19 hours ago, Malachore said:

He attacks and generates pressure from different levels. If the pass rush isn't there then he tries to manufacture one.

I hope they find a spot for Neal because I think this is a good defense for him to play that hybrid role.

I love the concept of loading or mugging the line and causing chaos with the pre-snap reads. The most successful defenses make big use of that. DQ rarely if ever did. Raheem did a bit more of it when he took over the defense then the team and that's why the pressure % got better. It makes the QB hesitate and have to read post snap. QB's can read DQ's defenses from the huddle.

On 1/25/2021 at 3:56 PM, DonOfThemBirds said:

Speaking of Bama, what do you thing about DT Christian Barmore?

Where should he go in the early rounds of the draft and should he be a must get for Falcons under Pees?

I know I like Christian Barmore. It would probably take our early second.

15 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

I know I like Christian Barmore. It would probably take our early second.

I like him too, but wish he was more consistent prior to his last few games. There's a few good DT/DE prospects in a similar range as Barmore.

Hopefully, and very possible we land a good one.

They did preach building the trenches so it could happen. There's a decent FA or two from NO also that Fontenot could bring over.

On 1/25/2021 at 7:38 AM, Smiler11 said:

Looks taylor-made for Micah Parsons.

No, wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole. 

Trust, his character is too low for this organization of doing things the right way.

But Zaven Collins, that's the guy you can look towards.

On 1/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, *TMo* said:

I know there has been several threads about Coach Pees and I have heard a lot of things about him. One thing I have not heard is this: Does he attack or does bend/don't break?

I have heard 3-4, scheme to personnel, etc.... I just want to know if he'll blitz if need be to create pressure? Does he usually run 1 gap or 2 gap defensive line?  

Bend not Break between the 20s. Likes to dial up the heat, will bring 7 to the line and blitz 5. Which 5, who knows. Our coverage linebacks who can blitz will have a fields day.  Keanu will probably have some success as well. Grady will probably move to End and if Davidson can be what we expected him to be, we actually will be ok at Dline. I think we will either be trying to trade Fowler or move him to OLB. I think we have to draft a safety, NT (we need traffic stopper) and corner. 

1 hour ago, Fired Up said:

No, wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole. 

Trust, his character is too low for this organization of doing things the right way.

But Zaven Collins, that's the guy you can look towards.

I don't think we know anything about his character other than what we have read. I'll trust the FO will do their due diligence and then decide accordingly. Board members taking players off their imaginary boards due to character issues when in truth they know very little about these guys is laughable.

I like Zaven Collins. I don't think he's close to the player Parsons is but I like him.