes if TF wants to (B) Chase is ready to roll if Julio is done, traded, or allowed to walk (C) see A; allow Ridley to go FA, get his Comp Pick; he's replaced with an even better WR

we draft a freaking TE at 4, bad shoulders and all I WILL throw something

10 minutes ago, PapaJoe said:

I like Farley too, he has all the tools. Same height as Surtain with a bigger frame and faster

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

All y'all on the trade down train gunna be really upset when it either doesn't happen or the Falcons havebto settle for less than you think.

All y'all on the "draft a QB at #4 because Ryan is done and we'll never have another chance" train are gonna be really upset when that doesn't happen or the Falcons "settle" for an offensive lineman or defensive player.

See, I can do it too.

2 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

All y'all on the "draft a QB at #4 because Ryan is done and we'll never have another chance" train are gonna be really upset when that doesn't happen or the Falcons "settle" for an offensive lineman or defensive player.

See, I can do it too.

Except I'm not that person so your attempt at whitty sarcasm falls pretty flat.

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Do you see Rousseau as a 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE or more of a 3-4 DE/4-3 DT or DE(with putting on some weight)?

Asking that because I've read some people questioning his get off and explosiveness as an edge rusher.

He's the next Calais Campbell, at least in terms of where he plays. For a 4-3 team, he sets the strongside edge on running downs. Then, he reduces on passing downs.

For a 3-4 team, he's a true DE. He'll need to put on some weight for that, though. Campbell was already 290 at the combine. I'll be surprised if Rousseau's over 275. Of course, nobody's seen him for a year. So, who knows about the weight?

Either way, they've both got those vines for arms that you just don't see in the NFL.