Dean Pees

*TMo*

I know there has been several threads about Coach Pees and I have heard a lot of things about him. One thing I have not heard is this: Does he attack or does bend/don't break?

I have heard 3-4, scheme to personnel, etc.... I just want to know if he'll blitz if need be to create pressure? Does he usually run 1 gap or 2 gap defensive line?  

2 minutes ago, slider said:

Pees defense doesn't typically run a standard old school 3-4. He changes up which DT 2 gaps and sometimes he slides the line and penetrates across the board. Depends on down and distance...etc. 

I'm 65 years old and I'm dancing around my kitchen right now. Just the idea of him being that dynamic. 

Edited by *TMo*

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

He attacks and generates pressure from different levels. If the pass rush isn't there then he tries to manufacture one.

I hope they find a spot for Neal because I think this is a good defense for him to play that hybrid role.

I agree. I think Keanu Neal could seriously flourish in this defense. 

No more small defensive tackles and DEs playing DT like Cominsky and the likes. He’s had stout lineman everywhere he went. Grady will most likely be the exception. Welcome to big boy defense guys. Daquan Jones in a FA...hmmm

Also Font said in his press conference that he likes big mean guys so I look for a change across our Dline soon. I’d bet it would look night and day different in 2 years. 

4 hours ago, GleasonForever! said:

No more small defensive tackles and DEs playing DT like Cominsky and the likes. He’s had stout lineman everywhere he went. Grady will most likely be the exception. Welcome to big boy defense guys. Daquan Jones in a FA...hmmm

Also Font said in his press conference that he likes big mean guys so I look for a change across our Dline soon. I’d bet it would look night and day different in 2 years. 

I never understood Quinns motivation to move smaller guys inside.  Cominsky seems a prototypical DE.  

15 hours ago, *TMo* said:

I know there has been several threads about Coach Pees and I have heard a lot of things about him. One thing I have not heard is this: Does he attack or does bend/don't break?

I have heard 3-4, scheme to personnel, etc.... I just want to know if he'll blitz if need be to create pressure? Does he usually run 1 gap or 2 gap defensive line?  

As long as he doesn't play a , "Soft Zone" ala Quinn.  Buffalo played a soft zone last night,, and it cost them the game.  Mahomes picked them apart. I think  there are times for a soft zone, but not as your base.

3 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

As long as he doesn't play a , "Soft Zone" ala Quinn.  Buffalo played a soft zone last night,, and it cost them the game.  Mahomes picked them apart. I think  there are times for a soft zone, but not as your base.

Tbh we played a lot of zone vs KC this year. But according to TATF, it's pretty much always a "soft zone" if we're giving up lots of passing yards.

What coverage were the Bills playing the majority of yesterday's game?

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Tbh we played a lot of zone vs KC this year. But according to TATF, it's pretty much always a "soft zone" if we're giving up lots of passing yards.

What coverage were the Bills playing the majority of yesterday's game?

Soft zone, deep safeties. Announcers commented on it.