Colts owner says they need a veteran at qb

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, great. Another get rid of a HOF QB thread...    

So...you think he's good enough for the Colts and a 2nd, but not good enough for the Falcons for another season or 2??

Can we give them MR? Matthew Stafford has been linked there but MR is a lot better than him in my opinion.  Maybe we could get a 2nd rd pick for him

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

When was the last time HE came back to win a game?  There were three this year alone that he lead us to a lead and the defense completely whiffed and could not make a stop.  No QB wins alone.  None.  

There hasn't been enough cap space to substantially improve the defense in years

Guys.  You all are missing the worst part of this trade if it happens.

Matt Stafford and Marr Ryan are besties.  If Stafford is supposed to be a Colt, then ATL swoops in a lets Ryan go to them, then they will no longer need Stafford and he will have to stay in Detroit.  I'm sure this will cause a lot of jealousy on Stafford's side of things, and put a great strain on their bromance.

If they aren't friends any more, then the wives wont be able to hang out with each other, then they will no longer go on extravagant vacations with each other and their children will no longer be able to play together and they will be sad.

Think of the children, you monsters.

9 minutes ago, mcwheesus said:

Guys.  You all are missing the worst part of this trade if it happens.

Matt Stafford and Marr Ryan are besties.  If Stafford is supposed to be a Colt, then ATL swoops in a lets Ryan go to them, then they will no longer need Stafford and he will have to stay in Detroit.  I'm sure this will cause a lot of jealousy on Stafford's side of things, and put a great strain on their bromance.

If they aren't friends any more, then the wives wont be able to hang out with each other, then they will no longer go on extravagant vacations with each other and their children will no longer be able to play together and they will be sad.

Think of the children, you monsters.

Anything for the kids. It's settled. MR is staying.

He might even get a lollipop.

17 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

I'm willing to wait... as long as it happens. 

Well, it's bound to happen. I do not believe everyone will be playing as long as Brady at the position, and Blank all but said move him if the opportunity presents itself. I believe it's going to happen, just not this offseason.

2 minutes ago, jj00100 said:

I'm sorry but tom bradys little movements inside the pocket are amazing. Same with drew brees...MR just crumbles, . R u guys watching the same football im watching? U guys are serious MR Homers. I was a big MR fan but he doesn't have it anymore. I remember his come back from behind victories (he had the most at one time), all that is in the past...when was the last time he came back to win a game? Did u guys see that game against the chargers where he threw 3 ints in the last 3 drives. And u guys are still protecting this guy who hasn't made playoffs in the last 3 years? Fool me once, shame on me, fool me 3x, shame on u! I'm sorry guys but our window to win a superbowl has been long gone with MR

Did you see the game where Tom Brady threw 3 INTs against the Packers and the Bucs still won?

Did you see the game against the Cowboys where all the Falcons had to do was jump on the ball on a kickoff and the game ends in a win?

Did you see the game against the Bears when the defense couldn't hold a lead to save their lives?

Did you see the game against the Lions when Gurley failed to stop short of the goal line and the defense gave up a 75-yard TD drive in 64 seconds?

Did you see the game against the Seahawks when the Falcons gave up a TD on 4th down?

Did you see the game against the Chiefs when Terrell dropped what would have been a game-winning INT, and then Koo missed a game-tying FG as time expired?

Did you see the game against the Saints in 2018 when Ryan threw for 375 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs, and the Falcons still lost in OT because Teco whiffed on a blitz protection, the defense gave up a rushing TD to Drew ******* Brees juking two Falcons defenders out of their cleats, and then gave up a GW TD drive on the first possession of OT?

Did you see the game against the Bengals when Ryan threw for 3 TDs and 400+ yards and the Falcons still lost because the defense, again, was hemorrhaging yards and TDs like a pregnant lady that just went into labor?

I could go on and on...

6 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

There is truth there.  However, missing on how many FA's and draft picks on defense are we guilty of?  Takk, Beasley, Riley etc.  That mounts up and HURTS.  Got to hit those picks.  

Exactly. Our absolutely terrible drafting on defense, by and large, has hurt this team more than any cap situation. 

Of course, giving Freeman, then Julio those contracts did plenty of damage, too. 

10 minutes ago, jj00100 said:

I'm sorry but tom bradys little movements inside the pocket are amazing. Same with drew brees...MR just crumbles, . R u guys watching the same football im watching? U guys are serious MR Homers. I was a big MR fan but he doesn't have it anymore. I remember his come back from behind victories (he had the most at one time), all that is in the past...when was the last time he came back to win a game? Did u guys see that game against the chargers where he threw 3 ints in the last 3 drives. And u guys are still protecting this guy who hasn't made playoffs in the last 3 years? Fool me once, shame on me, fool me 3x, shame on u! I'm sorry guys but our window to win a superbowl has been long gone with MR

You see exactly what I see. I also WAS a big supporter of MR. We will never win a Championship with him at QB. Brady has 5 rings. MR has...well you know the answer. 

But wait your post count is very low... so you know nothing about football. Your knowledge here is based on your post count. LOL. 😆

MR needs a change...send him to another team. We need to move forward. Get a QB that can move just a little bit to avoid the sacks. 

8 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

I predict Watson will end up in Indy and Matt will stay right here where he belongs.

Maybe. He is good enough to take a .500 team to the deep playoffs, practically a 1 man show. If he had even a middling O line and decent WRs he’d be in the Ship within 2. No question in my mind. And Indy has some pieces.  Wild offseason fun. 

Just now, thanat0s said:

Exactly. Our absolutely terrible drafting on defense, by and large, has hurt this team more than any cap situation. 

Of course, giving Freeman, then Julio those contracts did plenty of damage, too. 

Hopefully AB has learned a thing or two also and he'll stop saying "falcon for life." He's really sabotaging his GM with that stuff.

7 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Not a bad scenario really.  Indy has the space, Watson wants ******* out by the sounds of it.

I'd expect him to land in the NFC if at all possible. They aren't trading him in division, imo. 

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

There is truth there.  However, missing on how many FA's and draft picks on defense are we guilty of?  Takk, Beasley, Riley etc.  That mounts up and HURTS.  Got to hit those picks.  

The negative side to the team investing everything in the idea that Matt Ryan can win a Super Bowl with enough around him is that every year we have a very expensive offense that still flounders if Julio's out, or if the offensive line doesn't protect Ryan well enough, or if the running backs aren't getting to the holes quick enough, or if the playcaller isn't meshing well with Ryan, and meanwhile, every year the defense is absolutely counting on being able to replace outgoing talent and improve the pass rush with draft picks and mid-level free agents. We keep losing games the exact same way because our team is unsuccessfully built to build and then protect huge leads.

1 minute ago, Serge said:

The negative side to the team investing everything in the idea that Matt Ryan can win a Super Bowl with enough around him is that every year we have a very expensive offense that still flounders if Julio's out, or if the offensive line doesn't protect Ryan well enough, or if the running backs aren't getting to the holes quick enough, or if the playcaller that isn't meshing well with Ryan, and meanwhile, every year the defense is absolutely counting on being able to replace outgoing talent and improve the pass rush with draft picks and mid-level free agents. We keep losing games the exact same way because our team is unsuccessfully built to build and then protect huge leads.

Bro, what is done is done.  TF and AS will make this team solid.  Thats their job, Or its adios.  Matt and JJ are kind of stuck with us for the foreseeable future.  However, things can happen to make the change.  I have no opposition, nor 99% of the fan base, to taking a QB.  We all just have differences on who, and when.

I'd love to trade down to ensure draft capital not only for this year, but perhaps more.  Trey Lance could be had @ 7.  MR2 will ride off into the sunset eventually.  His replacement will be groomed after sitting for a year or two and then will take over.  In the mean time, let's build a solid team, and go as far as we can go with MR2 and Julio All World.  

You make a lot of great points.  

1 hour ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Insults aside, you can want to move on from Ryan all you want. You're welcome to feel that way, but the reality of it is this..Ryan will not be moved this yr whether we draft a QB or not. I know you guys who hate Ryan smell blood in the water, but you all are typing up too many words, and putting too much energy into something that's not going to happen until another year at minimum.

You know that you're sounding like charlie brown's teacher to them right now dont you?

55 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

That's the truth. Looking out isn't always a negative. But you gotta let them kids spread their wings a little. 

It's almost like the little girl's pageant circuit. These QB's have been groomed and lot's of money has been invested in camps and such to ensure their future. One of the reasons that the transfer portal exists. She is protecting the investment.