Could Matt be traded?

57 minutes ago, ryanblink said:

Yeah heaven forbid we play another game with out Matt Ryan.   I am sure he enjoyed watching the Bucs with a 43 year old Tom Brady go to the Super Bowl with a Bucs team that was basically worthless last year.  

STAY THE COURSE!  We need more 4-12 seasons with Matt Ryan. 

🤡

1 hour ago, Ians0280 said:

So far you said he said tua,watson,ryan and Stafford.keep striking a match and eventually you will get fire.

Or teams talk all the time without reaching an agreement. Idk, none of these things are far fetched to me, not sure why people are shocked someone would call about Ryan after what’s been said about his status here

59 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Fans of Matt Ryan would be happy. Gets to return to the area he played college ball, and play for the best HC in the NFL (maybe the best of all time). 

For Falcons fans, it would be bittersweet, at best. Maybe ATL could fleece New England (they did give up a 2nd rounder for Sanu.

We'd get to test that claim that has been made many times on TATF... "If Ryan and Brady swapped teams, Ryan would be just as good in New England."

Ryan would have to be YKW status every New England game 🙄

Not surprised teams are calling.  I’m completely against trading Ryan but I would like to hear someone explain how we could actually do so and field a competitive team.  The dead money is ridiculous.  Yeah, we were 4-12 but outside of a few games we were in all of them and I still think this isn’t anywhere near a complete rebuild.  

4 hours ago, ryanblink said:

Yeah heaven forbid we play another game with out Matt Ryan.   I am sure he enjoyed watching the Bucs with a 43 year old Tom Brady go to the Super Bowl with a Bucs team that was basically worthless last year.  

STAY THE COURSE!  We need more 4-12 seasons with Matt Ryan. 

This was a bad post. Try to post better.

I don't doubt they are taking calls, especially with all the bs that has been spread around by people, they are probably hoping the Falcons will be dumb and bite.  Unlike some here believe, a huge chunk of the league would jump at the chance to get him, even at his age. Matt takes care of himself and he's still got some years left. 

6 hours ago, FalconsGM said:

It's a 3-way decision between Arthur, Terry and Rich, it's not just Rich who decides. And then Arthur repeats in each interview "Working on Matt's strengths" and I personally believe more Arthur

I mean its all coach speak, Ryan is on the team, what do you expect him to say until he is not? "I don't like Matt Ryan"?

Matt Ryan will have a great season with  a HC that will build an offense around what he does best. Then these so called dedicated fans will say I knew he could do it all along. Fire away kids I'm too slow to try to run away <my chair doesn't roll that fast >.  I've believed in MR since we drafted him and I still  Believe .

I wouldn’t doubt that there are potential plans in place to move Ryan if things fall correctly . If the Falcons get one of their guys at QB , and the other team is unable to move up . This trade would be executed  post June 1st of course , because that’s the only way it makes sense for us. 

34 minutes ago, M@ck said:

I wouldn’t doubt that there are potential plans in place to move Ryan if things fall correctly . If the Falcons get one of their guys at QB , and the other team is unable to move up . This trade would be executed  post June 1st of course , because that’s the only way it makes sense for us. 

Why would June 1st mean anything if Ryan was traded?

June 1st only matters if Ryan is a June 1st cut.

13 hours ago, etherdome said:

Matt is also the straightest route to developing a QB that can take the team to the SB.

We should stick with Matt, draft Jamie Newman in the 4th or 5th and develop an obviously talented kid into the next starter.  In the meantime, we build a better team with draft picks.  

We are not worthy of the playoffs next season.  We aren't.  But we can come back in a big way the following season. 

when was the last time you seen a late wound qb have any success other than brady yea no thanks on that 

I don't care where you take your QB, as long as he's the guy.  Don't reach or shoehorn a guy into your system.  Gauge his skillset and if it aligns with your coaching practices and plan, then bring him in.  I think we get oddly myopic about players.  We focus on one guy and are determined that he is the perfect fit.  

I don't believe we'll trade Matt, but I'm not against it if we do. Whether it's his fault or not, he's been the QB for these two straight 7-9 and  4-12 seasons. We can coulda, woulda and shoulda until we turn blue in the face but the results are still the same. So if the FO feels Matt's not the guy anymore then I support it. Or if they feel like he's the guy that can get it done then they need to give him what he needs to succeed or we're wasting his time.

I'm tired of the excuses and I'm tired of losing.