I have a question. When Terry says he's coming "For the players too" and right at that moment there's Matt,Julio,Grady.  So if it's the players that he's brought in, then he wants to work with them, right? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, so I'm asking the question.

1 minute ago, FalconsGM said:

I have a question. When Terry says he's coming "For the players too" and right at that moment there's Matt,Julio,Grady.  So if it's the players that he's brought in, then he wants to work with them, right? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, so I'm asking the question.

I think he's being diplomatic, and realistic.  My guess is he knows he's not blowing up the team immediately.  He's got to make moves around our issues.  

3 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I think he's being diplomatic, and realistic.  My guess is he knows he's not blowing up the team immediately.  He's got to make moves around our issues.  

Also what is there to blow up really? He is coming from the Saints a team that built a consistent winner behind Brees for years. He is the kind of guy who knows what to find to keep his vets happy and winning.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Also what is there to blow up really? He is coming from the Saints a team that built a consistent winner behind Brees for years. He is the kind of guy who knows what to find to keep his vets happy and winning.

Absolutely.  I have never been on that bandwagon of blowing it up.  It makes no sense if you want to keep 50K+ season ticket holders happy.  We have good pieces, we need more.  Hes a smart man.

8 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I also think he wants to give this team a chance and see how it goes with a new environment. Personally I think it would be a mistake to blow it all up, rather add players from the draft who are day 1 ready and train others with the veterans already present to avoid paying them and put the cap space in the red. 

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

Absolutely.  I have never been on that bandwagon of blowing it up.  It makes no sense if you want to keep 50K+ season ticket holders happy.  We have good pieces, we need more.  Hes a smart man.

One minute Blank says that no player is safe.

The next he says that he wants to win now.

You can't have both ways. If you're going to purge the roster, then that's a several year rebuild. No coach of GM wants to take a job where they aren't going to win. They have their futures to worry about too.

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

You can't have both ways. If you're going to purge the roster, then that's a several year rebuild. No coach of GM wants to take a job where they aren't going to win. They have their futures to worry about too.

Blank is a billionaire.

Most of if not all of them believe they can.

15 minutes ago, Jesus said:

A playoff team, but not really a winning team. The saints are paying way too much for their receivers and running backs, that's why it doesn't get any further in the playoffs. A team is built from the closest to the ball to the furthest from the ball.

5 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

A playoff team, but not really a winning team. The saints are paying way too much for their receivers and running backs, that's why it doesn't get any further in the playoffs. A team is built from the closest to the ball to the furthest from the ball.

Not sure that's true. They had a top 5 defense and an offensive line that gave up just 29 sacks and 6th in rushing and 1st in rushing TDs. They lost to Tampa because Brees finally broke and had a terrible game.  They get a decent QB and they are back in the running next year. Heck they won with Hill at QB.

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Not sure that's true. They had a top 5 defense and an offensive line that gave up just 29 sacks and 6th in rushing and 1st in rushing TDs. They lost to Tampa because Brees finally broke and had a terrible game.  They get a decent QB and they are back in the running next year. Heck they won with Hill at QB.

Look at their salary cap for next year and you will see that they will have choices to make. And like you said they won with a big defense, but it won't be the same next year.

Just now, FalconsGM said:

Look at their salary cap for next year and you will see that they will have choices to make. And like you said they won with a big defense, but it won't be the same next year.

Maybe but that's what team building is all about. You still need that corps of players which they have on both sides of the ball. Kamara, Jordan, Lattimore, and Thomas aren't going anywhere. 

40 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

Fontenot didn't edit the video.

34 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I disagree .

You absolutely can have it both ways.

Blank also said that he will not tie the hands of the gm or coach but they have to have a plan in place to win...and win soon.

11 minutes ago, Malachore said:

New TATF drinking game.

Shots every time Terry says "uhmm".

It makes it hard to watch it.

He is clearly a bright guy but hearing umm every 2 words is going to get old....and quick.

But if we win in 2021 then he can ummm his way to the bank.

28 minutes ago, RYNE said:

What is the post about uniforms? Did something change? I’m confused 

You and I both witnessed and were victims of marketing genius at work. I stayed glued to the entire video. All the while, a voice in the background quietly whispering “The new GM doesn’t give a rats *** about uniforms at this stage”. But the OTHER VOICE was saying “but what if he does?!”.

When it was over, all I could think of was what a scoundrel OP is. Bravo!!