A non QB at # 4is only move if you're Terry Fontenot

4 hours ago, Someday soon said:

Only $125 million for the 5 highest paid players on the team in 2022.  No need to ever look at ways to shed salary cap is there.  The cross training will involve becoming two way players.  What kind of 4th quarter performances will that produce?

It's not a matter of how many more seasons Ice has left as a top-10 QB, but how we would be able to afford his contract after 2022?

If we aren't already there, when exactly do we reach the point of no return regarding how much we can pay the QB position and still have enough left to pay everybody else fair market value?

I don't know the numbers we would be looking at for him in 2023 ~ somewhere around $40m per/yr? And with Covid still raging, the Cap is sinking, not rising.

How in the heck will we be able to continue to fade that kinda cost when we're so far underwater now? Is the quality of the rest of the team going to go downhill for every year Ice is here after 2022?  (I'm not a Matt Ryan hater.)

6 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

If we draft a RB or S with the #4 pick, I'll be sure to pass out the torches and pitchforks myself

It's ironic because my top needs are probably right now: FS, Edge, and RB. All 3 of those are clearly defined, definite needs

But I can't see a single player at any of those positions worthy of a pick that high in this draft.

Meanwhile, I have CB about middle of our needs, and QB and OL near the end, but I could see us taking any of them. ****, WR and LB aren't even on my list of needs, but either may be where the best value is at that pick.

4 minutes ago, hjerry said:

It's ironic because my top needs are probably right now: FS, Edge, and RB. All 3 of those are clearly defined, definite needs

But I can't see a single player at any of those positions worthy of a pick that high in this draft.

Meanwhile, I have CB about middle of our needs, and QB and OL near the end, but I could see us taking any of them. ****, WR and LB aren't even on my list of needs, but either may be where the best value is at that pick.

But that's a good thing. We'll probably be able to get one of the best S, RB, or Edge in the 2nd still

Edited by Mister pudding

10 hours ago, The Don™ said:

I wonder how many more of these "draft/not draft a QB at #4" threads is gonna pop up before the draft.

People wishing real hard that there is no competition at the qb spot round here. This is why its brought up so much. Sticking their head in the sand and hope for the best. Glad there is a new FO with new eyes and no ties or allegiance to this qb or anyone for that matter and an attitude where your one series away from being replaced. Competition has never been a bad thing until it mentioned in a sentence with Matt Ryan...lol