Video not for the weak. Matt Ryan looked completely different

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ryan's WORST ('13, 14, '19, '20) years were Dirk led offenses. I'm gonna say it again. Ryan's WORST years were under Dirk led offenses. He did better in 2018 under Sark (2nd year coordinator at the ti

Am I the only one who remembers these regurgitated claims in the year or two prior to Shanahan? How washed Matt was..

2016 is Ryan's high water mark.... his magnum opus  That's the best he has ever been and most likely the best he will ever be. People need to forget that season ever happened because it's no

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

2016 is Ryan's high water mark.... his magnum opus 

That's the best he has ever been and most likely the best he will ever be.

People need to forget that season ever happened because it's not going to happen again.

2018 is a more sensible/realistic goal.

Not a bad way of looking at it.  2016 was a stars align type year.  Maybe he hits it again, but you don't count on it.

2018 I think he could hit 2/3 of years under a good WCO.  I think he could have hit that 7 of the last 10 years.  I don't know when the wheels will fall off due to age, but I'd expect he can be 2018 ish for a few more years.

6 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Ryan's WORST ('13, 14, '19, '20) years were Dirk led offenses. I'm gonna say it again. Ryan's WORST years were under Dirk led offenses. He did better in 2018 under Sark (2nd year coordinator at the time) than he has ever done under Dirk. None of this is a coincidence. 

Why are people not understanding this?

Common sense is not common.  Especially in TATF where agendas and narratives run free like a wild stallion!

18 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Am I the only one who remembers these regurgitated claims in the year or two prior to Shanahan? How washed Matt was..

Nope.  Remember when people wanted Matt gone and called him washed because Kyle Shanahan picked him off in training camp and then Matt went out and won a MVP?  Good times.

12 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Ryan's WORST ('13, 14, '19, '20) years were Dirk led offenses. I'm gonna say it again. Ryan's WORST years were under Dirk led offenses. He did better in 2018 under Sark (2nd year coordinator at the time) than he has ever done under Dirk. None of this is a coincidence. 

Why are people not understanding this?

It absolutely blows my mind when people can't make that connection. It makes me genuinely question their critical thinking skills.

18 minutes ago, athell said:

Nope.  Remember when people wanted Matt gone and called him washed because Kyle Shanahan picked him off in training camp and then Matt went out and won a MVP?  Good times.

What was epically hilarious about that was Shanahan immediately turned to Hooper and started coaching him up about his route.  It was OBVIOUS that Hooper rounded his route off and ended up at the wrong depth and Shanahan was saying "this is how easy turnovers are if you don't do your job exactly right."

But people made it some kind of knock on Ryan.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Pretty sure his second best career year was 2018. Who was the coach? Sark. LMAO.

Sark was a way better coach than anyone here ever gave him credit for and should not have been fired.

Dan Quinn might still be our coach if he hadn't fired Sark.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

2016 is Ryan's high water mark.... his magnum opus 

That's the best he has ever been and most likely the best he will ever be.

People need to forget that season ever happened because it's not going to happen again.

2018 is a more sensible/realistic goal.

I'm hoping for a season where we have an historic Defense to help Matt Ryan