A non QB at # 4is only move if you're Terry Fontenot

I get some wanting a QB, but Matt Ryan is not the problem and has not been the problem. He has an easy 2-5 years left. Do you think the Bucs are worried about a young QB right now? If we were moving on from Ryan this year or even next then yes draft one, but we are not. I could see us draft one in the  2nd or 3rd to be our number 2 and possbily starter down the road, but not at 4. We have to many good pieces right now to rebuild. It like other have said we are in a re-tool mode. Taking at QB does not help us until maybe year 3. I would say in the next 2-3 years we will be like a lot of other teams and draft a QB in the 20's in round one or try and trade up.

Also while we are at it, I highly doubt we take a T at 4 also like others have said. Neither T are going anywhere right now and we aren't starting Sewell at LG lol. We may draft a G later or pick up a vet, but thats it. We aren't cutting Matthews or Kaleb or moving them to G. 

10 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Take an RB, DB, S, Edge with the pick. It doesn't matter where you place those guys in regards to draft status. It isn't a reach if they contribute day one. 

I think defense is gonna be the biggest priority this coming season.

Arthur Smith has added mostly older more experienced coaches on the defensive side of the ball. I don't think any coach he's added under that side of the ball is younger than their mid-50's except Matt Pees.

I think the plan is to turn the Falcons defense in to a really good one very quickly.

41 minutes ago, hjerry said:

If Fontenot has already ruled a QB this early, then he was a bad choice for GM. Right now, everything should be on the table.

Yes, and the actual answer wont come until pick 3 is made. At that point we will know who is available, how valuable the players left available are to us AND how valuable the players left are to others (IE trade down).

I get TDWII is merely posting opinion but to define it as "this is the only smart, safe choice" takes it from opinion to statement of fact. Thats where it goes sideways.

Edited by runshoot

This team definitely had bigger needs:

FS/EDGE/NT to pair with Grady/RB/CB/G/SS 

QB of the future also matters but its far down the list.  This team needs an influx of defensive talent the prudent move is to trade back add a talented group of defenders then focus on a mid round QB prospect cause if we are really as doomed with Matt as people say we will be in posistion to draft a QB in two years as well when we can theoretically financially sever ties with him.

2 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I get some wanting a QB, but Matt Ryan is not the problem and has not been the problem. He has an easy 2-5 years left. Do you think the Bucs are worried about a young QB right now? If we were moving on from Ryan this year or even next then yes draft one, but we are not. I could see us draft one in the  2nd or 3rd to be our number 2 and possbily starter down the road, but not at 4. We have to many good pieces right now to rebuild. It like other have said we are in a re-tool mode. Taking at QB does not help us until maybe year 3. I would say in the next 2-3 years we will be like a lot of other teams and draft a QB in the 20's in round one or try and trade up.

Also while we are at it, I highly doubt we take a T at 4 also like others have said. Neither T are going anywhere right now and we aren't starting Sewell at LG lol. We may draft a G later or pick up a vet, but thats it. We aren't cutting Matthews or Kaleb or moving them to G. 

5 years ?? ... The next few years are going to be really painful for most of you guys. Really painful. But it's what you guys brought on yourself. Stop living in the past . Ryan was good if not great at one time . But that time is over . Just remember , Wilson at #4:... You'll see 

3 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Enjoy your posts!!

11 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think defense is gonna be the biggest priority this coming season.

Arthur Smith has added mostly older more experienced coaches on the defensive side of the ball. I don't think any coach he's added under that side of the ball is younger than their mid-50's except Matt Pees.

I think the plan is to turn the Falcons defense in to a really good one very quickly.

This is why I thought who AS picked for DC was so vital. He went with a very experienced mind, and built a staff with that core concept. Would assume AS believes in the offensive talent, and wants to build a strong defense for now.

Going defense heavy in the draft, with a RB in either round 2 or 3 seems very likely.

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

5 years ?? ... The next few years are going to be really painful for most of you guys. Really painful. But it's what you guys brought on yourself. Stop living in the past . Ryan was good if not great at one time . But that time is over . Just remember , Wilson at #4:... You'll see 

Sure dude, and I'll surely get a pony for Christmas .