Jump to content

Mathew Stafford to be Traded per Tom Pelisaro


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would trade Ryan for Stafford straight up and I like Ryan. Stafford just has the better arm IMO

That puts the Lions as one of the teams possibly trading up for a QB

Why are people so obsessed with arm strength like it's the only thing that matters? Some of the guys with the strongest arms I've ever seen in my life were also some of the sorriest QBs I've ever seen

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why are people so obsessed with arm strength like it's the only thing that matters? Some of the guys with the strongest arms I've ever seen in my life were also some of the sorriest QBs I've ever seen in my life. Remember Jeff George? He could throw it from the 20 to the 20 without effort but dude was a horrendous QB cause he had **** for brains. Give me brains over arm strength any day. Brady's never had the elite arm strength but all he's got is 6 Super Bowl rings.

Exactly right. Jeff George was who I was thinking about when I read your post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Matthew Stafford is not and never has been more accurate than Matt Ryan.

Sorry I missed this post.

I never said that but if you look at the stats their career completion percentage are only 2-3% percent apart. Stafford always had subpar talent around him with the exception of CJ. While Ryan has always had a very good receiving corp. Anyway it's just my opinion as stated in the original post that Stafford has better arm talent than Ryan.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freakyfalcon said:

Sorry I missed this post.

I never said that but if you look at the stats their career completion percentage are only 2-3% percent apart. Stafford always had subpar talent around him with the exception of CJ. While Ryan has always had a very good receiving corp. Anyway it's just my opinion as stated in the original post that Stafford has better arm talent than Ryan.  

Say what? Stanford had plenty of talent to work with. Johnson, a hall-of-famer was there for first 6-7 years Stafford’s career. He and Golden Tate were perhaps the best WR duo in league for a few years. 
 

TEs hockenson and Ebron were high 1st round draft picks. Multi-purpose RBs Reggie bush and D Swift were/are very talented receiving options. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Say what? Stanford had plenty of talent to work with. Johnson is a hall-of-famer was there for first 6-7 years Stafford’s career. He and Golden Tate were perhaps the best WR duo in league for a few years. 
 

TEs hockenson and Ebron were high 1st round draft picks. Multi-purpose RBs Reggie bush and D Swift were/are very talented receiving options. 

Don't forget Marvin Jones too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yeah, arm strength is most important factor in being a great QB....just ask Ryan leaf, jay cutter, and jeff George.

 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Say what? Stanford had plenty of talent to work with. Johnson is a hall-of-famer was there for first 6-7 years Stafford’s career. He and Golden Tate were perhaps the best WR duo in league for a few years. 
 

TEs hockenson and Ebron were high 1st round draft picks. Multi-purpose RBs Reggie bush and D Swift were/are very talented receiving options. 

Golden Tate was decent. Ebron was first round talent but you can't tell me he was a good TE.  Bush was a disappointment from the start and he joined them at the tail end of his career.  Swift was a rookie last year but very talented. We won't see that combo come into fruition now

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, freakyfalcon said:

Sorry I missed this post.

I never said that but if you look at the stats their career completion percentage are only 2-3% percent apart. Stafford always had subpar talent around him with the exception of CJ. While Ryan has always had a very good receiving corp. Anyway it's just my opinion as stated in the original post that Stafford has better arm talent than Ryan.  

You realize that completion percentage doesn't tell the whole tale about QB accuracy. You're a smart poster. Stats are posted all the time about number or percentage of off target passes or things like most interceptable passes. Ryan is always among the best whenever I see one of those stats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, freakyfalcon said:

 

Golden Tate was decent. Ebron was first round talent but you can't tell me he was a good TE.  Bush was a disappointment from the start and he joined them at the tail end of his career.  Swift was a rookie last year but very talented. We won't see that combo come into fruition now

Decent?.....he was a 1,000 yard receiver. He was a better receiver than sanu. 
 

Bush gave lions as much or more than Ryan ever got from Steven Jackson/Todd Gurley. Ebron/Hockenson were more talented players than Austin Hooper was....

Ryan did wonders with 4th rounder freeman, Would love to see what he would do with a even more talented swift. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Decent?.....he was a 1,000 yard receiver. He was a better receiver than sanu. 
 

Bush gave lions as much or more than Ryan ever got from Steven Jackson/Todd Gurley. Ebron/Hockenson were more talented players than Austin Hooper was....

Ryan did wonders with 4th rounder freeman, Would love to see what he would do with a even more talented swift. 
 

Yes Tate was a decent WR which is good. Sanu was serviceable for the Falcons

Ebron\Austin are debatable 

I think Gurley issue was a combination of bad play calling and a bad knee. 

Freeman was a diamond we found in the 4th round with late first round early second round talent whose career was dismantled by severe concussions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...