Mathew Stafford to be Traded per Tom Pelisaro

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would trade Ryan for Stafford straight up and I like Ryan. Stafford just has the better arm IMO

That puts the Lions as one of the teams possibly trading up for a QB

Why are people so obsessed with arm strength like it's the only thing that matters? Some of the guys with the strongest arms I've ever seen in my life were also some of the sorriest QBs I've ever seen

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

Yeah, the criteria for “deep” in that analysis is more than 20 yards. I’m sorry, 25 or even 35 yards is not a “deep” ball imo. Matt is actually very strong in that medium long 20-30 yard range. I would say it’s his biggest strength throwing wise.

Where he struggles is the “air it out” take the top off the defense throws that keep the safeties on their heels and keep you from ending up with 8 in the box, thus impacting your running game.

The passes you're speaking of happen maybe a few times a game.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/2019-20-deep-ball-project

Another source with Ryan top 5 in deep passes

35 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I missed your comebacks! How have you been? Reminds me of when you verbally hazed me when i was brand new haha

😂 What's good. Everything has been everything. If I ever said anything to make you feel small, it means I like you. If I don't say anything to you at all, pretty much means you're dead to me

1 hour ago, Mr.11 said:

You should quit football for saying this. Brady's story is well documented. Anybody who actually knows something about NFL football knows that Brady had the worst combine ever for QBs. One of his reviews famously was "can't drive the ball downfield," and back then it was true.

You just like the other poster ise a combine report to back an assertion while I pointed to his sunday film...

2 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

Yeah, the criteria for “deep” in that analysis is more than 20 yards. I’m sorry, 25 or even 35 yards is not a “deep” ball imo. Matt is actually very strong in that medium long 20-30 yard range. I would say it’s his biggest strength throwing wise.

Where he struggles is the “air it out” take the top off the defense throws that keep the safeties on their heels and keep you from ending up with 8 in the box, thus impacting your running game.

LMAO, you’ve completely bought into another TAFT false narrative...you won’t find a better deep throw than this one. 

Truth-to-tell, Ryan has always excelled on the deep post when he’s has the pocket to step into his throws.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

😂 What's good. Everything has been everything. If I ever said anything to make you feel small, it means I like you. If I don't say anything to you at all, pretty much means you're dead to me

I know! I enjoy the back and forth.. i dont get offended by any banter. Makes life and this board quite interesting in these times of which qb are we taking at 4, worded slightly different lol

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

LMAO, you’ve completely bought into another TAFT false narrative...you won’t find a better deep throw than this one. 

Truth-to-tell, Ryan has always excelled on the deep post when he’s has the pocket to step into his throws.

that ball was close to 60 yards in the air, and right on target

but Matt's a noodle arm, didn't you know that?

:lol:

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The passes you're speaking of happen maybe a few times a game.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/2019-20-deep-ball-project

Another source with Ryan top 5 in deep passes

Bingo!!

But I give up. I'm tired of trying to teach football to people who refuse to watch Matt Ryan play and judge him objectivity. The lack of true football IQ on this message board is incredible.

3 hours ago, cblack said:

You just like the other poster ise a combine report to back an assertion while I pointed to his sunday film...

If you truly looked at his "Sunday film" you will see that early in his NFL career his arm strength was an issue. It wasn't until he started training with Tom House in the mid 2000s that his arm strength improved. There was a reason the Patriots PROTECTED Brady early in his career with a running game and a stout defense. Brady rarely threw more than 40 times per game early in his career cause Bill knew if he forced Brady to throw too much he would get exposed and the Patriots would lose. It wasn't until they got Randy Moss in 2007 that Brady became the guy he is today. Prior to that he was not any better than Matt Ryan.

• 2001 - 264/413 (63.9%), 2843 YDS (6.9), 18 TD, 12 INT, 86.5 QB Rating
  • 2002 - 373/601 (62.1%), 3764 YDS (6.3), 28 TD, 14 INT, 85.7 QB Rating
  • 2003 - 317/527 (60.2%), 3620 YDS (6.9), 23 TD, 12 INT, 85.9 QB Rating
  • 2004 - 288/474 (60.8%), 3692 YDS (7.8), 28 TD, 14 INT, 92.6 QB Rating
  • 2005 - 334/530 (63.0%), 4110 YDS (7.8), 26 TD, 14 INT, 92.3 QB Rating
  • 2006 - 319/516 (61.8%), 3529 YDS (6.8), 24 TD, 12 INT, 87.9 QB Rating

Seriously, it's right there in black and white. People have this image of who Tom Brady is when that is not who Tom Brady was early in his career.

It seems like there are a lot of teams that could be in search of a starting QB (Colts, Saints, Washington, San Fran, Broncos, Cowboys) so Stafford should have a hot market for a trade.  I just hope he doesn't go to NO.

Edited by autigerfan
Addition
24 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

It seems like there are a lot of teams that could be in search of a starting QB (Colts, Saints, Washington, San Fran, Broncos, Cowboys) so Stafford should have a hot market for a trade.  I just hope he doesn't go to NO.

You left out New England; Cam ain't the answer for Belichek.

Others that could be considering it are: Bears, Vikings, Panthers, Dolphins, Steelers, Texans, Raiders. Couple teams in here that wouldn't surprise me at all if they pursue Stafford or Watson.

19 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

If you truly looked at his "Sunday film" you will see that early in his NFL career his arm strength was an issue. It wasn't until he started training with Tom House in the mid 2000s that his arm strength improved. There was a reason the Patriots PROTECTED Brady early in his career with a running game and a stout defense. Brady rarely threw more than 40 times per game early in his career cause Bill knew if he forced Brady to throw too much he would get exposed and the Patriots would lose. It wasn't until they got Randy Moss in 2007 that Brady became the guy he is today. Prior to that he was not any better than Matt Ryan.

• 2001 - 264/413 (63.9%), 2843 YDS (6.9), 18 TD, 12 INT, 86.5 QB Rating
  • 2002 - 373/601 (62.1%), 3764 YDS (6.3), 28 TD, 14 INT, 85.7 QB Rating
  • 2003 - 317/527 (60.2%), 3620 YDS (6.9), 23 TD, 12 INT, 85.9 QB Rating
  • 2004 - 288/474 (60.8%), 3692 YDS (7.8), 28 TD, 14 INT, 92.6 QB Rating
  • 2005 - 334/530 (63.0%), 4110 YDS (7.8), 26 TD, 14 INT, 92.3 QB Rating
  • 2006 - 319/516 (61.8%), 3529 YDS (6.8), 24 TD, 12 INT, 87.9 QB Rating

Seriously, it's right there in black and white. People have this image of who Tom Brady is when that is not who Tom Brady was early in his career.

The  mental gymnastics you undertake to equate Ryan with Brady are ridiculous. Competent headcoaches protect their qbs from throwing 40 times a game! Not just Belicheck.lol... Hail Mahomes doesnt even throw that much. Putting a run game around your qb is what all decent head coaches do.....most certainly a hall of fame head coach. By this knowledge Mike Smith the head coach put a running game around Ryan when he got here with the "Burner" Turner, to "protect" him from throwing 40 times a game..lol.....you can find stats to justify just about anything, you proved that. Brady was top flight before Randy ever showed up, his production went out of the stratosphere when he arrived because prior to him he never really had a true number 1 receiver and promptly set scoring records with him.....as supposed to your goat qb who has played with the likes Julio, Gonzalez, White who was arguably the best receiver this franchise has had prior to Julio.....whatever sir I digress.

On 1/24/2021 at 10:52 AM, Vandy said:

Ryan always had problems with the OG and middle of the OL. He was under pressure on that throw but could step in to and sling it 60 yards down field.

5 hours ago, cblack said:

The  mental gymnastics you undertake to equate Ryan with Brady are ridiculous. Competent headcoaches protect their qbs from throwing 40 times a game! Not just Belicheck.lol... Hail Mahomes doesnt even throw that much. Putting a run game around your qb is what all decent head coaches do.....most certainly a hall of fame head coach. By this knowledge Mike Smith the head coach put a running game around Ryan when he got here with the "Burner" Turner, to "protect" him from throwing 40 times a game..lol.....you can find stats to justify just about anything, you proved that. Brady was top flight before Randy ever showed up, his production went out of the stratosphere when he arrived because prior to him he never really had a true number 1 receiver and promptly set scoring records with him.....as supposed to your goat qb who has played with the likes Julio, Gonzalez, White who was arguably the best receiver this franchise has had prior to Julio.....whatever sir I digress.

Excuse me for pointing out FACTS to you because you have a picture of Tom Brady in your head that does not compute with REALITY.