Jump to content

Recommended Posts

"Smith isn’t owed anything. He may have been the hottest name and the Falcons’ preferred candidate, but he’s not getting a pass from this fan base. Right or wrong, there are a lot of Falcons fans that expect him to win 10+ football games and get the Falcons back to the playoffs in 2021. It’s probably unfair to say that he’s walking on thin ice, because he does have a lot of talent to work with already. But any fan base that’s endured what we have endured over the last 4 years is going to be apprehensive. And the ultimate question is whether we can ignore a red flag or two going forward, knowing that Smith will need 2-3 years to construct and establish his brand of Falcons football.

Are you ready for what comes next, Falcons fans?"

This is a fair point.  Are we ready for the inevitable growing pains?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coach Smith, please do not listen to a dam thing this fan base has to say.  Mods, please deliver

As long as Dairy Quinn isn’t part of it, I’m willing to let it play out.

I think one of the reasons I'm not interested is because I don't have that attachment with those characters. Like Falcon and Winter Soldier, I'll watch that from start to finish. But I'm going to keep

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

"Smith isn’t owed anything. He may have been the hottest name and the Falcons’ preferred candidate, but he’s not getting a pass from this fan base. Right or wrong, there are a lot of Falcons fans that expect him to win 10+ football games and get the Falcons back to the playoffs in 2021. It’s probably unfair to say that he’s walking on thin ice, because he does have a lot of talent to work with already. But any fan base that’s endured what we have endured over the last 4 years is going to be apprehensive. And the ultimate question is whether we can ignore a red flag or two going forward, knowing that Smith will need 2-3 years to construct and establish his brand of Falcons football.

Are you ready for what comes next, Falcons fans?"

This is a fair point.  Are we ready for the inevitable growing pains?  

I’m ready. Bring it on. Great article. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It’s not about what fans want... It’s about AS going in to contract extension after year 2. What does AB want? AB did say he doesn’t expect rebuild and wants to win. I wish I was in the interview to hear what AS told AB on expectations. 

I heard we weren’t a 4-10 team with the talent we had we were a 7-9 team. That doesn’t get you into the playoffs and Smith has already hinted that the roster will look completely different than it does today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Have not. That one hasn't excited me how I would hope so I'm fully open to watching the reviews after each show then watch the ones that get me excited

That’s a good strategy. I was initially out for it, but I hear there is direct ties to Dr Strange 2 so that got me  intrigued. Also it has a matrix/Truman show type of vibe of a fake reality presented with the real gritty world underneath, which I like. I’ll probably check it out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

That’s a good strategy. I was initially out for it, but I hear there is direct ties to Dr Strange 2 so that got me  intrigued. Also it has a matrix/Truman show type of vibe of a fake reality presented with the real gritty world underneath, which I like. I’ll probably check it out. 

I think one of the reasons I'm not interested is because I don't have that attachment with those characters. Like Falcon and Winter Soldier, I'll watch that from start to finish. But I'm going to keep my eyes and ears open about the WandaVision developments. 

The Flash should be restarting soon so I'll have that to fall back on lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I think one of the reasons I'm not interested is because I don't have that attachment with those characters. Like Falcon and Winter Soldier, I'll watch that from start to finish. But I'm going to keep my eyes and ears open about the WandaVision developments. 

The Flash should be restarting soon so I'll have that to fall back on lol

The Flash pisses me off. I’m the fastest man alive. *Villian pops up who is faster* Then he gets faster and defeats him. 
 

I just hate all super hero movies tho. I want them to kill the bad guy. **** that dude. I’m tired of letting them live then they escape and kill a loved one. Bump that just rip my guys head off and be done with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

The Flash pisses me off. I’m the fastest man alive. *Villian pops up who is faster* Then he gets faster and defeats him. 
 

I just hate all super hero movies tho. I want them to kill the bad guy. **** that dude. I’m tired of letting them live then they escape and kill a loved one. Bump that just rip my guys head off and be done with it.

Gotta let the action build slowly lol. As of now heading into this season he's powerless and getting spanked by someone who was hiding in a mirror lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

The Flash pisses me off. I’m the fastest man alive. *Villian pops up who is faster* Then he gets faster and defeats him. 
 

I just hate all super hero movies tho. I want them to kill the bad guy. **** that dude. I’m tired of letting them live then they escape and kill a loved one. Bump that just rip my guys head off and be done with it.

So you would be a big fan of Brightburn, what a messed up movie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think one of the reasons I'm not interested is because I don't have that attachment with those characters. Like Falcon and Winter Soldier, I'll watch that from start to finish. But I'm going to keep my eyes and ears open about the WandaVision developments. 

The Flash should be restarting soon so I'll have that to fall back on lol

It’s always good to have fallbacks. I really was late to the MCU game, but I watched all relevant films leading up to endGame. Winter Soldier was one of my favs of the bunch. 
 

the flash movie to have a Batman cameo!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like it or not this team is in a rebuild. Anyone expecting us to be in a “win now” mode is setting unrealistic expectations. There will be a learning curve to this offense, and there will be roster optimization moves. We should see a turn around in record. We may even make it to the playoffs. However it should be about 2-3 years before we are seriously competing again for a SB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think one of the reasons I'm not interested is because I don't have that attachment with those characters. Like Falcon and Winter Soldier, I'll watch that from start to finish. But I'm going to keep my eyes and ears open about the WandaVision developments. 

The Flash should be restarting soon so I'll have that to fall back on lol

WandaVision has me intrigued. There’s a few theories I have on who the main villain is. One of which is linked to the X-Men, and is obscure enough that it would make sense that SWORD is involved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Like it or not this team is in a rebuild. Anyone expecting us to be in a “win now” mode is setting unrealistic expectations. There will be a learning curve to this offense, and there will be roster optimization moves. We should see a turn around in record. We may even make it to the playoffs. However it should be about 2-3 years before we are seriously competing again for a SB. 

I think it's the defense that needs a complete overhaul. The offense, personnel wise, could compete for playoffs with a competent OC. The talent is more than enough at an positions except at RB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...