An oldie but goodie!!

ADAMSVILLE GYM

26 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The the team went out and collect 6 wins.

Started out 2-6. Then went 4-3. Had a playoff berth in our sight in Week 17 with a win and got blown out 34-3 at home by the Panties who took the division at 7-8-1. The DET loss in London didn't help.

We fired Smitty shortly thereafter. Should have fired Dimi the same day. The roster he built after replacing all the McKay and Reeves players he inherited was turrible. 18-30. Posted up another 18-30 run before we finally cut him. Troffed.

43 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

2014* and it was maybe his first pre-season game ever

...but, he never did improve at that particular skill. 

On a side note, that is why we hear the "special teams are a way for marginal players to make a team" rant so often. Special teams require two things, a grasp of football fundamentals and a whole bucket full of want to. Freeman wasn't a marginal talent, so he made the team based on his ball skills (running and catching). Any marginal running back that puts that play on tape is done...camp over!

Wow, I was so pissed at the Falcons turning to garbage at the end of the Mike Smith era, that I never watched one episode of Hard Knocks with the Falcons, I needed a break from the Falcons. After seeing this, I wish I had watched it. That was hilarious, I had no idea that Armstrong would go off like that.

Dang, y’all hate on Freeman.  He was the man.

I get the one block, where some dope play caller wants to rest the Super Bowl on a RB’s block.  But c’mon. That was an awful night that will sting until we win one. But 0-19 4th quarter isn’t all about one poorly assigned block in a poorly constructed play. We weren’t going to LI without Freeman.  Just like we weren’t going to LI without Ryan.  I’m not seeing our last RB making that hit!  That’s a tight end’s job, But....

18 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

I have always thought of this example as one of the dumbest ways to try and motivate for success.. I mean WTH is he doing? Just arrogant stupid YADA YADA.. Lead by example  you tool!  Just pointless blather.. I know my opinion won't be a favorite here but this teaching method should have died in the 80's. I saw my fair share of coaches like this and it never drove me or any other player to success.. Pretty much had the opposite effect..   He is playing it up for the camera. someone should have knocked him over the head with that same camera.. Now that's a "HARD KNOCKS" episode I'd watch.

GO FALCONS!

29 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Dang, y’all hate on Freeman.  He was the man.

I get the one block, where some dope play caller wants to rest the Super Bowl on a RB’s block.  But c’mon. That was an awful night that will sting until we win one. But 0-19 4th quarter isn’t all about one poorly assigned block in a poorly constructed play. We weren’t going to LI without Freeman.  Just like we weren’t going to LI without Ryan.  I’m not seeing our last RB making that hit!  That’s a tight end’s job, But....

What if we are just specifically talking about HIS role in the SB loss and not blaming the whole game on him? What if?

7 minutes ago, Goal2Go said:

I have always thought of this example as one of the dumbest ways to try and motivate for success.. I mean WTH is he doing? Just arrogant stupid YADA YADA.. Lead by example  you tool!  Just pointless blather.. I know my opinion won't be a favorite here but this teaching method should have died in the 80's. I saw my fair share of coaches like this and it never drove me or any other player to success.. Pretty much had the opposite effect..   He is playing it up for the camera. someone should have knocked him over the head with that same camera.. Now that's a "HARD KNOCKS" episode I'd watch.

GO FALCONS!

*Attempts to make a point about abusive language not working.

*Suggests physical abuse as an alternative.

image.jpeg.d2b8071952251f91e554c32905d1af4b.jpeg

12 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

*Attempts to make a point about abusive language not working.

*Suggests physical abuse as an alternative.

image.jpeg.d2b8071952251f91e554c32905d1af4b.jpeg

Anyone who sits in a room with grown men and talks to them that way needs an *** kicking. It shows a total lack of character and intelligence.. I was not attempting to make a point about anything actually. just stating the obvious. 

And yeah. In my day you shut your **** mouth and through the Physical abuse that is "The Game Of Football", you made your point. Anyone who screamed abusive language like an idiot was never really heard any way.  Say what ya will it was not a personal attack on the OP just an observation.  I loved smacking the talkers in the mouth every play and went outta my way to do so.. Thankfully It was always well received and helped fuel me for the next toad that came along.  Yeah Good times.. Not a word had to be said.. These days all anyone does is TALK.. yada yada yada

GO FALCONS!

4 hours ago, Goal2Go said:

Anyone who sits in a room with grown men and talks to them that way needs an *** kicking. It shows a total lack of character and intelligence.. I was not attempting to make a point about anything actually. just stating the obvious. 

And yeah. In my day you shut your **** mouth and through the Physical abuse that is "The Game Of Football", you made your point. Anyone who screamed abusive language like an idiot was never really heard any way.  Say what ya will it was not a personal attack on the OP just an observation.  I loved smacking the talkers in the mouth every play and went outta my way to do so.. Thankfully It was always well received and helped fuel me for the next toad that came along.  Yeah Good times.. Not a word had to be said.. These days all anyone does is TALK.. yada yada yada

GO FALCONS!

Hmm...

This has a “I’ll never get talked to like that again!” tone to it. 

I came from and currently work in different world (obviously) where men were/are quite capable of being able to talk about their jobs/mission in several ways. Including using blue language. If you’re not insulting, assaulting, discriminating, sexualizing, criminalizing or personalizing it, you can make your point to other men and they didn’t take it personally.  Just like those men in the video. I also played sports at a higher level than little league, high school and college too.
   I assume you probably would have had something to say back to Coach Armstrong because you felt disrespected in front of others. Meh. 
   I guess some skins are thicker than others. But I understand your concern.  There is a whole new world out there today that doesn’t tolerate strong language. 

Edited by ADAMSVILLE GYM
Spelling errors

I firmly believe there are times in everyone’s life that you need a good a$$ chewing. And a real man/woman will acknowledge this and take it to heart and learn from it and admit they deserved it. That said, I’m not sure putting this out there for the world to see is good for anyone. A$$ chewings should be done behind closed doors. 

1 hour ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Hmm...

This has a “I’ll never get talked to like that again!” tone to it. 

I came from and currently work in different world (obviously) where men were/are quite capable of being able to talk about their jobs/mission in several ways. Including using blue language. If you’re not insulting, assaulting, discriminating, sexualizing, criminalizing or personalizing it, you can make your point to other men and they didn’t take it personally.  Just like those men in the video. I also played sports at a higher level than little league, high school and college too.
   I assume you probably would have had something to say back to Coach Armstrong because you felt disrespected in front of others. Meh. 
   I guess some skins are thicker than others. But I understand your concern.  There is a whole new world out there today that doesn’t tolerate strong language. 

Nope. I would have said absolutely nothing.. I always let my football do the talking.  I played in an era where this was common place so I get it. 

I had plenty of foul mouth coaches and not a single one of them was worth the crap they spewed.

I never respected a loud mouth player or coach.. Pretty simple. Sets a bad example. It has never been about the roosters feathers and squawking. It's about results. Shut up and put up.. Least that was the world i played ball in.  Last thing I am is "New World" I am old school. through and through..

GO FALCONS!

4 minutes ago, Goal2Go said:

Nope. I would have said absolutely nothing.. I always let my football do the talking.  I played in an era where this was common place so I get it. 

I had plenty of foul mouth coaches and not a single one of them was worth the crap they spewed.

I never respected a loud mouth player or coach.. Pretty simple. Sets a bad example. It has never been about the roosters feathers and squawking. It's about results. Shut up and put up.. Least that was the world i played ball in.  Last thing I am is "New World" I am old school. through and through..

GO FALCONS!

All this translates to a normal everyday workplace environment too. In all my working years if I ever got an a$$ chewing it was done in my boss’s office with me only with the door closed and not with yelling but with firm language with minimal foul language, and I came out of the meeting with respect for my boss and respect for my job.... except for one time when I got chewed out in the open in front of my peers. It was demoralizing and left me embarrassed and I lost respect for my boss. And turns out my peers who witnessed it lost respect for him too. A$$ chewings are necessary but should be handled correctly. My parents termed it “a come to Jesus” meeting.