• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I’m admitting it. He’s the best ever. And most of you who know me know I’ve been a big Brady detractor his whole career.  But, I want to point something out here. I’ve had countless arguments

He threw 3 ints in the second half...he made more mistakes in that one half than Ryan made during the entire 2016 playoff run.

I'm not going to comment about Brady, but Tampa's defense won the games against the Saints and Packers.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

He threw 3 ints in the second half...he made more mistakes in that one half than Ryan made during the entire 2016 playoff run.

Look, I’m a Falcons fan. Have been since 1972. I cheer when they are winning and I cheer when they are losing. And even though I wish we were playing today I have to split with you on this.  Ryan is not Tom Brady and Ryan is not 1 play or 1 player or 1 scheme from Brady.  It’s not that Brady threw a pick or 2 or 3, and honestly 1 was a missed catch and the 3rd was on a hit. It’s not that Brady is perfect, he’s not. But that Brady knows how to get ahead and stay ahead. He knows exactly what he has to do, where to move, what’s on the clock, etc.  He makes that 1 critical game winning 1st down every week. And I am jealous. And impressed. 
And Matt Ryan isn’t in 2016 anymore. 

11 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Exactly, everyone over at the house tonight is saying this is Bradys last superbowl.. I dont see it that way, guy still knows how to win at the highest level.. We've not seen the last of Brady.. Cant wait to hear Sharpe explain this one tomorrow 

I’m tired of him too!  But he’s coming back and will be in the playoffs next year 100%. 

50 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes, I’m admitting it. He’s the best ever. And most of you who know me know I’ve been a big Brady detractor his whole career. 

But, I want to point something out here. I’ve had countless arguments and discussions with people over the years about how defense is more important than weapons for a QB. People have told me that Brady wins with no weapons and Peyton had tons of weapons and couldn’t pull through. Same argument applies to Ryan. Ryan’s been “blessed with weapons” and can’t win the big one is the narrative.

In this game we just watched, 

Brady was 13/22 for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 1st half

In the 2nd half, Brady went 7-14, for 78 yards, 1 touchdown, and 3 interceptions and his team still pulled it out. This is what having a respectable defense does. Brady was atrocious in the 2nd half with an 18 point lead. His defense (like many times in his career) completely won this game. Ryan had a 25 point lead in the SB, and only had 1 turnover (a fumble caused by a missed block from Freeman), and his team still lost. The difference is Ryan’s defense (like the majority of his career) has failed to do it’s job. 

But the narrative is, Brady is clutch and just wins and Ryan doesn’t deliver when it matters....but the reality is, if you ever build a team that’s too QB dependent and has a lousy defense, that QB will ALWAYS....ALWAYS fail in several situations where the team has to lean on him to carry it. Because that’s NOT how you win football games. 

I said at the start of this thread that Brady is the best ever. I’m admitting it. But he has definitely been in the best situations and best built teams I’ve ever seen. By far.

I agree bro, as i said before you want the team to carry the qb not the other way around. Build the foundation. There is so much talent on thats bucs team.

12 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Great post, I will add that only NFCG win for  Rodgers was his defense scoring a TD and bailing him out. Rodgers lost every NFCG when his defense gave up more than 14 points.  

Yep. I’ve always argued that I thought Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees were all more talented than Brady. And I still do believe they are. But what makes Brady greater than all of them is the mental game. He has a drive and dedication that is on the level of Michael Jordan. He refuses to lose. He’s angry and holds everyone accountable. And his ability to keep this going at 43 is remarkable. I’ll give him the GOAT award for these reasons. 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yep. I’ve always argued that I thought Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees were all more talented than Brady. And I still do believe they are. But what makes Brady greater than all of them is the mental game. He has a drive and dedication that is on the level of Michael Jordan. He refuses to lose. He’s angry and holds everyone accountable. And his ability to keep this going at 43 is remarkable. I’ll give him the GOAT award for these reasons. 

Yep. I agree with his grit. 

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I agree bro, as i said before you want the team to carry the qb not the other way around. Build the foundation. There is so much talent on thats bucs team.

And that’s why I have always hated Brady. It was never him. It was the fans and idiots who said HE carried HIS team. Brady has been carried just as much as he’s carried any team. And I hated him for years because everyone IMO gave him too much credit. But I have to acknowledge how spectacular he really is at 43 and doing this on a new team. He’s the best ever. 

59 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes, I’m admitting it. He’s the best ever. And most of you who know me know I’ve been a big Brady detractor his whole career. 

But, I want to point something out here. I’ve had countless arguments and discussions with people over the years about how defense is more important than weapons for a QB. People have told me that Brady wins with no weapons and Peyton had tons of weapons and couldn’t pull through. Same argument applies to Ryan. Ryan’s been “blessed with weapons” and can’t win the big one is the narrative.

In this game we just watched, 

Brady was 13/22 for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 1st half

In the 2nd half, Brady went 7-14, for 78 yards, 1 touchdown, and 3 interceptions and his team still pulled it out. This is what having a respectable defense does. Brady was atrocious in the 2nd half with an 18 point lead. His defense (like many times in his career) completely won this game. Ryan had a 25 point lead in the SB, and only had 1 turnover (a fumble caused by a missed block from Freeman), and his team still lost. The difference is Ryan’s defense (like the majority of his career) has failed to do it’s job. 

But the narrative is, Brady is clutch and just wins and Ryan doesn’t deliver when it matters....but the reality is, if you ever build a team that’s too QB dependent and has a lousy defense, that QB will ALWAYS....ALWAYS fail in several situations where the team has to lean on him to carry it. Because that’s NOT how you win football games. 

I said at the start of this thread that Brady is the best ever. I’m admitting it. But he has definitely been in the best situations and best built teams I’ve ever seen. By far.

I guess you didn't see tom brady make smart decisions and not risk getting out of field goal range. Put any one else as Tampa's qb this year and they wouldn't take them to the super bowl. This is just another excuse for Matt Ryan while matt himself is sitting at home watching a 43 year old do his job better than him.

Also how about the decision to go for a touchdown with 8 seconds left before the half. You think Matt Ryan would do that?  Nope

Edited by ryanblink
4 minutes ago, ryanblink said:

I guess you didn't see tom brady make smart decisions and not risk getting out of field goal range. Put any one else as Tampa's qb this year and they wouldn't take them to the super bowl. This is just another excuse for Matt Ryan while matt himself is sitting at home watching a 43 year old do his job better than him.

Also how about the decision to go for a touchdown with 8 seconds left before the half. You think Matt Ryan would do that?  Nope

That was a gift to the Bucs with inexcusably poor coverage

5 minutes ago, ryanblink said:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

And that is why Brady went there...and the media will say the Bucs were nothing but scrubs before he got there.

Bucs lost to falcons year before ..... Weren't they 6 and 10 ? And had a higher draft pick and get the best lineman in the draft?

6 minutes ago, ryanblink said:

Yea...my mod role is really preventing me from saying something much meaner here...

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea...my mod role is really preventing me from saying something much meaner here...

I appreciate that but the fact is 43 year old tom brady took the bucs to the super bowl, matt ryan has had 3 straight years of garbage with a 4 and 12 record