JJ Watt Likely To Be Traded:

FalconsIn2012

5 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Levitre was a huge trade for us in 2015 too. 

Yeah bro. Ship them coveted TATF tanker draft picks off for NFL as beaters that can play ball on day one. Not for NCAA rookie boys that will need 2-3 years to develop. If ever. Trading team eats the dead cap.

We need rest now. In the Ryan/Julio era. Arty's only got a three year contract. Fontenot needs to wheel and deal. That was my big question about him. Does he have the friends around the league to pull trades off?

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I don’t like the Packers much at all, but it’s be a cool place for him to land. Give him a legit chance at a SB if Rodgers stays there. It would be the guy who should’ve won MVP in 2014 teaming up with the guy who actually won the MVP that year. 

Yep. Watt had a modest house in Houston and has a mansion on 30+ acres in middle of no where in Wisconsin. GB would be perfect spot for him.

I could not pry my daughter away from the Texans. As much as I’ve tried. This week has torn her up.  Her high school yearbook superlative was Most Likely to be Mrs Watt. Not kidding.  At least she’s a Braves fan. 
Watson and Watt. McNair has a mess on his hands. And I am waiting to hear any real reason to skip EB for McCown.  

Saying for the record we have Never messed up anywhere as bad as the Texans. They are a disaster.  Our issues can be fixed. 

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah bro. Ship them coveted TATF tanker draft picks off for NFL as beaters that can play ball on day one. Not for NCAA rookie boys that will need 2-3 years to develop. If ever. Trading team eats the dead cap.

We need rest now. In the Ryan/Julio era. Arty's only got a three year contract. Fontenot needs to wheel and deal. That was my big question about him. Does he have the friends around the league to pull trades off?

I agree to an extent. A lot of really good veteran players can be bad for peanuts. Calais Campbell and Jurrell Casey were both traded recently for basically nothing. 

6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think the Falcons could sell him on a quick turn around.

Maybe give a 1 year deal to see? Like how Suh bet on the Bucs, but it took them longer because of their QB situation.

I would love to get a player like Watt. He is humble guy but calls out himself and players for crap. He apologized to Watson once when the defense blew up the game. Called out defensive players for not putting the work during the week. Can Dan Pees, Arthur Smith/ Blank and TF sell him the promise trophy? 

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I will drive them to Houston.. you coming? 

That Tunsil trade has legitimately destroyed the franchise for two or three years (including the most recent one). They've got huge holes, no draft picks, and a disgruntled QB. So, they need to burn it all down. This would be the first step.

By trading Watt and Watson, they could probably get back more than what they're out. At least that's a start, but they'd be smarter to beg Watson's forgiveness.

12 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think the Falcons could sell him on a quick turn around.

Maybe give a 1 year deal to see? Like how Suh bet on the Bucs, but it took them longer because of their QB situation.

1 year overpay might do it, but again, exhibit A, we're broke.

6 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

I could not pry my daughter away from the Texans. As much as I’ve tried. This week has torn her up.  Her high school yearbook superlative was Most Likely to be Mrs Watt. Not kidding.  At least she’s a Braves fan. 
Watson and Watt. McNair has a mess on his hands. And I am waiting to hear any real reason to skip EB for McCown.  

Saying for the record we have Never messed up anywhere as bad as the Texans. They are a disaster.  Our issues can be fixed. 

Bill O Brien destroyed the franchise. He could have traded Watt if Watt wasn’t untouchable. Insecure because guys like Hopkins and Watt had more influence in the locker room. 

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I would love to get a player like Watt. He is humble guy but calls out himself and players for crap. He apologized to Watson once when the defense blew up the game. Called out defensive players for not putting the work during the week. Can Dan Pees, Arthur Smith/ Blank and TF sell him the promise trophy? 

Better coaching will get the offense back on track to being good.

If the Falcons could get Watt as a FA could also get Fowler back on track. Go defense early in the draft and a instant resurgence is very possible.

14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I will drive them to Houston.. you coming? 

We could probably snap that mfo up with a third or fourth and get HOU to eat the dead money. 

I'll drive Fonty down there and bring him back home. Yeah he's had some injuries but still only 31.

As beater. Yall would love him way more than a third round NCAA rookie boy. Trust me.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Better coaching will get the offense back on track to being good.

If the Falcons could get Watt as a FA could also get Fowler back on track. Go defense early in the draft and a instant resurgence is very possible.

I don’t usually do bring him home threads.. but this is the one to bring home.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We could probably snap that mfo up with a third or fourth and get HOU to eat the dead money. 

I'll drive Fonty down there and bring him back home. Yeah he's had some injuries but still only 31.

As beater. Trust me.

Watt will likely be cut if there is no trade. Falcons hopefully can trade than bid for Watt in FA.

8 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

There's ways to do it.

But I'll leave that worry up to Fontenot and company.

Hmm, we could use a few more sacks!  
He’d make an impact. For a year. I don’t think he has long. But my girl would finally wear a Falcons jersey!  
who knows. Long offseason