JJ Watt Likely To Be Traded:

FalconsIn2012

4 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

Watson hasn't done anything wrong, he's angry with the owner of the team and has every right to be. It's a reason he's not the only one that wants out of Texas and all of his teammates are in support of it as well. If you're not aware as to why he's upset then a few google searches will fill you in.

When the teams former legends speaking out against the org and saying Watson needs to get out of there you know things are being run poorly. It took one season for the Texans owner to turn that into the worst run organization in the league, it's January 25h and they are the only team in the league without a HC still. They fired BOB in October, the entire destination is undesirable and whoever goes there is working with a roster devoid of talent.

As much as I love Andre, him speaking out doesn't mean much. These players choose to sign these long term deals with garbage organizations then change their attitudes when things don't quite go their way. Can't feel much sympathy for them 

7 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

it's January 25h and they are the only team in the league without a HC still. They fired BOB in October, the entire destination is undesirable and whoever goes there is working with a roster devoid of talent.

I was under the impression that they were looking at Bienemy.  Bienemy isnt taking interviews til the season is over.  If Bienemy loses his playbook over the next 2 weeks, then he is the shoe-in for Houston guaranteed.

28 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

I was under the impression that they were looking at Bienemy.  Bienemy isnt taking interviews til the season is over.  If Bienemy loses his playbook over the next 2 weeks, then he is the shoe-in for Houston guaranteed.

Yeah I think they'll try to throw Watson a bone and hope he stays.

I believe JJ has an out clause in this his last contract year.

He already did a presser that looked pretty much like he's seen his last day as a Texan.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

You do realize Barrett was a nobody (Dime a Dozen) prior to reviving his career in Tampa? lmao He had 14 sacks TOTAL his first 5 seasons. Those are worse numbers than Takk and Beasley had. Fowler in comparison had 27.5 sacks his first 4 seasons

But yes, Play the pretend we should have known Barrett would become a guy that got 27.5 sacks in his next 2 seasons after going to Tampa.

FYI - Watt and Shaq play completely different positions and have completely different responsibilities. Try and at least pretend you know something about football before you post stuff like this.

This was after Barrett's first year with Tampa after he only smashed the NFL sack leader numbers that year.  I said, go get Shaq Barrett now!  He was only on a one year.  Fans on here were telling me, OH HE IS A DMIE A DOZEN....  Why?  because he isnt some over priced First rounder that was a bust?  Fowler, Beasley, Mckinley all have produced with the Falcons  like they never played Football before.  Bucs showed Shaq the money and now look at him.  Best Pass Rusher in the NFL and he proved it vs Rodgers.  How many of our guys put a finger on Rodgers this past year?  We probably had a whole 1 pressure on him the whole game in week 4.  

Edited by ryanblink

7 minutes ago, ryanblink said:

This was after Barrett's first year with Tampa after he only smashed the NFL sack leader numbers that year.  I said, go get Shaq Barrett now!  He was only on a one year.  Fans on here were telling me, OH HE IS A DMIE A DOZEN....  Why?  because he isnt some over priced First rounder that was a bust?  Fowler, Beasley, Mckinley all have produced with the Falcons  like they never played Football before.  Bucs showed Shaq the money and now look at him.  Best Pass Rusher in the NFL and he proved it vs Rodgers.  How many of our guys put a finger on Rodgers this past year?  We probably had a whole 1 pressure on him the whole game in week 4.  

He was never in FA last year so how exactly were we going to go get him? He was franchise tagged. 

21 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

Watson hasn't done anything wrong, he's angry with the owner of the team and has every right to be. It's a reason he's not the only one that wants out of Texas and all of his teammates are in support of it as well. If you're not aware as to why he's upset then a few google searches will fill you in.

When the teams former legends speaking out against the org and saying Watson needs to get out of there you know things are being run poorly. It took one season for the Texans owner to turn that into the worst run organization in the league, it's January 25h and they are the only team in the league without a HC still. They fired BOB in October, the entire destination is undesirable and whoever goes there is working with a roster devoid of talent.

I read all the articles. O'Brien was a fool, no doubt about that and they should've never let him have personnel control. The best thing that could've happened for them is if O'Brien would've disappeared after year one and popped up at a news conference yelling 'Woo Pig Soooowey". That being said, Watson's actions led the response of the players as to how the rebuild would go and when he quit on the team and all the guys who aren't being paid a kings ransom he decided the fate of the organization for all who remain.

He did it because of what? They wouldn't let him pick the GM? Nick Caseario isn't some no name bozo without chops. He doesn't like the boss? That never happens does it? Maybe they don't have an HC yet because Bienemy is still in the playoffs! That seems to be Watson's HC wish but he's already too 'disrespected' and has to start kicking and screaming to get out. NFL becomes like the NBA if he gets his way. He should be just as unemployable as O'Brien.

Remember this franchise during the days of the Vick mess and the Patrino mistake happened right on top of that, the Falcons were dangling by a thread, luckily there were no Deshaun Watsons around to totally detonate the whole thing. 

Character and mental toughness are required of a leader and Watson apparently has neither.

55 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

QB's shouldn't be telling owners who and who not to interview. Maybe I've got my facts wrong, but that's what I've read. IMO they got rid of the problem and are trying to make changes, which doesn't happen overnight. I think maybe he should have seen how things played out rather than going interview this person or that person. Why would I want to trade for a QB who thinks it's his place to tell me how to run the team? I get his frustration but if I'm a GM, that's a pretty big red flag. The Patriots have a history of taking disgruntled/problem players and having them step into line and buy in, wouldn't surprise me if BB makes a play for him.

11 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Wonder what the asking price would be. I’d consider a 4th and Fowler

J.J. Watt ‘Likely’ To Be Traded’ by Texans - Report

Are The Houston Texans Ready To Trade The Iconic J.J. Watt? A Report Now Says It Is ‘Likely’
MIKE FISHER
JAN 16, 2021

I could easily see them asking us for MORE to take Fowler off our hands so not sure if that is a plus! :lol:

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Talk about risk vs reward. Would be just the Falcons luck he ends up injured for the season 3 weeks in. 

By an errant javelin, of all things. I still think at least a handful of our franchise's misfortunes are tied to AB stealing the Blair Witch's newspaper some years ago. Can't prove it, but it would explain a lot.

1 hour ago, ryanblink said:

So why wasn't you screaming to get Barrett before his break out year when he signed with TB?