Mathew Stafford to be Traded per Tom Pelisaro

5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

He could make the Saints, 49ers, Colts, or Dolphins SB contenders 

Is that Sears catalog model QB in SF still under contract? I believe so, thought I remembered something about he is but cutting/trading wouldn't be expensive this next year because of the way his contract was structured. If so, if Detroit still thinks he has potential, that deal would make sense - Detroit would likely ask for some draft capital in return as well though.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would trade Ryan for Stafford straight up and I like Ryan. Stafford just has the better arm IMO

That puts the Lions as one of the teams possibly trading up for a QB

Why are people so obsessed with arm strength like it's the only thing that matters? Some of the guys with the strongest arms I've ever seen in my life were also some of the sorriest QBs I've ever seen

Posted Images

6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why are people so obsessed with arm strength like it's the only thing that matters? Some of the guys with the strongest arms I've ever seen in my life were also some of the sorriest QBs I've ever seen in my life. Remember Jeff George? He could throw it from the 20 to the 20 without effort but dude was a horrendous QB cause he had **** for brains. Give me brains over arm strength any day. Brady's never had the elite arm strength but all he's got is 6 Super Bowl rings.

Bradys arm strength has never been a question.... what is the definition of "elite" arm strength? Brady just has "it" and a **** good arm along with it. 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Decent?.....he was a 1,000 yard receiver. He was a better receiver than sanu. 

Bush gave lions as much or more than Ryan ever got from Steven Jackson/Todd Gurley. Ebron/Hockenson were more talented players than Austin Hooper was....

Ryan did wonders with 4th rounder freeman, Would love to see what he would do with a even more talented swift. 

What’s funny is since Stafford has been in the league his WRs have led the league in drops.

5 minutes ago, cblack said:

Bradys arm strength has never been a question.... what is the definition of "elite" arm strength? Brady just has "it" and a **** good arm along with it. 

LOL!!!! The reason he fell all the way to the 6th round was because scouts questioned his arm strength. Reads like a Matt Ryan scouting report according to the masses here that know more than all the homers.

https://www.patriots.com/news/tom-brady-draft-bio-111106

Fact.png

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

LOL!!!! The reason he fell all the way to the 6th round was because scouts questioned his arm strength. Reads like a Matt Ryan scouting report according to the masses here that know more than all the homers.

https://www.patriots.com/news/tom-brady-draft-bio-111106

Fact.png

Not speaking on a dang scouting report...lol I'm talking about what you see on sundays, what you see when he makes receivers house hold names whom you had never heard of before him, speaking of having arguably the best deep threat the game has seen for a couple of years and set records with him. Stats aside look at his play, does his ball seem to flutter....no. Does he have receivers who are open down field have to slow up and wait for the ball like a punt.....no.

2 minutes ago, cblack said:

Not speaking on a dang scouting report...lol I'm talking about what you see on sundays, what you see when he makes receivers house hold names whom you had never heard of before him, speaking of having arguably the best deep threat the game has seen for a couple of years and set records with him. Stats aside look at his play, does his ball seem to flutter....no. Does he have receivers who are open down field have to slow up and wait for the ball like a punt.....no.

What do you think they based this scouting report on? I posted something that was black and white supportive of what I said and of course you dismiss it out of hand with a bunch of ********.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

What do you think they based this scouting report on? I posted something that was black and white supportive of what I said and of course you dismiss it out of hand with a bunch of ********.

Are you asking me if I'm I dismissing a COLLEGE scouting report in lieu of a decade or more of NFL film???lol

22 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

What’s funny is since Stafford has been in the league his WRs have led the league in drops.

Dropped passes according to PFR.

Falcons

• 2018 - 37
  • 2019 - 17
  • 2020 - 33
  • TOTAL - 87

Lions

• 2018 - 30
  • 2019 - 20
  • 2020 - 36
  • TOTAL - 86

Their data only goes back to 2018 and I can't find any other team data. Something like dropped passes is very subjective though.

1 minute ago, cblack said:

Are you asking me if I'm I dismissing a COLLEGE scouting report in lieu of a decade or more of NFL film???lol

You said no one had ever questioned Tom Brady's arm strength. I posted something that was black and white proof that Tom Brady's arm strength was considered a major issue for him coming out of college which is why he wasn't drafted until the 6th round. Brady's arm strength got better after he got into the NFL.

13 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why are people so obsessed with arm strength like it's the only thing that matters? Some of the guys with the strongest arms I've ever seen in my life were also some of the sorriest QBs I've ever seen in my life. Remember Jeff George? He could throw it from the 20 to the 20 without effort but dude was a horrendous QB cause he had **** for brains. Give me brains over arm strength any day. Brady's never had the elite arm strength but all he's got is 6 Super Bowl rings.

Because at this point in a QB’s career it matters. Of course I remember Jeff George. He was an idiot. For every Jeff George, I can name you a Rogers, Marino, Elway, etc.

Brady has PLENTY of arm strength. And he throws one of the prettiest deep balls I’ve ever seen. It’s one step and launch, 50-55 yards. He’s not taking 2 steps and winding up like Matt does to throw that distance. The last time I saw Matt throw a Consistent decent deep ball was 2016. And ironically that was when he trained with the group in Cali that Brady trains with.

Fair is fair. Matt has a ton of strengths, but taking the top off a defense is NOT one of them.

1 hour ago, since68andcounting said:

Because at this point in a QB’s career it matters. Of course I remember Jeff George. He was an idiot. For every Jeff George, I can name you a Rogers, Marino, Elway, etc.

Brady has PLENTY of arm strength. And he throws one of the prettiest deep balls I’ve ever seen. It’s one step and launch, 50-55 yards. He’s not taking 2 steps and winding up like Matt does to throw that distance. The last time I saw Matt throw a consistent decent deep ball was 2016. And ironically that was when he trained with the group in Cali that Brady trains with.

Fair is fair. Matt has a ton of strengths, but taking the top off a defense is NOT one of them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/21/atlanta-falcons-matt-ryan-named-one-of-nfls-top-10-deep-passers/amp/

<cough cough> You might want to invest in a pair of glasses. And FYI, he still trains with Tom House’s group 3DQB in California.

9 hours ago, cblack said:

You should quit football for saying this. Brady's story is well documented. Anybody who actually knows something about NFL football knows that Brady had the worst combine ever for QBs. One of his reviews famously was "can't drive the ball downfield," and back then it was true.

11 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Well, Stafford with his arm does throw a hard ball. But I doubt he’s had that many more dropped passes over the years than Ryan’s receivers have had. What year was it Ovie, 2017 maybe, when falcon receivers had an inordinate number of drops?

Anyway, I wasn’t dissing Stafford, I think in many ways his career parallels Ryan’s burdened with bad coaching and bad defenses for most of both’s careers. My push back was toward a poster suggesting Stafford lacked ‘weapons’ in Detroit while Ryan had plenty here, not that Stafford wasn’t a good QB. 

9 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

Why would they trade wih us?

Why not just offer something to the Jets or Dolphins instead? If you are offering as much as you all are saying they might as well trade for a top 3 pick. 

The comparative cost difference between 3rd and 4th pick is a 1st or 2nd rounder. Huge drop in value from 3rd to 4th.

48 minutes ago, Vandy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/21/atlanta-falcons-matt-ryan-named-one-of-nfls-top-10-deep-passers/amp/

<cough cough> You might want to invest in a pair of glasses. And FYI, he still trains with Tom House’s group 3DQB in California.

Yeah, the criteria for “deep” in that analysis is more than 20 yards. I’m sorry, 25 or even 35 yards is not a “deep” ball imo. Matt is actually very strong in that medium long 20-30 yard range. I would say it’s his biggest strength throwing wise.

Where he struggles is the “air it out” take the top off the defense throws that keep the safeties on their heels and keep you from ending up with 8 in the box, thus impacting your running game.

14 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Stafford would be a solid improvement over Hill or Winston. Just as soon see him go to the Colts or somebody else instead.

I dunno? He's a very different QB than SP has ever had success with in the NFL. His skill set makes him the "anti-Brees." He's not a 70% completion guy and he will take more deep shots given identical play calls. I'd love to see them try to squeeze his salary demands into their $100m salary cap deficit for next year. If they pay him what he is worth, with their cap situation it may look a lot like Stafford trying to win in Detroit. Saints can have him. I'm down. I just want to make sure Detroit moves up to 4 and gives us the Saints draft picks they get in the deal.