16 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Everyone bet against Brady no doubt.. My step son is a huge Goat fan so its nice to see him happy tonight.. I hope we have the same opportunity soon, but congrats to Brady and the Bucs.. Job well done 

This moment in time is simply a job well done by the entire Bucs organization. They brought in Arians, dumped Jameis and went for broke by grabbing the GOAT. One more game and that's all she wrote.

Would be only a tad ironic if Brady leads them to a SB in their own house for the first time that's ever been done. Things just seem to always go well for Brady, but the dude does a great job of staying in the flow. His legend is destined to only get more and more legendary. lol

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I’m admitting it. He’s the best ever. And most of you who know me know I’ve been a big Brady detractor his whole career.  But, I want to point something out here. I’ve had countless arguments

He threw 3 ints in the second half...he made more mistakes in that one half than Ryan made during the entire 2016 playoff run.

I'm not going to comment about Brady, but Tampa's defense won the games against the Saints and Packers.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

This moment in time is simply a job well done by the entire Bucs organization. They brought in Arians, dumped Jameis and went for broke by grabbing the GOAT. One more game and that's all she wrote.

Would be only a tad ironic if Brady leads them to a SB in their own house for the first time that's ever been done. Things just seem to always go well for Brady, but the dude does a great job of staying in the flow. His legend is destined to only get more and more legendary. lol

One thing I'll point out about this super bowl...this feels a lot like the Giants vs Patriots. Only this time, Brady is Eli and Mahomes is Brady. You have one team that is exceptional in all around phases. Best QB in the league, great offensive pieces, great coaching staff, good defense. Team got the #1 seed and pretty much coasted to the super bowl. On the other side, you have a team getting red hot at the right time. VERY good defense that's playing at their best at the right time, and a QB who is not playing as well as the other QB, but is good enough to get the job done and will likely get plenty of help from his streaking defense...the team with the hot defense and capable QB won both of those SB's....the Bucs might just pull it off.

Clearly Brady has the hardware and his preparation and in-game management are among the greatest ever, but there is something about the guy that makes his opponents screw up at the worst possible moment.   

Mike Martz suddenly forgetting how to adjust his offense in SB 36, Carolina kicking it out of bounds after tying it in the 4th in SB 38, Reid and McNabb’s choke in the closing minutes of SB 39, Pete Carroll’s brain lock at the end of SB 49, you know the next one, and now LaFleur going completely against what got the Packers to the NFCCG at the biggest moment of the season. 

Brady is at the top of the heap, but his opponents helped to lift him up there. 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

One thing I'll point out about this super bowl...this feels a lot like the Giants vs Patriots. Only this time, Brady is Eli and Mahomes is Brady. You have one team that is exceptional in all around phases. Best QB in the league, great offensive pieces, great coaching staff, good defense. Team got the #1 seed and pretty much coasted to the super bowl. On the other side, you have a team getting red hot at the right time. VERY good defense that's playing at their best at the right time, and a QB who is not playing as well as the other QB, but is good enough to get the job done and will likely get plenty of help from his streaking defense...the team with the hot defense and capable QB won both of those SB's....the Bucs might just pull it off.

We actually had the Chiefs on the ropes ourselves, at least at one point. The Bucs have a legit shot to win this SB. But, Mahomes might have a little somethin' waitin' for'em though. lol

9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

If Evans has a helmet catch in the 4th quarter, I'm going to spit out my beer. No way my brain is going to process that without some sort of involuntary spasm.

Just now, Pacific_Falcon said:

I think I hate Rodgers more. That smirking, smug summabich drives me nuts. Something about him just makes me want to slap him with a waffle iron. I'm not joking.

Remember that little point-at-the-camera he did in that fateful 2017 NFC Championship Game? That he went on to get blown to smithereens in? 

I hate them both, but A-Rod didn't cheat us out of a ring.

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Biggest thing is has the Bucs secondary improved since that game. They made in game adjustments and won the second half of their first game but need to do it 4 quarters. I'm with you, this certainly has the making of an upset. I hope not for my money's sake but if the Bucs win, I won't be mad at all. Can't even tell there's a lack of playoff experience at the moment

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Yes it would.

Im pretty sure Brady is the only quarterback to beat Mahomes in the playoffs.  But he won’t have the benefit of Belichick this time.  BB always seems to confuse PM for the first half

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yes it would.

Im pretty sure Brady is the only quarterback to beat Mahomes in the playoffs.  But he won’t have the benefit of Belichick this time.  BB always seems to confuse PM for the first half

Should be an outstanding game. The Buc defense is extremely impressive if Brady can just continue to pull his weight. The media is not going to have to work very hard to generate hype for this one.

I personally believe Peyton is the GOAT of QB play. I believe Brady is the GOAT for the simple fact of having most accolades; team & individual combined. It can have distinctions.

Esi1SiMW4AEL0vl?format=jpg&name=900x900

Brady is the ultimate game manager style QB.

QBWINS is really...not real. But many won’t ever admit that.

Here is an article from a Steelers fan:

Great teams win in January and February or are there regularly. And, those teams already won a lot from Sep-Dec to get there and allows a shot at a SB.

Brady can be great at what he does and his team can be great as well; over crediting the QB for team success.

Brady and Bill B were a perfect match at the perfect time. Tom in Tampa is similar to what NE was most of Tom’s career: reliably good to great defense and able to manage enough to be in a position to win. I believe the first 3 SBs for Brady were off the leg of Adam V.

I only wish the Falcons would have played for the leg of Matt $$ Bryant to go up 11 with 3 mins or so (give or take NE using timeouts) and despite our terribly broken defense it would’ve been enough.

But...all time great teams that win it all have to be able to have all phases come together in crunch time.

Coaching + all 3 phases.

The QB that happens to have many years of team achievements will be given the benefit of the doubt without actual facts beyond the team win itself.

This is merely the function of casual observance.

For the Falcons to win SB51; with the way the team was constructed and performing to get to the SB (if you break it down) it was ALMOST as unlikely as blowing the 28-3 lead in the first place. That itself is a testament to how much the team overachieved. It was throwing games all season as an incomplete team with one way to win: just keep scoring and hope you have the lead when it strikes 0:00.

19 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes, I’m admitting it. He’s the best ever. And most of you who know me know I’ve been a big Brady detractor his whole career. 

But, I want to point something out here. I’ve had countless arguments and discussions with people over the years about how defense is more important than weapons for a QB. People have told me that Brady wins with no weapons and Peyton had tons of weapons and couldn’t pull through. Same argument applies to Ryan. Ryan’s been “blessed with weapons” and can’t win the big one is the narrative.

In this game we just watched, 

Brady was 13/22 for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 1st half

In the 2nd half, Brady went 7-14, for 78 yards, 1 touchdown, and 3 interceptions and his team still pulled it out. This is what having a respectable defense does. Brady was atrocious in the 2nd half with an 18 point lead. His defense (like many times in his career) completely won this game. Ryan had a 25 point lead in the SB, and only had 1 turnover (a fumble caused by a missed block from Freeman), and his team still lost. The difference is Ryan’s defense (like the majority of his career) has failed to do it’s job. 

But the narrative is, Brady is clutch and just wins and Ryan doesn’t deliver when it matters....but the reality is, if you ever build a team that’s too QB dependent and has a lousy defense, that QB will ALWAYS....ALWAYS fail in several situations where the team has to lean on him to carry it. Because that’s NOT how you win football games. 

I said at the start of this thread that Brady is the best ever. I’m admitting it. But he has definitely been in the best situations and best built teams I’ve ever seen. By far.

Just compiled a few of the defensive rankings from Brady led teams throughout his career. 

2017_____30th

2005_____23rd

2011______16th

2010______24th

2009______20th

2002______23rd

2013______20th

Now I'm not totally dismissing what you're saying regarding defense as a vital ingredient in their success. But no one will ever confuse the Pat's defenses for the "Steel Curtain" or "Monsters of the Midway".  And to infer that a Brady-less Patriots team, or anyone not named Brady could have the same, or virtually the same success is insulting. He is not the goat because of his defense. He is the goat because he is extraordinary. And extraordinary under the most pressure situations. You think Ryan would have 6 super bowl rings if you just swapped him out for Brady on all of those Patriot teams? No... And anyone who thinks so is deluding themselves. 

6 hours ago, ket222 said:

Dont forget mahomes outrageous contract which will allow less talent on his team in a few years. Brady never demanded big contracts bc he was more interested in winning. Are you listening ryan?

Yeah, if Ryan had a mega rich wife like Brady he could do that too