A TDWII Observation: A QB at #4 is only move if you’re Terry Fontenot...

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the best movies of the 2010’s was Spotlight.  If you haven’t seen it, it’s the re-telling of how the investigative journalism branch of one of the Boston newspapers uncovered systemic sexual ab

Lol why do I always read these thing? Always a wordy waste of time. If you can't tell that Matt Ryan had down years because of how terrible Koetter was, then you're not worth listening to. A terrible

Big Ben, Rivers, and Brees were completely beaten up and broken, all having major injuries recently or at some point in their career. Matt Ryan has never had a serious injury in his entire career. If

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, HairyArabFalconFan said:

Lol poster sparks a 10+ page thread conversation about the future of our beloved team and y'all give his post 1 star just because y'all disagree with the premise.

This is a quality thread and a quality discussion regardless off how many times this subject matter has been brought up. Thanks TDWII.

I bumped it to three, its been a fun one.

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

Yeah, an evangelist about never reaching for need. TD and I were fundamentally opposed in this aspect. He would do everything he could to take the player he wanted, even if it meant giving away other draft picks. I believe in dropping back as much as possible to acquire future compensation.

Any player is a ruptured Achilles away from mediocrity or worse. Team depth is what matters.

Or just maybe not as good as people think. It doesnt take an injury just overhype. And i can think of 2 or more of these qb prospects that are just that, overhype.

My favorite thing about posters who get suspensions:

"I'm not allowed to touch the sacred the cow!"

"I got banned for speaking da truth!!!"

"You aren't allowed to criticize your precious Matty Ice!"

I love when people don't take responsibility for their actions. Always someone else's fault. Always the victim. Always the one who got robbed.

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

Your avatar terrifies me. Couldn't you use something less scary like a sewer clown or something?

lmaoo dude Nicholas Cage is a Hero, he stole the constitution

I guess I could change my avi, if someone could photoshop dj khaled's head onto freddie the falcon I'd do it....all the other famous "Hairy Arabs" aren't too cool so that's why I chose him lol 

1 minute ago, HairyArabFalconFan said:

I guess I could change my avi, if someone could photoshop dj khaled's head onto freddie the falcon I'd do it....all the other famous "Hairy Arabs" aren't too cool so that's why I chose him lol 

Best Castor Troy GIFs | Gfycat

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

My favorite thing about posters who get suspensions:

"I'm not allowed to touch the sacred the cow!"

"I got banned for speaking da truth!!!"

"You aren't allowed to criticize your precious Matty Ice!"

I love when people don't take responsibility for their actions. Always someone else's fault. Always the victim. Always the one who got robbed.

Yep...that’s what I got suspended for.  Meanwhile the guy who surmised someone ‘touched me as a child’ got a hand slap.

Look in the mirror dude about your special brand of private justice.

1 minute ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Yep...that’s what I got suspended for.  Meanwhile the guy who surmised someone ‘touched me as a child’ got a hand slap.

You got suspended because you violated the COC, multiple times. 

And you love to keep publicly whining that you got robbed and that we are corrupted here. Just admit you did something wrong...and we can move on. 

3 minutes ago, HairyArabFalconFan said:

image.png.f32a275066153ab8dc374893170cefa0.pngconsider it yours..

my 2 cents is the Falcons need to start looking to the future of QB. When was the last time, we drafted a QB. Also do we think any of the projected 2nd/3rd round QBs can be developed. I think the biggest thing is we have to leave this draft with a QB of the future. Evaluation wise if they feel the gap between Newman and say Lance isnt that great. Maybe we go elsewhere and pick up a QB in the second. I believe Lawrence and Fields are tier 1, bonefid blue chip QB prospects since day 1. If you can draft one, you take them because they dont come around that often. Will they be success in the pros? who knows but they have a great chance to be. then there is tier 2, it is really up to the evaluator where that ends. Do you take a jones in the 2nd (where i think he will fall) who shows he isnt the most talented but when surrounded by good athletes, he is fine. He would have that in the NFL. to me, he is Andy Dalton. In my eyes, Smith would like a Newman because he shows some Tannnehil like traits. 

But i am a fan so what do i know. The point i am making is QB has to be in the mix but i have confidence in Fontenot ability to evaluate talent and know what succeeds in this league. The saints have been drafting in the back of the draft for years and have consistently out drafted us and by good found some gems. I did not think Kamara was going to be this good. At Tenessee, i thought he was a look like tarzan, plays like jane type. To ok with catching passes and trying to run around people, happy feet. Boy was i wrong.

Boys boys boys ....chill out. 

There are mods and there are posters, mods will mod. Pick up a video game and move on, you obviously aren't suspended right now. I recommend Animal Crossing, it soothes the soul.  

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You got suspended because you violated the COC, multiple times. 

And you love to keep publicly whining that you got robbed and that we are corrupted here. Just admit you did something wrong...and we can move on. 

I really didn’t do anything different than anyone else here.  You just took offense personally.  But someone who made light of pedophilia got a knock it off.

Don’t you dare try and lecture me about responsibility since you clearly shirked yours.

@TheDirtyWordII you can say that we have a bias towards posters all you want. But the reality is, you are getting blasted in this thread by countless people because of YOU. Not because of me or the other admins. You are 10000% getting what you deserve. Perhaps if you didn't talk to people like a condescending pompous jerk then there would actually be objective discussion in here. You brought this on yourself dude. 

19 minutes ago, jidady said:

Yeah, an evangelist about never reaching for need. TD and I were fundamentally opposed in this aspect. He would do everything he could to take the player he wanted, even if it meant giving away other draft picks. I believe in dropping back as much as possible to acquire future compensation.

Any player is a ruptured Achilles away from mediocrity or worse. Team depth is what matters.

Or just maybe not as good as people think. It doesnt take an injury just overhype. And i can think of 2 or more of these qb prospects that are just that, overhype.

****Don't know how this got double posted*****  But I  can't delete it*****

Edited by Williamb
Addition
Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

@TheDirtyWordII you can say that we have a bias towards posters all you want. But the reality is, you are getting blasted in this thread by countless people because of YOU. Not because of me or the other admins. You are 10000% getting what you deserve. Perhaps if you didn't talk to people like a condescending pompous jerk then there would actually be objective discussion in here. You brought this on yourself dude. 

So being pompous is a greater crime here against the CoC than painting someone as having been sexually abused as a child?

I don’t have any personal relationships here...and I’ve been here for two decades.  Allows me to not care about any of the slights or ‘blasts’ as you’ve put it.  I come here to joust.

But if you think you’re a steward of some type of fairness doctrine related to what goes on here, I laugh at your double standards.

12 minutes ago, HairyArabFalconFan said:

It was the Declaration of Independence. 

12 minutes ago, 215FalconsFanatic said:

my 2 cents is the Falcons need to start looking to the future of QB. When was the last time, we drafted a QB. Also do we think any of the projected 2nd/3rd round QBs can be developed. I think the biggest thing is we have to leave this draft with a QB of the future. Evaluation wise if they feel the gap between Newman and say Lance isnt that great. Maybe we go elsewhere and pick up a QB in the second. I believe Lawrence and Fields are tier 1, bonefid blue chip QB prospects since day 1. If you can draft one, you take them because they dont come around that often. Will they be success in the pros? who knows but they have a great chance to be. then there is tier 2, it is really up to the evaluator where that ends. Do you take a jones in the 2nd (where i think he will fall) who shows he isnt the most talented but when surrounded by good athletes, he is fine. He would have that in the NFL. to me, he is Andy Dalton. In my eyes, Smith would like a Newman because he shows some Tannnehil like traits. 

But i am a fan so what do i know. The point i am making is QB has to be in the mix but i have confidence in Fontenot ability to evaluate talent and know what succeeds in this league. The saints have been drafting in the back of the draft for years and have consistently out drafted us and by good found some gems. I did not think Kamara was going to be this good. At Tenessee, i thought he was a look like tarzan, plays like jane type. To ok with catching passes and trying to run around people, happy feet. Boy was i wrong.

What is interesting is that most of us have done a spectacularly poor job of projecting great QBs.  Great quarterbacks can be developed if they possess the right skill set, mental acuity and drive.  Also, doesnt hurt to be placed in the right place.  

Man, I just knew Colt Brennan was a cant miss.  And he did.  I just knew as the resident Texas Homer that Young was a cannot miss QB. Physically.  **** shame he didn't have the mental aspect and the maturity of a five year old.

Building a team is hard.  Having more picks allows for more screw-screwups and the ability to take a flyer on a freak.  

So being pompous is a greater crime here against the CoC than painting someone as having been sexually abused as a child?

I don’t have any personal relationships here...and I’ve been here for two decades.  Allows me to not care about any of the slights or ‘blasts’ as you’ve put it.  I come here to joust.

But if you think you’re a steward of some type of fairness doctrine related to what goes on here, I laugh at your double standards.

There is a lot to unpack here.