I see posts about Surtain at 4 and other players, but are TATF really ready to go BPA?

I think when you are looking at non QBs I think that best players are Sewell and Chase... But not desperate needs?

Lets say there is no trade down option. Are you all willing to take best player even though it is not a top top need like pass rusher, secondary..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think they should trade back, and then go BPA after that with the extra picks. Lots of hidden gems this draft due to players opting out and such which resulted in their draft value lowering. 

There is almost always an opportunity to trade back in the top of the draft...it all depends what you’re willing to accept in exchange. With Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Sewell in the draft, I would bet

Yes, but is there is no trade back possibility. You dont just press a button and then you trade back to your preferred position. You need a partner who sees the value.

43 minutes ago, Trick Montalban said:

I think they should trade back, and then go BPA after that with the extra picks. Lots of hidden gems this draft due to players opting out and such which resulted in their draft value lowering. 

Yes, but is there is no trade back possibility.

You dont just press a button and then you trade back to your preferred position. You need a partner who sees the value.

2 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

You dont just press a button and then you trade back to your preferred position. You need a partner who sees the value.

There is almost always an opportunity to trade back in the top of the draft...it all depends what you’re willing to accept in exchange. With Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Sewell in the draft, I would bet the house the Falcons have inquiries to trade back...all depends if the are willing to accept what’s proposed.

10 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

There is almost always an opportunity to trade back in the top of the draft...it all depends what you’re willing to accept in exchange. With Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Sewell in the draft, I would bet the house the Falcons have inquiries to trade back...all depends if the are willing to accept what’s proposed.

Yes, but the idea was that if there isn't.... Then are people ready to go BPA

3 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

I see posts about Surtain at 4 and other players, but are TATF really ready to go BPA?

I think when you are looking at non QBs I think that best players are Sewell and Chase... But not desperate needs?

Lets say there is no trade down option. Are you all willing to take best player even though it is not a top top need like pass rusher, secondary..

Parsons is in that same conversation. 

2 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

There will be plenty of calls for #4. 

4 hours ago, Trick Montalban said:

I agree with that IF AND ONLY IF we can find a trade partner willing to engage us in a trade that makes sense for us. 

4 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

I think a trade back will be available regardless, it just may not be the kings ransom that we hope to receive. 

Trade down is the preferred option but if we can’t then I’m good taking Sewell or Surtain.  While LT is nowhere near our biggest need we can shuffle the line to get Sewell in there and making the pick worth it.  Maybe you trade Jake... he has a high salary but I have no clue what the dead money is if we were to do so.  

I think BPA always has some positional value baked in. That’s why you generally dont see off-ball LBs, RBs, WRs, OGs, OCs going top 5. There are some exceptions if a player is considered a generational talent, but even then the pick is often met w/ some scrutiny.

27 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I think BPA always has some positional value baked in. That’s why you generally dont see off-ball LBs, RBs, WRs, OGs, OCs going top 5. There are some exceptions if a player is considered a generational talent, but even then the pick is often met w/ some scrutiny.

Yeah that's why BPA varies from team to team. People try to over simplify the term BPA but there is obviously some nuance to it. 

I'm beginning to believe that our assumptions about the top of this draft might be wrong. Yes, I fully expect the top three picks to be offense, and likely QBs (Miami will likely trade out unless they like Wilson or Lance).

After that? We've seen defenders get pushed up in countless drafts before, because of the premium on DL and pass rushers. Teams might figure they better get a defender now rather than wait, while the offensive side is loaded this year.

Also, some of the top prospects entering the last college season sat out, so we're in a trap of making projections based on their not having played a season. NFL big boards might be entirely different than the public as it relates to these guys. 

As for BPA, I certainly am a fan of that, so I'd love us to take the best player we can at that spot, then figure out the roster fit later, unless that's a QB. I'm only for taking QBs when you need one, not for convenience sake. If a QB lands there, you trade out, because "BPA" at that time is whatever number of guys you can get with those extra picks. 

Having said all that, the likely "BPA" at 4 is going to be a WR. No one is brain damaged enough to believe we'll take say, Jamarr Chase, at 4 with Ridley and Julio on the roster. 😄

BPA means many things. Is it the Best possible Player overall Available? The Best Player Available on the Falcons board? The Best Player on offense or defense?

It doesn't make sense to read too much into it. Because right now the team has all new staff that are still building a draft board.

4 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

You don't just press a button and then you trade back to your preferred position. You need a partner who sees the value.

Um. Without even thinking hard, there are a few teams who would be itching to move up for a QB at 4. Detroit, Denver, SF maybe, definitely New England, Raiders, Washington, Indy even. 

Even beyond that, a team in need of a Sewell or one of those top WRs might not want to wait and settle for leftovers.

The idea that it's an impossibility to trade back is kind of silly. 

Just now, thanat0s said:

Um. Without even thinking hard, there are a few teams who would be itching to move up for a QB at 4. Detroit, Denver, SF maybe, definitely New England, Raiders, Washington, Indy even. 

Even beyond that, a team in need of a Sewell or one of those top WRs might not want to wait and settle for leftovers.

The idea that it's an impossibility to trade back is kind of silly. 

The only team I would doubt is New England. They would never trade that high up. Belichick would rather sit where he is and take a QB later that he and McDaniels can mold.