Other than quarterback...

Other than quarterbacks, who do you guys think would make a justifiable pick at #4?  It seems like most of the suggestions on the board (I probably missed some) get the "he's a good pick, but not at 4, I would trade down." response. Is there anyone y'all would be excited about at 4?

My 'excited about' list is starting to take a little shape now, slowly but surely.

Right now, if I have to sit, and I assume that 1,2,3 are Lawrence, Fields and Sewell/Chase?

BPA tells me that the remaining of Sewell/Chase/Wilson/Lance is the pick. However, I'm not so nuts to think that we'd actually take one of them, BPA or not. 

I don't believe anybody from that point to 15 is much different talent wise. So, I'm taking Rousseau, all things being fairly equal in my BPA mind. I'm not going to get bent out of shape if Parsons or Surtain lands for us there, because they're all comparable prospects.

I'm a little different than most when it comes to reaches: If you can't trade down, and they're not going to be there by your next pick, I'm happy taking them. That being said, there's a lot of players I like that would be considered reaches at 4 but that won't be there in the 2'nd. Obviously I'd like a trade down, but sometimes that doesn't work out. There's a couple CB's, OLine, and even a safety or two I wouldn't be upset about us taking. 

7 hours ago, BAMF said:

Other than quarterbacks, who do you guys think would make a justifiable pick at #4?  It seems like most of the suggestions on the board (I probably missed some) get the "he's a good pick, but not at 4, I would trade down." response. Is there anyone y'all would be excited about at 4?

In terms of matching need with draft value, my honest answer is no. Nobody who fits is worthy of the #4 pick, and I say that as a big fan of Surtain.

Ja'Marr Chase would definitely be BPA and fun to watch as a player. He's the best WR prospect since Amari Cooper. I mean, Justin Jefferson just wrecked the NFL as a rookie, and everyone believes Chase is better.

We would have to bench a good player if we drafted Chase while keeping Julio and Ridley, though. Russell Gage should be starting in this league.

I'm even iffy on Sewell. That forces us to get rid of a good LT or give up on McGary after two years.

All of these statements presume no injuries, but you get the point. The strengths at the top of this draft don't fit our needs.