A TDWII Observation: A QB at #4 is only move if you’re Terry Fontenot...

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Go get that QB @ 4.

Don’t sit him start him and let Matt Ryan and his cap hit ride the pine it makes perfect sense.

If your good enough to be taken @ 4 your good enough to start.

You know, I'm not on board with the qb at 4 thing. But, i kind of agree with you. If he's good enough to pick at 4, then his a** should be on the field. Any other position would be! And i have serious problems paying someone 8mil/yr to collect splinters for 2-3 yrs.

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

I need a map to follow your circuitous logic path. You can admit it or not, but you and I both know you just got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Go survey objective football people.  Ask who’d they’d rather have?  Then start eating your humble cookies.  My hands are clean.

25 minutes ago, HairyArabFalconFan said:

Which is exactly why they put the young kid in at year 2, because if he starts showing flashes it can lead to a contract extension. 

I'm not saying it's the best strat, **** it's probably one of the worst. I'm just saying that drafting a young QB can be a tool to extend a front office/ coaching career just as much as you say it can destroy a career. I don't think it's controversial to say that plenty of GM's and Coaches have tried this route. 

My opinion, this is a terrible idea for job security.  If the kid is a dud you've assured your firing.  Point is, the coach is allegedly getting a 3 year contract, he gets paid for 3 years regardless.  If you trade your capable MINIMUM top 15 QB and throw in a new rook and don't really wow people AND WIN.  You won't be getting that extension.  This is the epitome of high risk in my opinion.  The honest chances that any QB we take at 4 this year has the career Ryan has had thus far is pretty **** low, and certainly doesn't improve the teams chances of winning in the short term to get that second contract.

31 minutes ago, Williamb said:

My argument is that the reason qb is dominating top picks this year is because this draft sucks, and not because they are so great.

You're absolutely correct, and it hints at the elephant in the room that none of us are discussing. Talent evaluations will be worse this year due to smaller sample sizes and unusual player matchups. Due to COVID absences, some games involved backups (and even walk-ons) as the opposition. As such, we really cannot read much into any of the 2020 film.

Then, there's the fact that some players skipped the season, which is what I would have done, too. How hard did they work, and how much rust will they show? It's impossible to say.

I need to collate a list of times when this has happened. Off my head, Mike Williams (the wide receiver) was the most memorable instance during the 21st century, although Maurice Clarett received the most attention.

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

7-9 is terrible!

7-9 shows that a player can lead a franchise for a decade!

Find & Share on GIPHY480 × 320

Was your original quote on Ryan’s 7-9 record in 2018 about worthiness for an MVP?  I can quote it.  Versus rookie year QB performance?  Consider me your Jules Winfield teaching you about sports.

Setting the bar low is an institution here.

Lol poster sparks a 10+ page thread conversation about the future of our beloved team and y'all give his post 1 star just because y'all disagree with the premise.

This is a quality thread and a quality discussion regardless off how many times this subject matter has been brought up. Thanks TDWII.

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

You're absolutely correct, and it hints at the elephant in the room that none of us are discussing. Talent evaluations will be worse this year due to smaller sample sizes and unusual player matchups. Due to COVID absences, some guys involved backups (and even walk-ons) as the opposition. As such, we really cannot read much into any of the 2020 film.

Then, there's the fact that some players skipped the season, which is what I would have done, too. How hard did they work, and how much rust will they show? It's impossible to say.

I need to collate a list of times when this has happened. Off my head, Mike Williams (the wide receiver) was the most memorable instance during the 21st century, although Maurice Clarett received the most attention.

You see it is absolutely absurd to me to rush to the podium to select the 4th best qb in this draft. Either pick someone with highest skills at position of value, or collect draft capitol with more picks.

2 minutes ago, HairyArabFalconFan said:

Lol poster sparks a 10+ page thread conversation about the future of our beloved team and y'all give his post 1 star just because y'all disagree with the premise.

This is a quality thread and a quality discussion regardless off how many times this subject matter has been brought up. Thanks TDWII.

TDWII alt account spotted!

10 minutes ago, jidady said:

You're absolutely correct, and it hints at the elephant in the room that none of us are discussing. Talent evaluations will be worse this year due to smaller sample sizes and unusual player matchups. Due to COVID absences, some games involved backups (and even walk-ons) as the opposition. As such, we really cannot read much into any of the 2020 film.

Thats true, defense is largely a couple of good ones, and a sea of pretty much even Steven's.  

3 minutes ago, HairyArabFalconFan said:

Don't agree with the opinion, but i agree this is the best post on this subject that i have come across. Good argument, just wrong....lol

4 minutes ago, HairyArabFalconFan said:

Welcome to Don’t Mess With My Sacred Cow Ville.  It’s always dark in here...

16 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Go survey objective football people.  Ask who’d they’d rather have?  Then start eating your humble cookies.  My hands are clean.

How to spot a troll: Uses these words or has these words in the name.

Objective, Realist, top poster, insight, Dan Tan da man, best poster, Word, on point. 

2 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Was your original quote on Ryan’s 7-9 record in 2018 about worthiness for an MVP?  I can quote it. 

That was @takeitdown, dude. I came in late on page seven as a mystified observer. I'm just quippin' and gif-in' in this thread for the most part.

Go Eat A Snickers GIFs | Tenor220 × 123

You're a good poster as a rule. It's a pandemic, and most of us have bad days.

Free advice: take a break and do something that makes you happy instead. I mean that sincerely.

11 minutes ago, Williamb said:

You see it is absolutely absurd to me to rush to the podium to select the 4th best qb in this draft. Either pick someone with highest skills at position of value, or collect draft capitol with more picks.

Yeah, I'm an evangelist about never reaching for need. TD and I were fundamentally opposed in this aspect. He would do everything he could to take the player he wanted, even if it meant giving away other draft picks. I believe in dropping back as much as possible to acquire future compensation.

Any player is a ruptured Achilles away from mediocrity or worse. Team depth is what matters.