On a percentage scale, where do you stand on these two scenarios?

Simply put, on a percentage scale, between these two scenarios what would you choose:

Scenario 1: Trading down from #4 and getting as many good picks as possible or using that pick to draft Fields or Lawrence, where do you position yourself?

Scenario 2:  If you do choose to go QB at 4, using the same scale, would it be Fields or Wilson?

For me, I am probably 70% to 30% in favor of trading down for more picks. 

But if I did stay at #4 and drafted a QB I would probably be about 60% to 40% in favor of Wilson but with that being said I’m not completely sure why I feel that way between those two players. Just a gut feeling I guess. 

• marvinthemartian changed the title to On a percentage scale, where do you stand on these two scenarios?
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm always in play to trade down, collect picks and select BPA.  Its logical to me from a build a team way of thought. 80% trade down.  Doesn't phase me at all if we take a QB.  In Fontenot I tru

99% trade down. i leave that 1% there because if we don't trade down and draft with #4 i won't be too upset about it, just not my first choice.

in other words, he's just guessing like the rest of us.   there are those of us who think NOT trading down is a big mistake. I will say I know it takes a trade partner, and that might not ha

A few weeks back I was a “Give me a QB at 4 and nothing but!” guy.  Now after seeing how this staff is coming together, I’m open to either possibility.  I’d say I’m on the fence either way at this point.  Trade down get Surtain.  Stay out get Wilson or Fields.  Can’t lose either way.

I will absolutely assure everyone here now, we're not going to trade down.. So let's please put that to bed.. That being said, I hope we grab Fields.. And if hes available im almost certain we will.. So for the sake of wasting time about trading down, lets move on from that and hope Fields is available.. And if so, we can begin to plan around having him as our pick

1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

Simply put, on a percentage scale, between these two scenarios what would you choose:

Scenario 1: Trading down from #4 and getting as many good picks as possible or using that pick to draft Fields or Lawrence, where do you position yourself?

Scenario 2:  If you do choose to go QB at 4, using the same scale, would it be Fields or Wilson?

For me, I am probably 70% to 30% in favor of trading down for more picks. 

But if I did stay at #4 and drafted a QB I would probably be about 60% to 40% in favor of Wilson but with that being said I’m not completely sure why I feel that way between those two players. Just a gut feeling I guess. 

If I could eke out a high 2nd or maybe a no.1 next year, I would do that. Only, and I mean only if I could still get Trey Lance. Otherwise sticking at 4 and taking leftovers from Fields or Wilson. 

70% trade down if it nets at least one additional 2nd round pick this year and a future 1st (obviously it already includes the swapped 1sy picks this year). 90% trade down if it includes multiple 1st and 2nd round picks. 

As for Fields vs Wilson, it's 50-50. Wilson looks like the better QB right now, but imo Fields has proven leadership and toughness and done it on a bigger stage. 

2 minutes ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

70% trade down ,but with Stafford ,Watson ect looking for new teams i think there won't be as many teams needing to have to trade up together a qb. I was hoping to trade down with Denver,San Francisco ,New England or even Indianapolis at the furthest.

The Texans & Lions will both be looking for their next QBs as well if they successfully trade away their current starters. So the number of teams we’d have as potential trade partners shouldn’t really change. Heck, if Watson does go to the Jets, that actually opens up more possibilities for us.