• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call me old school but players like Ben Mason excite me. FB is a dead position in the NFL for most offenses but man is it nice to see a guy play bully ball as a lead blocker. He also loves to play spe

Got 3 guys I absolutely love that are projected to go Day 3 right now. I'd take any/all of them Day 2, fwiw. Chris Rumph II, EDGE, Duke: Gonna get underdrafted because of his size and the smaller

That cut on his forehead is from head butting the OC for calling a pass play! ūüėÄ

Call me old school but players like Ben Mason excite me. FB is a dead position in the NFL for most offenses but man is it nice to see a guy play bully ball as a lead blocker. He also loves to play special teams has a serious mean streak to him. Has played TE and even on the defensive side in 2019. 

He will be a 7th rounder/UDFA but would love to replace Keith Smith with him. 

I've not got one picked out yet.. But all I know is I'd like for us the get the best TE in this years draft..  The importance of this pick may be more than any other player we get.  Now,, what I mean is the best TE  IMO.  I don't want to just throw out a name until I'm sure of about who I'd like to have.

But as of right now.. I've been mulling over

1. TE Jeremy Rukert  6-5, 253 lbs.  

2. TE Kyle Pitts , Fla. 6-6, 240 lbs.  641 yards and 11 TDs, , I think he is by far the most productive TE that is coming out this year. He would be my first pick.

9 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I've not got one picked out yet.. But all I know is I'd like for us the get the best TE in this years draft..  The importance of this pick may be more than any other player we get.  Now,, what I mean is the best TE  IMO.  I don't want to just throw out a name until I'm sure of about who I'd like to have.

2. TE Kyle Pitts , Fla. 6-6, 240 lbs.  641 yards and 11 TDs, , I think he is by far the most productive TE that is coming out this year. He would be my first pick.

Pitts would definitely not be a sleeper. I don't think he's getting past Dallas at 10.

57 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Call me old school but players like Ben Mason excite me. FB is a dead position in the NFL for most offenses but man is it nice to see a guy play bully ball as a lead blocker. He also loves to play special teams has a serious mean streak to him. Has played TE and even on the defensive side in 2019. 

He will be a 7th rounder/UDFA but would love to replace Keith Smith with him. 

This kid looks like he'd take your lunch money.  Bruiser.

16 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

On what planet is Pitts a sleeper...

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

Could you all share a late round gem that you would love the Falcons to draft in 2021? Video or link would be ideal so we can see your player in action

My pick is TE from Utah Brant Kuithe. If he went to Miami, I swear he'd be a late 1st round, 2nd at the latest pick

Kuithe gonna' be a weapon!   Looks like a great fit for the Arthur Smith offense as the Swiss Army Knife TE/FB/Joker.

32 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Did you watch the video from my OP?

Got 3 guys I absolutely love that are projected to go Day 3 right now. I'd take any/all of them Day 2, fwiw.

Chris Rumph II, EDGE, Duke: Gonna get underdrafted because of his size and the smaller school but Rumph might be my favorite straight up pass rusher in this class. Think he weighs a lot more than his listed weight too. Athletic, but also has terrific hands and an array of pass rushing moves. Tbh I don't see a big difference between him and Brian Burns coming out. Think he'll surprise and start for a team sooner rather than later.

D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan: Smaller guy, but insane vision for a WR and near impossible to cover 1-on-1. Dude is lightning in a bottle. So much fun to watch. And he'd be a perfect fit in an offense like this because he offers not only something we don't really have (Powell is the closest, but even then) but because he becomes doubly dangerous when motion and misdirection are heavily used. He's also an absolutely insane run blocker given his size, dude loves to hit. Instant ST contributor (as a returner as well as a gunner) and potential to be a huge weapon too. Dude is unique.

Ar'Darius Washington, FS, Texas Christian University: My absolute favorite "sleeper." He's being projected as a 5th or 6th most places, but I'd honestly take him with our 2nd rounder if that's what it came down to. My #1 safety this draft and an absolute demon. He's way better in run D than any 5'8 safety should be and pairs his terrific speed and agility with the best instincts of any safety in the class. And football intelligence too - he recognizes routes and knows when he has help to jump them and when he needs to play responsibly. Only safety I'm draft-crushing on this class tbh.

42 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan: Smaller guy, but insane vision for a WR and near impossible to cover 1-on-1. Dude is lightning in a bottle. So much fun to watch. And he'd be a perfect fit in an offense like this because he offers not only something we don't really have (Powell is the closest, but even then) but because he becomes doubly dangerous when motion and misdirection are heavily used. He's also an absolutely insane run blocker given his size, dude loves to hit. Instant ST contributor (as a returner as well as a gunner) and potential to be a huge weapon too. Dude is unique.

How does Eskridge compare to Chris Rowland?   Seems like similar size and abilities... but Eskridge is a little faster  (4.35 vs 4.43 40 times).  

1 minute ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

How does Eskridge compare to Chris Rowland?   Seems like similar size and abilities... but Eskridge is a little faster  (4.35 vs 4.43 40 times).  

They're similar from an athletic and potential returner standpoint, but tbh that's about it. Eskridge is a vicious blocker and is familiar with the entire route tree, so he'd be a much more complete player coming in and versatile in any package.

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

Pitts is def not a sleeper but I love Ruckert in the 4th/5th round area. OSU does not get much out of their TEs but the ability is there. He has the size/frame and god given talent to be a really good TE.

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I like Ruckert.

everybody likes Pitts. LOL

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

Pitts would definitely not be a sleeper. I don't think he's getting past Dallas at 10.

Well, if we don't go Backup QB ,, WE could get him.. I'd like for us to go with the top TE,, just like QB, we could trade down get a top TE or a top QB. I think I'd like to get the TE first.. And take a back up QB with our second pick.. The TE could help us way more for the first few years than a backup QB,, Plus we could get a seasoned QB for a backup.  Think of how TE Tony G. helped this team to win so so many games.. WE would have been dirt if it had not been for him.. And now we need a great TE,, Let's take that top TE and get a backup QB with our second round pick..