Jump to content

We need to draft the next Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman.


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Was about to say this. Everyone wants Harris but Etienne and finding a power back later or in FA makes more sense to me.

Honestly.... Fournette would be a great get for us.... he could flourish with Smith like Henry did.

Get him, draft  Etieene or Hubbard who is fast as **** as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A combo of Kenneth Gainwell and Trey Sermon would be nasty. I see Christian McCaffrey light in Gainwell and a smaller version of Lagarret Blount in Sermon

Kylin Hill/Rhamondre Stevenson/Khalil Herbert  would all be good fits in wide zone scheme

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We could throw short vertical routes to Julio and Ridley and let their speed take over. 

 

Hey I’m not in charge. But Ryan has strength and weakness like anybody. And he’s not going anywhere.  And nobody is doing him or Julio Jones or Hurst or Ridley or Gage or Smith any favors working against his weaknesses. That’s not meant to be anti-Ryan. If it was my job to win games with our roster I’d bring the game closer to our QB.  I know I’ve ragged on him but it is true he is being played incorrectly for his ability. And hey, if Ryan throws that inside ball more often Jones or Ridley will find themselves open more often as defenses adapt.  There are other QBs that play very similar to Ryan. But some of the routes called for Jones and Rid are not efficient for Ryan. And another benefit is this negates the small shortcomings of our O line. At least a little. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bigjmw84 said:

A combo of Kenneth Gainwell and Trey Sermon would be nasty. I see Christian McCaffrey light in Gainwell and a smaller version of Lagarret Blount in Sermon

Kylin Hill/Rhamondre Stevenson/Khalil Herbert  would all be good fits in wide zone scheme

Austin Eckler would be a better comp for Gainwell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lornoth said:

I want a real RB, not another shifty gadget player like Ito or Quizz. We need another Turner on this team bad. 

I don't usually go for guys with weed suspensions, but Rhamondre Stevenson is a guy I really like this draft, if we don't just go all out for Harris. 

I think guys like that are fine for depth/situational or whatever, but yeah not the kind of guys you want to hang your season on. I did like Quizz tho, still believe we got good value for what we invested (5th rd) and I could watch that earl thomas highlight every day 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I think guys like that are fine for depth/situational or whatever, but yeah not the kind of guys you want to hang your season on. I did like Quizz tho, still believe we got good value for what we invested (5th rd) and I could watch that earl thomas highlight every day 🙂

Quizz was a great 3'rd RB. We kind of need a 1'st and 2'nd RB before I'll be happy getting someone like him again though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, M@ck said:

I really don’t think Chubba makes it to the third . I think we will see a lot of these rbs go earlier than projected , due to the fact that it’s becoming increasingly more important to NOT pay them  when their time is due . Chiefs made it a point to take CEH in the first round to control him for 5 years . My bet is that unless the rb market resets prior to then , they will just dump him for another Rookie . 
 

we need to attack RB in the first round if we trade out of pick 4 for more picks . 

I was with you up until the last sentence.  No way you draft a RB in the first with the amount of needs this team has.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Honestly.... Fournette would be a great get for us.... he could flourish with Smith like Henry did.

Get him, draft  Etieene or Hubbard who is fast as **** as well.

He’ll get overpaid because he was a first round pick.  Has bad hands and success rate is still average at best.  He came into the league 15 years to late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, M@ck said:

I really don’t think Chubba makes it to the third . I think we will see a lot of these rbs go earlier than projected , due to the fact that it’s becoming increasingly more important to NOT pay them  when their time is due . Chiefs made it a point to take CEH in the first round to control him for 5 years . My bet is that unless the rb market resets prior to then , they will just dump him for another Rookie . 
 

we need to attack RB in the first round if we trade out of pick 4 for more picks . 

I think Harris goes in the back half of the first round..we definitely will be trade back into the first to get him i feel 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Maybe, theoretically if Ollison and Ito could get it done, that would be more draft capital for FS, CB, DE, and LG. But there's also FA as well. It's risky crossing your fingers that those 2 can get it done while adding a late rd RB for depth, but the last regime was so dam dumb it's possible they could. ****.

I agree but think it makes the point that we don't have to get a back on day 1 or 2 of the draft if the right one isn't available.  Maybe Ollison is like Rico from the Quinn regime.  Draftpick from previous staff that carves out a big role with the new staff.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

Why stop there? Let's hope we draft the next Dunn and Turner.

The best pair of running backs we had at one time was William Andrews and Lynn Cain.  It was so much fun watching them run .  I was a freshman in high school in 1980. Watching them 2 feed off of each other made them both better. They had great chemistry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...