A TDWII Observation: A QB at #4 is only move if you’re Terry Fontenot...

7 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Not for anything, but why do we need content police outside of vulgarity/lewdness?

Here’s a system...poster reports vulgarity.  Admin removes vulgarity. If it happens again...admin bans vulgar poster.

The fact the the Administration here wants to make things complicated is on them.

TDWII you are a good writer. I think you could write a decent email parsing out your qualms and send it to whoever could best address them. Unfortunately my Nicholas Cage avi can not help by providing any witty comments about your administrative problems, also that is not what you originally made this thread about my guy.

Edited by HairyArabFalconFan
grammar
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the best movies of the 2010’s was Spotlight.  If you haven’t seen it, it’s the re-telling of how the investigative journalism branch of one of the Boston newspapers uncovered systemic sexual ab

Lol why do I always read these thing? Always a wordy waste of time. If you can't tell that Matt Ryan had down years because of how terrible Koetter was, then you're not worth listening to. A terrible

Big Ben, Rivers, and Brees were completely beaten up and broken, all having major injuries recently or at some point in their career. Matt Ryan has never had a serious injury in his entire career. If

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, athell said:

Your posts counts don't make you trolls.  Your posting makes you trolls.  See people like you love painting with a broad brush and love pissing and moaning about how badly the Falcons suck, how awful our roster is, how there is no hope, and yet when people challenge you on the why you feel this way, posters like you can never respond with any kind of thought out or intelligent answer.  When challenged with statistics, metrics, or responses challenging your doom and gloom posting, you get all defensive and can never actually answer any of the responses.

To your second point, I have never been die hard Quinn or Beasley, so apparently I pass your criteria as a football knowledge heavyweight.  If you don't want to be called a troll, don't post like a troll.  Take some accountability for your posts and responses and maybe you will survive around here for a little bit.  Or just keep doing what you are doing and you can merge into the troll pack nicely too, either way is fine by me.  But fyi - victim card playing is a staple of TATF trolls...

Survive huh, I'm doing just fine with your guidance. But thanks for the tip. 

Honestly was not even referring to you, your posts make me smile. Such a flavor of over-compensation it's quite humorous really.

1 hour ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

One is a 23 year old kid with a 10-15 year career in front of him.  Ryan is a finished product.  You need a map here to understand the difference?

If Herbert has half the career, MR has, he'll be a good QB. 1 year does not a great QB make. A lot has to happen for JH to even be mentioned in MR's league.

2 minutes ago, HairyArabFalconFan said:

TDWII you are a good writer. I think you could write a decent email parsing out your qualms and send it to whoever could best address them. Unfortunately my Nicholas Cage avi can not help by providing any witty comments about your administrative problems, also that is not what you originally made this thread about my guy.

It’s no skin off my back if nothing changes...but if an Admin wants to whine about the fact they do this voluntarily...it sounds like it’s taxing them in some way.

At the same time...if that Admin comes in and starts lecturing me on responsibility, you can bet I’ll come back strong at them.

All the people who are against replacing Matt Ryan, are the people who are OK with being 4-12.  They are OK with seeing the Saints and Bucs flourish in the playoffs.  Why?  OH Because we didn't have this and that and this and that.  SAME FREAKING EXCUSES every year some of the people on here want to hold on too.  Saints had 3 7-9 seasons before they got the players they needed.   Bucs literally lost to this trash squad that is the Falcons last year with OUT Tom Brady.  Tom Brady comes along, OOPS Super Bowl time.  There was no OTHER QB in the World that could have joined the bucs and took them to the Super Bowl.  You can say Rodgers, Brees or anyone, Brady got on the bucs and made it HIS team.  Brady brings on players he believes help him the best and he basically calls his own plays when needed.   What does Ryan do?  IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT!!  How dare a QB change an OC play calling.  How DARE a QB request this or that player or run this offense.  HOW DARE any QB would???  MEAN WHILE,  Tom Brady Proved to ALL of you what a team with a REAL leader looks like. 

Edited by ryanblink
43 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

So being pompous is a greater crime here against the CoC than painting someone as having been sexually abused as a child?

I don’t have any personal relationships here...and I’ve been here for two decades.  Allows me to not care about any of the slights or ‘blasts’ as you’ve put it.  I come here to joust.

But if you think you’re a steward of some type of fairness doctrine related to what goes on here, I laugh at your double standards.

What was your screen name before the boards changed, because you seem like someone who used to be on the boards, got kicked off, swore to never come back, but has just kept coming back under different names.

I just for the life of me can't remember what you used to call yourself. I'm glad you're back though, because I need comic relief. Although, I don't agree with most of what you post, it nice to have an opposing view. Just like AS said, "we want more than one voice." If everyone says the same things on the boards, it would be a REALLY boring place. 

6 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Survive huh, I'm doing just fine with your guidance. But thanks for the tip. 

Honestly was not even referring to you, your posts make me smile. Such a flavor of over-compensation it's quite humorous really.

Yea you're doing just fine bud lol

I'm glad I can make you smile.  Put me on follow you'll learn a thing or three, promise 😘

2 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

If Herbert has half the career, MR has, he'll be a good QB. 1 year does not a great QB make. A lot has to happen for JH to even be mentioned in MR's league.

The year is 2025.  Who do you think is the better QB?  Herbert or Ryan?  The chances are (significantly if not overwhelmingly) better that it’s Herbert.

Those that defend Ryan do so based on his legacy, not on his potential.

Matt Ryan has not been a benefit to Terry Fontenot.

26 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Well written post, as always.

I agree with your reasoning based on long-term thinking. It's obvious for TF, who wants to be here more than a decade, that finding the next QB is vital.

I don't agree with some of your thinking about Matt Ryan ... but I don't even think you need that to make your argument. Your argument stands merely based on the fact that TF has a long time horizon.

If you ranked all the things TF needs to care about, and scored them on how important they are, finding the next QB tops the list with a million points, and the second item on that list gets about 42 points.

And, since there is a high bust rate on franchise QBs, he almost has to take one at # 4, and maybe get another one next year.

That's true even if you consider Matty Ice elite (like I do), and it's true whether Ryan has 1 year or 5 years left in the tank. (How long did Rodgers sit behind Favre?)

No offense, Rodgers vs Favre argument is just lazy or ignorant. Brett Favre after 2004 season announced he needed time for making the decision to come back or retire. GB was scouting for QB actively as Favre wasn’t sure of coming back. GB had to draft a QB, though Favre committed for one year to play 2005. Same story in 2006, rinse and repeats till 2008. Finally GB had enough in 2008 with this yearly retirement/pondering drama and named Rodgers the starter. 
I don’t see Ryan or even Rodgers talking retirement. GB selecting Love May back fire with Rodgers asking for extension.

2 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

What was your screen name before the boards changed, because you seem like someone who used to be on the boards, got kicked off, swore to never come back, but has just kept coming back under different names.

I just for the life of me can't remember what you used to call yourself. I'm glad you're back though, because I need comic relief. Although, I don't agree with most of what you post, it nice to have an opposing view. Just like AS said, "we want more than one voice." If everyone says the same things on the boards, it would be a REALLY boring place. 

I’ve been here since December 31, 1969.  How’s fractions class coming along?

3 minutes ago, ryanblink said:

All the people who are against replacing Matt Ryan, are the people who are OK with being 4-12.  They are OK with seeing the Saints and Bucs flourish in the playoffs.  Why?  OH Because we didn't have this and that and this and that.  SAME FREAKING EXCUSES every year some of the people on here want to hold on too.  Saints had 3 7-9 seasons before they got the players they needed.   Bucs literally lost to this trash squad that is the Falcons last year with OUT Tom Brady.  Tom Brady comes along, OOPS Super Bowl time.  There was no OTHER QB in the World that could have joined the bucs and took them to the Super Bowl.  

@PointSwayzee this is who you lump yourself in wiith when you post like you do btw.  Good luck with that.

1 minute ago, athell said:

@PointSwayzee this is who you lump yourself in wiith when you post like you do btw.  Good luck with that.

Yeah because that 4-12 season last year!  WHEW man that was awesome.  Kyle Shanahan carried Matt Ryan to the Super Bowl.  Matt Ryan has looked like crap since.   I don't care about his stats after 2016, he has looked like Garbage and there isn't one team afraid of him 

Edited by ryanblink
48 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

What is interesting is that most of us have done a spectacularly poor job of projecting great QBs.  Great quarterbacks can be developed if they possess the right skill set, mental acuity and drive.  Also, doesnt hurt to be placed in the right place.  

Man, I just knew Colt Brennan was a cant miss.  And he did.  I just knew as the resident Texas Homer that Young was a cannot miss QB. Physically.  **** shame he didn't have the mental aspect and the maturity of a five year old.

Building a team is hard.  Having more picks allows for more screw-screwups and the ability to take a flyer on a freak.  

I was a big believer in Baker Mayfield, and while he has been good, he hasn't become the Drew Brees type guy that I thought he would. He still may, but he's not there yet.

1 minute ago, ryanblink said:

Yeah because that 4-12 season last year!  WHEW man that was awesome.  Kyle Shanahan carried Matt Ryan to the Super Bowl.  Matt Ryan has looked like crap since.   I don't care about his stats after 2016, he has looked like Garbage and there isn't one team afraid of him 

How many times you gonna change your name R_The_Clown?  Lol

3 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I’ve been here since December 31, 1969.  How’s fractions class coming along?

I don't know, you should try it sometime. 

I also know by your posts, that you have been MANY different names on here, I just can't put my finger on which your names were. 

I just remember the poster that I'm thinking of constantly spewing conspiracy theories, whining about how everybody picks on him, getting wrapped up in ONLY HIM having the key to success for the franchise, "everybody else is an idiot, and I am the all knowing one", etc., type of stuff. Glad to see you haven't changed. 

After all that, What was your screen name before? I would like to be reminded, so that I can have another good laugh... Good day sir!

10 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

The year is 2025.  Who do you think is the better QB?  Herbert or Ryan?  The chances are (significantly if not overwhelmingly) better that it’s Herbert.

Those that defend Ryan do so based on his legacy, not on his potential.

Matt Ryan has not been a benefit to Terry Fontenot.

We'll see. QB's that stand the test of time "don't grow on trees", and guys that are a "flash in the pan", are prevalent.

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I don't know, you should try it sometime. 

I also know by your posts, that you have been MANY different names on here, I just can't put my finger on which your names were. 

I just remember the poster that I'm thinking of constantly spewing conspiracy theories, whining about how everybody picks on him, getting wrapped up in ONLY HIM having the key to success for the franchise, "everybody else is an idiot, and I am the all knowing one", etc., type of stuff. Glad to see you haven't changed. 

After all that, What was your screen name before? I would like to be reminded, so that I can have another good laugh... Good day sir!

Nope...have only ever been TDWII.  Keep searching Clouseau.

15 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

It’s no skin off my back if nothing changes...but if an Admin wants to whine about the fact they do this voluntarily...it sounds like it’s taxing them in some way.

At the same time...if that Admin comes in and starts lecturing me on responsibility, you can bet I’ll come back strong at them.

Cuz you're a boss.

Anyhoo, about the "we need to get a QB of the future" thing.  I've been asking for a mid-round QB for the last half decade, so I don't disagree with this in principle.  Those of you calling for it are not wrong.  The question is how to allocate draft capital.  You can do it a multitude of ways, but this is one reason I think a trade back makes sense.  If one of the QBs falls and you like him, you can take him and use the rest of the picks you acquire to fill out the team.  You can draft another position there and hope someone like Trask or Collins falls into the 2nd or even 3rd.  You can wait until next season and package your 2 first rounders to move up and get a QB if there is one there you like.  You can trust your scouting department to find talent past the top 10 in the first round too.

There are a lot of ways to skin that cat.  Taking a QB at 4 this season is the easiest, but it isn't necessarily the best, especially when we are over the cap, don't have a full roster under contract, are already going to have to cut or restructure players to get under the cap, and have a QB.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

If the Falcons have not improved by 2025 it doesn't matter who the QB is. Smith and Fotnenot will not be part of the franchise.

It kind of does...if we draft an elite one, the team will likely be much improved.  This disassociation of the quality of QB play and the teams performance is really puzzling.  I guess when you’re conditioned to celebrate a QB whose gone 57-71 for 8 seasons, you’ll settle for the drippings of the successful versus finding a genuine path to success.

Just now, TheDirtyWordII said:

It kind of does...if we draft an elite one, the team will likely be much improved.  This disassociation of the quality of QB play and the teams performance is really puzzling.  I guess when you’re conditioned to celebrate a QB whose gone 57-71 for 8 seasons, you’ll settle for the drippings of the successful versus finding a genuine path to success.

Oh, you're back to 8 seasons again?

Happy days.

1 minute ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

So this is really just about your dislike of Ryan and your assumption that anyone will play better than him. It's all magic rainbows and unicorns.