On a percentage scale, where do you stand on these two scenarios?

It will be interesting to see if our new GM will determine if any player has number four pick value. If not, definitely trade down. Personally I am in the Zack Wilson camp hoping we don't pick at the first of the draft for the next lustrum. 

3 hours ago, Slumerican said:

I will absolutely assure everyone here now, we're not going to trade down.. So let's please put that to bed.. That being said, I hope we grab Fields.. And if hes available im almost certain we will.. So for the sake of wasting time about trading down, lets move on from that and hope Fields is available.. And if so, we can begin to plan around having him as our pick

And you are sure of this why?

I would absolutely prefer we trade down. Percentage-wise, that would be 100%. I would love to snag Ryan's successor but this team needs a ton of help and with a new offense and defense, we're going to need players who fit the schemes. And the more, the better. I don't see us making a deal anytime soon since the Fins are going to get all of the calls though. But I hope Fontenot and McKay are going to be available for calls when Miami (a) picks or (b) trades down because there's going to be no shortage of suitors for #4.

12 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Just am, ive looked at every scenario.. Cant make it make sense.. So yes, im going on record trading down isnt going to happen.. Will be happy to admit im wrong if it does, but so far they numbers just don't line up for us to trade down

32 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

18 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Just am, ive looked at every scenario.. Cant make it make sense.. So yes, im going on record trading down isnt going to happen.. Will be happy to admit im wrong if it does, but so far they numbers just don't line up for us to trade down

in other words, he's just guessing like the rest of us.

there are those of us who think NOT trading down is a big mistake. I will say I know it takes a trade partner, and that might not happen. I still say there will be one of the big 'name' guys there at our spot, and there will be a team willing to trade up to get him. We have too many holes to fill, to draft someone who is going to sit on the bench one or two years, when there are play makers that can be had with the pics we'd collect on the trade

and like you, if it doesn't happen, I'm a Falcon fan, and will pull for whomever we draft to be a good one, just like I always do, whether I like the pick or not

If we draft a QB at #4, it's a failure of imagination as much as anything.

So, I'm 99.99% bail out. That one out of 10,000 is that Matt suffers a freak injury going to the grocery store or something.

In that scenario, I'd rank Wilson first, Lance, second, and Fields as not on my first round board.

5 hours ago, Falconsailorman said:

1.Trade down 70 to 30 percent.

2.If stay at 4 between Fields and Wilson I would take Wilson. If different player Sewell or Slater would be hard to pass. Slater is multiposition player so he could solve quite a few problems on the off line. Icwant to go defense but is there a player worth it at 4? Parsons seems to be slipping.

This. Thanks for typing it out for me. 😁

The chances of our taking any QB in round one are low single digits, IMO. 

If a QB falls there, expect Detroit, Denver, New England or the Raiders to come calling. I don’t include Carolina, because we’d never trade a QB in division. 

Staying at 4 means it’s Sewell, if he’s there, probably, or, if they decide to deal Julio, a WR could be in play. Pitts might be a dark horse, though I doubt it. 

Otherwise, we trade back and we all know who the usual defensive suspects are as of today. Surtain, Parsons, Rousseau, Paye, Farley, or Barmore. 

Honestly, you could pick one at random right now and have an equal chance of one of them being good rather than a bust. I hate the defensive players in this draft overall. 

8 hours ago, Slumerican said:

I will absolutely assure everyone here now, we're not going to trade down.. So let's please put that to bed.. That being said, I hope we grab Fields.. And if hes available im almost certain we will.. So for the sake of wasting time about trading down, lets move on from that and hope Fields is available.. And if so, we can begin to plan around having him as our pick

Thank god you have insight to know what’s going to happen three months from now, something not even the actual GM knows yet.  God I can’t stand some of the pretentious people on here that think they can predict the future.  “We won’t do this”, “This player won’t be here at this pick”, “If this player is here at our pick we take him 100%”.  

6 minutes ago, Rings said:

Thank god you have insight to know what’s going to happen three months from now, something not even the actual GM knows yet.  God I can’t stand some of the pretentious people on here that think they can predict the future.  “We won’t do this”, “This player won’t be here at this pick”, “If this player is here at our pick we take him 100%”.  

Its called insight, it exists.. Probably not so much with millennials so much because they are glued to media devices.. But for the rest of the world, some things are obvious.. For the record, I don't do social media 

100% trade down no matter who's there. Due to the Troffism of our cap situation we need picks. I'd trade down. pick up a few and trade a couple of em for vets that know how to play NFL ball on day one. Remember when we traded a second for five years of TonyG ball? That kind of trade. Maybe two vet trades. Plenty teams want to unleash vets. Many TATFers even want to get rid of Ryan and Julio for picks. Calais Campbell got traded for a fifth last year folks. Hello McFly.

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

100% trade down no matter who's there. Due to the Troffism of our cap situation we need picks. I'd trade down. pick up a few and trade a couple of em for vets that know how to play NFL ball on day one. Remember when we traded a second for five years of TonyG ball? That kind of trade. Maybe two vet trades. Plenty teams want to unleash vets. Many TATFers even want to get rid of Ryan and Julio for picks. Calais Campbell got traded for a fifth last year folks. Hello McFly.

Indeed, 100% trade down. Will help with the cap situation and hopefully net a few players who will start. Also not against taking Trey Lance after a trade down if he falls to us.

100% it depends. I want a trade down, but only if the compensation is right and the board is right.

I.E., not interested in a trade down if a blue chip prospect is there and we would trade down to pick up and extra third.

as for the QBs...I don’t know.. both have qualities, areas where they are better than the other. That said I feel both are risky picks and don’t love the risk at 4 since we aren’t desperate for a QB. The pick either needs to be a can’t miss if we take a QB at 4 with the other more significant needs on the roster. If we take one fingers are crossed they are the next big thing!

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

With the cap situation how can we afford to trade picks for a couple of proven vets? Wouldn’t they all need to be cheap rookies to help manage the cap?

I'm no football guru by any stretch, but believe in playing favorable odds.  Keeping an open mind will be key, and having a plan that you stick to.  Trading down for a team needing materials makes the most sense.  However sticking around at 4 is also a winning proposition.   We cannot lose in this current situation.  We have some challenges, but our front office does not appear rattled.  

I want a QB because only way to afford a top QB is to lose out next season and I don’t want that to happen. All things considered I hope we get terrible draft position next time. 

But I’ll put the trust that the new staff will make good decisions. 

So I also think there will be shenanigans around Watson. This might change everything. Not that we try to take him. But that about a dozen teams want him so there will be disruptive trading in the QB position and draft that we weren’t talking about last week. 

9 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Percentages? I trust Fontenot 100% to make the best decision for our future

Not me....he’ll have to earn my trust. It’s hit or miss and no one knows right now . So I don’t trust him 100% but hope he’s 100% right.

4 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

So I also think there will be shenanigans around Watson. This might change everything. Not that we try to take him. But that about a dozen teams want him so there will be disruptive trading in the QB position and draft that we weren’t talking about last week. 

Maybe what happens is-

Texans trade Jets for Deshaun

Texans trade JJ for Matthew Stafford

Texans take Penei Sewell

Dolphins take Ja'Marr Chase

And the best 2 QB's not named Trevor Lawrence fall in our lap.