• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I’m admitting it. He’s the best ever. And most of you who know me know I’ve been a big Brady detractor his whole career.  But, I want to point something out here. I’ve had countless arguments

He threw 3 ints in the second half...he made more mistakes in that one half than Ryan made during the entire 2016 playoff run.

I'm not going to comment about Brady, but Tampa's defense won the games against the Saints and Packers.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes, I’m admitting it. He’s the best ever. And most of you who know me know I’ve been a big Brady detractor his whole career. 

But, I want to point something out here. I’ve had countless arguments and discussions with people over the years about how defense is more important than weapons for a QB. People have told me that Brady wins with no weapons and Peyton had tons of weapons and couldn’t pull through. Same argument applies to Ryan. Ryan’s been “blessed with weapons” and can’t win the big one is the narrative.

In this game we just watched, 

Brady was 13/22 for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 1st half

In the 2nd half, Brady went 7-14, for 78 yards, 1 touchdown, and 3 interceptions and his team still pulled it out. This is what having a respectable defense does. Brady was atrocious in the 2nd half with an 18 point lead. His defense (like many times in his career) completely won this game. Ryan had a 25 point lead in the SB, and only had 1 turnover (a fumble caused by a missed block from Freeman), and his team still lost. The difference is Ryan’s defense (like the majority of his career) has failed to do it’s job. 

But the narrative is, Brady is clutch and just wins and Ryan doesn’t deliver when it matters....but the reality is, if you ever build a team that’s too QB dependent and has a lousy defense, that QB will ALWAYS....ALWAYS fail in several situations where the team has to lean on him to carry it. Because that’s NOT how you win football games. 

I said at the start of this thread that Brady is the best ever. I’m admitting it. But he has definitely been in the best situations and best built teams I’ve ever seen. By far.

Man if you’re gonna have a Brady is the Goat thread please don’t mention Matt. This discussion could go so many ways far as “respectable defense” and “weapons for a qb). But at the end of the day Brady has scored when he had to in big games and playoffs. Matt had a respectable defense in 2012 and also had the ball 1st & goal and couldn’t get it in the end zone. 

So in the end, I’m just saying Matt and Brady shouldn’t ever be discussed together and that’s coming from someone who can’t stand Brady! 

Just now, treboyplay said:

Man if you’re gonna have a Brady is the Goat thread please don’t mention Matt. This discussion could go so many ways far as “respectable defense” and “weapons for a qb). But at the end of the day Brady has scored when he had to in big games and playoffs. Matt had a respectable defense in 2012 and also had the ball 1st & goal and couldn’t get it in the end zone. 

So in the end, I’m just saying Matt and Brady shouldn’t ever be discussed together and that’s coming from someone who can’t stand Brady! 

You’re missing my point. I’m not saying Ryan and Brady are in the same realm. Brady is the obvious better player. I’m not disputing that. But, they are closer than you think. One has been dealt much better hands than the other. Plain and simple.

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes, I’m admitting it. He’s the best ever. And most of you who know me know I’ve been a big Brady detractor his whole career. 

But, I want to point something out here. I’ve had countless arguments and discussions with people over the years about how defense is more important than weapons for a QB. People have told me that Brady wins with no weapons and Peyton had tons of weapons and couldn’t pull through. Same argument applies to Ryan. Ryan’s been “blessed with weapons” and can’t win the big one is the narrative.

In this game we just watched, 

Brady was 13/22 for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 1st half

In the 2nd half, Brady went 7-14, for 78 yards, 1 touchdown, and 3 interceptions and his team still pulled it out. This is what having a respectable defense does. Brady was atrocious in the 2nd half with an 18 point lead. His defense (like many times in his career) completely won this game. Ryan had a 25 point lead in the SB, and only had 1 turnover (a fumble caused by a missed block from Freeman), and his team still lost. The difference is Ryan’s defense (like the majority of his career) has failed to do it’s job. 

But the narrative is, Brady is clutch and just wins and Ryan doesn’t deliver when it matters....but the reality is, if you ever build a team that’s too QB dependent and has a lousy defense, that QB will ALWAYS....ALWAYS fail in several situations where the team has to lean on him to carry it. Because that’s NOT how you win football games. 

I said at the start of this thread that Brady is the best ever. I’m admitting it. But he has definitely been in the best situations and best built teams I’ve ever seen. By far.

LOL JD...that’s about as fine a ‘kicking and screaming’ admittance I’ve seen in quite awhile, my friend. 🤪

BTW, Rodgers threw for 300+/3TDs, but he also threw a costly int which contributed to them being in a big hole. If that were Ryan, the navel-gazers would be calling him a choker.

3 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

We’ve had one top 10 defense since Matt has been here I think? Brady had a top 10 defense the great majority of the years in NE. I have always thought if Matt was in NE with Belichick he’d have multiple SB

1 minute ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Let’s hope he doesn’t. Can’t think of a less deserving fan base than Tampa.  

I'm in two minds.  I'd love to see Brady win it and just eat pop corn and drink beer while watching the northeast just lose their ****.  But, Tampa js a ****hole and I would hate to see them get another Lombardi.  

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL JD...that’s as fine a ‘kicking and screaming’ admittance I’ve seen in awhile, my friend. 🤪

I admitted it. But just pointing out how there so many circumstances that determine wins in football. Can you recall a critical game that the falcons won where Ryan was on the sideline and somebody on defense intercepted it?

5 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

No kidding. Just cool under pressure. No point hating. He’s the GOAT. I don’t like losing to him or anyone else. But who else walks to the Bucs and goes to Super Bowl?  He just wins. He doesn’t make mistakes. No reason he can’t do it again next year. 

He threw 3 ints in the second half...he made more mistakes in that one half than Ryan made during the entire 2016 playoff run.