JJ Watt Likely To Be Traded:

FalconsIn2012

He wants out. He has wanted out for a while. He owes the city and fans no explanation. His career  will end soon and he has stated he wants a shot at a championship. 

He is an amazing guy and my daughter would kill me if I say anything bad about him. But there is nothing bad about him. Just a hero. I hope he gets his shot. 

Glad you mentioned this bro. I would trade down a couple times and ship them picks off to teams trying to trade real assets. NFL as beaters like JJ Watt. Not necessarily for rookie boys.

Lest not forget the trading team eats the dead money. The one thing I thought Dimi did well was trading for vets. Buddy got TonyG for a second. Foxy for a seventh. Low cap hits. High production. Fontenot needs to make at least one of these type moves. League is ripe for it.

1 minute ago, Killing Floor said:

He wants out. He has wanted out for a while. He owes the city and fans no explanation. His career  will end soon and he has stated he wants a shot at a championship. 

He is an amazing guy and my daughter would kill me if I say anything bad about him. But there is nothing bad about him. Just a hero. I hope he gets his shot. 

I truly believe he would have become the defensive GOAT if not for injuries. Instead it looks like Donald is the one that will claim that title. 

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Doesn't Watt make around 20 mil a year?

He wants to win more than he wants the money. He’d take a cut in a second to make a deep run before he retires. And he’ll be fine. He’ll get paid well enough. And he’ll be rolling in media offers as long as he lives. Hurricane Harvey showed the world what kind of man he is. What franchise wouldn’t want him?

Just now, Killing Floor said:

Watt did a lot to the city of Houston, specially after Harvey. 

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Glad you mentioned this bro. I would trade down a couple times and ship them picks off to teams trying to trade real assets. NFL as beaters like JJ Watt. Not necessarily for rookie boys.

Lest not forget the trading team eats the dead money. The one thing I thought Dimi did well was trading for vets. Buddy got TonyG for a second. Foxy for a seventh. Fontenot needs to make at least one of these type moves.

Levitre was a huge trade for us in 2015 too. 

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

If Watt gets cut and still has some guaranteed money left from Texans, could the Falcons possibly sign him on a short cheaper deal?

at this point in his career hes ring chasing. We went 4-12 and just got a new HC, we don't have any sort of foundation to guarantee a deep playoff push in 2021

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

If Watt gets cut and still has some guaranteed money left from Texans, could the Falcons possibly sign him on a short cheaper deal?

I travel to Houston frequently, the word on sports radio is he wants to win championship and GB is often discussed. Not sure if Packers would sign him. Can the Falcons show they can win championship soon? 

5 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

How much cap does GB have? Watt better call up Rodgers first, because Rodgers definitely made it sure like his future with the Packers is uncertain. 

Well yeah. Again the GB talk on Houston Sports radio is mainly because Watt is from Wisconsin and his comments about being home some day. 

Just now, Romfal said:

at this point in his career hes ring chasing. We went 4-12 and just got a new HC, we don't have any sort of foundation to guarantee a deep playoff push in 2021

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I travel to Houston frequently, the word on sports radio is he wants to win championship and GB is often discussed. Not sure if Packers would sign him. Can the Falcons show they can win championship soon? 

I think the Falcons could sell him on a quick turn around.

Maybe give a 1 year deal to see? Like how Suh bet on the Bucs, but it took them longer because of their QB situation.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Well yeah. Again the GB talk on Houston Sports radio is mainly because Watt is from Wisconsin and his comments about being home some day. 

I don’t like the Packers much at all, but it’s be a cool place for him to land. Give him a legit chance at a SB if Rodgers stays there. It would be the guy who should’ve won MVP in 2014 teaming up with the guy who actually won the MVP that year. 

1 minute ago, Romfal said:

WTH is going on down there? Houston was thought to be about the same as the Falcons, lots of talent but under produced. They do the same thing the Falcons did, replace the GM and HC, both of whom the players supposedly hated but the players bail? Watson got his feelings hurt and the dam burst down there. Thank god for a stable guy like Ryan. Watson has just guaranteed a descent into the maelstrom for that franchise. 

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think the Falcons could sell him on a quick turn around.

Maybe give a 1 year deal to see? Like how Suh bet on the Bucs, but it took them longer because of their QB situation.

Watt might be my favorite defensive player of all time. I’d go crazy if we landed him. 

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He'd be close to home with the Bears. JJ and Kahlil Mack on the same defense would be something.