• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I’m admitting it. He’s the best ever. And most of you who know me know I’ve been a big Brady detractor his whole career.  But, I want to point something out here. I’ve had countless arguments

He threw 3 ints in the second half...he made more mistakes in that one half than Ryan made during the entire 2016 playoff run.

I'm not going to comment about Brady, but Tampa's defense won the games against the Saints and Packers.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

Cool...I just watched Tom Brady throw 3 ints and his defense not give up any points off of them.  However most of Tampa's points came after turnovers.

Defense won that game.  To be honest Brady looked like hot garbage for most of the game. 

Two more picks were dropped.  Brady played like total crap, but he actually had a defense to bail him out. I honestly don't see how people can willfully ignore this kind of stuff.  All they see is W's and have absolutely no ability to recognize how those W's happen.

That said, Brady is in the Superbowl. Ryan and Belichick are at home.

7 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes, I’m admitting it. He’s the best ever. And most of you who know me know I’ve been a big Brady detractor his whole career. 

But, I want to point something out here. I’ve had countless arguments and discussions with people over the years about how defense is more important than weapons for a QB. People have told me that Brady wins with no weapons and Peyton had tons of weapons and couldn’t pull through. Same argument applies to Ryan. Ryan’s been “blessed with weapons” and can’t win the big one is the narrative.

In this game we just watched, 

Brady was 13/22 for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 1st half

In the 2nd half, Brady went 7-14, for 78 yards, 1 touchdown, and 3 interceptions and his team still pulled it out. This is what having a respectable defense does. Brady was atrocious in the 2nd half with an 18 point lead. His defense (like many times in his career) completely won this game. Ryan had a 25 point lead in the SB, and only had 1 turnover (a fumble caused by a missed block from Freeman), and his team still lost. The difference is Ryan’s defense (like the majority of his career) has failed to do it’s job. 

But the narrative is, Brady is clutch and just wins and Ryan doesn’t deliver when it matters....but the reality is, if you ever build a team that’s too QB dependent and has a lousy defense, that QB will ALWAYS....ALWAYS fail in several situations where the team has to lean on him to carry it. Because that’s NOT how you win football games. 

I said at the start of this thread that Brady is the best ever. I’m admitting it. But he has definitely been in the best situations and best built teams I’ve ever seen. By far.

He did have a clutch drive to end the half and put points on the board when they needed it most, just saying a FG would have won us the SB if it wasn't for an unfortunate string of events

he is the Goat but he is also one lucky SOB

When you sacrafice your first born child to the white walkers you are bound to be good.

He is a great player there is zero doubt about that... however he once again got a favorable call in a crucial moment of a a playoff game.

It is crazy just how different his legacy would be if a handful of penalty flags go a different direction.

Not even saying that the flags were wrong but the timing of alot of the flags are/were pretty amazing.

From the tuck rule to the Patriots not being called for a single hold again one of the fastest defenses In the nfl in 90 snaps, to the "roughing the passer" penalty and the offsides on the chiefs...and mutiple others over his 20 year career.

I agree that Brady is the GOAT. But to say he's the GOAT because of luck or because of the defense is being disingenuous.

Players joining the team because of Brady is not luck.

Players listening to him as if he's the head coach is not luck.

The same defense was together last season and they didn't make the playoffs. He came and in his first season with the team they go to the SB.

In the big games some one has to step up. It can be the defense or offense or individual players making big plays. That's how it always is. But the team has to believe in one another. That's not luck.

Leadership is very important.

7 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes, I’m admitting it. He’s the best ever. And most of you who know me know I’ve been a big Brady detractor his whole career. 

But, I want to point something out here. I’ve had countless arguments and discussions with people over the years about how defense is more important than weapons for a QB. People have told me that Brady wins with no weapons and Peyton had tons of weapons and couldn’t pull through. Same argument applies to Ryan. Ryan’s been “blessed with weapons” and can’t win the big one is the narrative.

In the 2nd half, Brady went 7-14, for 78 yards, 1 touchdown, and 3 interceptions and his team still pulled it out. This is what having a respectable defense does. Brady was atrocious in the 2nd half with an 18 point lead. His defense (like many times in his career) completely won this game. Ryan had a 25 point lead in the SB, and only had 1 turnover (a fumble caused by a missed block from Freeman), and his team still lost. The difference is Ryan’s defense (like the majority of his career) has failed to do it’s job. 

But the narrative is, Brady is clutch and just wins and Ryan doesn’t deliver when it matters....but the reality is, if you ever build a team that’s too QB dependent and has a lousy defense, that QB will ALWAYS....ALWAYS fail in several situations where the team has to lean on him to carry it. Because that’s NOT how you win football games. 

I said at the start of this thread that Brady is the best ever. I’m admitting it. But he has definitely been in the best situations and best built teams I’ve ever seen. By far.

HIs D Line was GOAT tonight. They won inspite of Tom Bradys many mistakes.

3 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

As if there was any question. Like, who you gonna put up against him?

This right here^^^^

19 full seasons as starter (not counting 2008)

14 conference championship game appearances 

10 Super Bowl appearances 

6 Super Bowl championships (with a possible 7th coming)

3 out of every 4 years he’s in a conference championship game. 

Every other year he’s in a Super Bowl.

My god is it even a debate?

So before the season, how many people other than myself believed Tom would lead Tampa Bay to success? Don't lie. I know 2 people off the top of my head that did

Peeps can talk about the mistakes all they want, the only thing that matters in sports is how you finish. 

It's funny though. Every single season this board puts the Falcons in the Super Bowl while saying this QB and that QB is done then that QB leads their respective team to the playoffs while the Falcons suffer. Could you guys please continue to say Matt Ryan is done so the Falcons can see some of that success again.

5 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Brady is probably the luckiest and most consistent player of all time. 

But when you watch Mahomes play his talent is on another level, if Mahomes wins this year and another few Superbowls he could easily be gunning for Brady's mantle.

If Mahomes does this for another 10 years at this pace then we’ll talk. But for now, he is the best QB currently and Brady is the GOAT and there’s not a close second. 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

So before the season, how many people other than myself believed Tom would lead Tampa Bay to success? Don't lie. I know 2 people off the top of my head that did

Peeps can talk about the mistakes all they want, the only thing that matters in sports is how you finish. 

It's funny though. Every single season this board puts the Falcons in the Super Bowl while saying this QB and that QB is done then that QB leads their respective team to the playoffs while the Falcons suffer. Could you guys please continue to say Matt Ryan is done so the Falcons can see some of that success again.

I for sure didn’t believe it was going to happen at all. We talked about it. I was dead wrong and it’s why I made this thread. However, my points in the the OP is why I’ve always somewhat doubted Brady. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I for sure didn’t believe it was going to happen at all. We talked about it. I was dead wrong and it’s why I made this thread. However, my points in the the OP is why I’ve always somewhat doubted Brady. 

Everyone has gotta give credit where it's due. He can have the best defense in the world but that offense still has to score points and he has done it without the usual household names outside of Moss. 

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Everyone has gotta give credit where it's due. He can have the best defense in the world but that offense still has to score points and he has done it without the usual household names outside of Moss. 

It took me a VERY long time to give him that kind of credit. Lol. 

24 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It took me a VERY long time to give him that kind of credit. Lol. 

I gave it to him after the Pats won their 6th. Getting the Bucs back in the Super Bowl, in his first season in Tampa, as a wildcard team (which I actually wanted a wildcard team to win it, but it was the Rams), in their home stadium (an NFL first), after a season of throwing 40 TDs and 4000 yards, is just icing on the cake. 

Losing the Super Bowl (which come on, the Bucs gotta win it when it's being played in their home stadium) wouldn't even damage his legacy for me. There will never be another Brady...a 6th round draft pick who has more playoff appearances, wins and championships than most franchises have in their entire history.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

7 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

HIs D Line was GOAT tonight. They won inspite of Tom Bradys many mistakes.

I don't know how many times I have said if Ryan had at least an average defense half his years here we would have at least 1 Lombardi. Despite the turnover of OC's, he's always put in the work to be a top 10 QB. Not to say he hasn't made mistakes, but he's deserved better. Maybe if the new regime can retool some parts of the roster and coach worth a dam he can go out on top like he deserves.

5 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

I gave it to him after the Pats won their 6th. Getting the Bucs back in the Super Bowl, in his first season in Tampa, as a wildcard team (which I actually wanted a wildcard team to win it, but it was the Rams), in their home stadium (an NFL first), after a season of throwing 40 TDs and 4000 yards, is just icing on the cake. 

Losing the Super Bowl (which come on, the Bucs gotta win it when it's being played in their home stadium) wouldn't even damage his legacy for me. There will never be another Brady...a 6th round draft pick who has more playoff appearances, wins and championships than most franchises have in their entire history.

I agree...although never say never. Mahomes is off to a pretty amazing start. He's already CLEARLY more talented than Brady ever was. But it's a tall order on matching the success.

15 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Sigh, I finally have to agree with you. Now I must go throw up.