Do you guys ever wonder...

BAMF

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Someone saw something in him.  You don't work as hard as we have to stash him away where he can't get poached week after week unless you have plans.  Of course. We have a whole new coaching staff and managerial focus.  So, who knows? 

The kid reminds me of a mobile Schaub.  Good arm. 

We have a good offensive minded coach that may be able to get him going as well 

41 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Absolutely! He could be the next Kurt Warner. You never know.

Hope not.

Kurt Warner has had a rollercoaster ride of a career. There was also a time right after the short lived Greatest Show on Turf Rams where Warner was terrible for some years and declined to a backup before having a resurgence with the Cardinals.

12 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Hope not.

Kurt Warner has had a rollercoaster ride of a career. There was also a time right after the short lived Greatest Show on Turf Rams where Warner was terrible for some years and declined to a backup before having a resurgence with the Cardinals.

Didn't he have a wrist issue for a while where it was hard for him to grip the ball?

24 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

This thread could add several players.  Senat for one.  They keep him around, but don't play him.  He's a healthy scratch more often than not.  Why?  If he doesn't play, why keep him?

Senat has actually been impressive against real competition, so he's actually confusing to me

1 minute ago, thanat0s said:

Such is the life of anyone playing behind ironman Matt Ryan. You rarely see the field after warmups. 

Well, tbf to Benkert, his opportunities have been somewhat limited.

Year 1, meh, he was no poor than PS fodder

Year 2, looked good, but against players who didn't even make practice squads. Could he have done well against better competition? We'll never know since he only played part of one game. This also makes it hard to think anything positive about him from that day it was such a small sample size; not even a whole game, and against terrible competition.

Year 3, no preseason

Could he have been better this season? Maybe, but there's really no reason to think so other than personal desire.

I wished he could’ve played or started in a game or two at the end of the year. He has a live arm throws a nice ball and is fairly mobile. He showed some nice flashes when he did play. I don’t know why that’s meaningless to some of y’all. If he’d looked like crap in the preseason games would that be meaningless? I thought the purpose of pre season was to evaluate talent. The guy has some talent and it would be nice to know if he’d be a legit back up or who knows what

35 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Senat has actually been impressive against real competition, so he's actually confusing to me

Gotta be bad practice habits.

Same with Ollison.

He has shown in very limited carries that he can be an effective  short yardage/goal line back.

But his practice reps must not be good.

Morris alluded to him having to earn his PT....so maybe he has not been good in practice.