Mathew Stafford to be Traded per Tom Pelisaro

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Never know. Sitting and learning may turn out to be the best thing that could have happened for him. 

We know he sat, the question is did he learn anything. I could see the Saints looking elsewhere, FWIW Saints Report seems  lukewarm about Winston, a little more hopeful about Stafford and of course there is the obligatory Brees is coming back thread. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would trade Ryan for Stafford straight up and I like Ryan. Stafford just has the better arm IMO

That puts the Lions as one of the teams possibly trading up for a QB

Why are people so obsessed with arm strength like it's the only thing that matters? Some of the guys with the strongest arms I've ever seen in my life were also some of the sorriest QBs I've ever seen

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I saw on the Saints Report a few days ago where they mentioned that they wouldn't mind having Stafford replace Brees. I think he'd be a good fit with the Colts.

Stafford would be a solid improvement over Hill or Winston. Just as soon see him go to the Colts or somebody else instead.

3 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

We know he sat, the question is did he learn anything. I could see the Saints looking elsewhere, FWIW Saints Report seems  lukewarm about Winston, a little more hopeful about Stafford and of course there is the obligatory Brees is coming back thread. 

That's why I said MAY turn out to be the best thing. I don't know. You don't know. They don't even know. That's why they find out if that's what they really want to move forward with. 

And Saints report is a message board just like this one. Those OPINIONS don't hold much weight at all. This board was lukewarm on Terrell after he was picked and look how those opinions changed. 

1 minute ago, PuppyMonster said:

Hard to see the Saints doing anything interesting this off season. If people think the Falcons are in cap ****, well... there's **** and then there's ****.

I hope you're right.  We've said that before ~ more than once ~ and Mickey Loomis has somehow figured out a way to keep them stacked with talent and kept them up at the top.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why are people so obsessed with arm strength like it's the only thing that matters? Some of the guys with the strongest arms I've ever seen in my life were also some of the sorriest QBs I've ever seen in my life. Remember Jeff George? He could throw it from the 20 to the 20 without effort but dude was a horrendous QB cause he had **** for brains. Give me brains over arm strength any day. Brady's never had the elite arm strength but all he's got is 6 Super Bowl rings.

Patrick throw ball long way, many yards, big cheers

12 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Indy would be perfect for Stafford (gets to stay in a Dome, but with a more talented roster and way better coaching staff. Question is whether Indy can give Detroit what it wants. 

Stafford is from Dallas, wonder if Jerry is intrigued

Now that is a possibility. We don't know how long Dak will be out and Jerry acts like he doesn't want to sign him to a big contract.  If Dak asking price is accurate according to media reports then I don't blame him. 

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

I can see the Lions getting A 1st and a 2nd rounder for Stafford... Then using that 7th pick and the extra 2nd round pick they get this year and a 2022 2nd round to move u to 4.......

They would still have the 4th pick, whoevers 1st round pick, and their own 2nd round pick.

We could grab Caleb Farley or Surtain with the 7th pick and would have two 2nd rounders this year and next year

Your crazy if I'm TF i want both of those 1sts to drop to 7 as a starting point.

They're moving up for a QB, what's it worth to them. That's the franchise. 

2 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

Stafford gets hurt every year im not trading a qb who is always healthy for an opt injured one thats a bad investment 

True but the Lions are a sad organization and Stafford never had the support to succeed from coaching, OL, receiving corp, etc. I think they only went to the playoffs one time in Stafford's tenure. I could be wrong. 

30 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Don't think that was the point of the thread lmao

No, but inevitably it will be asked. Just after Smith was hired, they basically asked on 92.9,who is the QB that is out there that can be our Ryan Tannehill. 

You see a guy like Stafford cut because he just hasn't gotten it done in 12 seasons. Why keep going down the road with this guy for top QB money without the results.  Maybe this is the start of a trend. Who knows.

16 minutes ago, isproab said:

No, but inevitably it will be asked. Just after Smith was hired, they basically asked on 92.9,who is the QB that is out there that can be our Ryan Tannehill. 

You see a guy like Stafford cut because he just hasn't gotten it done in 12 seasons. Why keep going down the road with this guy for top QB money without the results.  Maybe this is the start of a trend. Who knows.

He is not cut but on the trade block.  Remember this a team game. Stafford hasnt had the supporting cast in place to succeed. Let's see what happens if he joins either the Colts, Cowboys or even the Patriots. Bears need a QB too

13 minutes ago, isproab said:

I think the other parallel that nobody talks about with the Lions and us is this. 

Both teams have a lot of holes to fill. If you get lucky and hit on all your picks to rebuild through multiple drafts the QB will be too old by the time the team is good anyways.

35 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

Stafford gets hurt every year im not trading a qb who is always healthy for an opt injured one thats a bad investment 

He's started every game for the Lions since 2011 except for the 8 games he missed in 2019. 16 games started in 2011-2018 and 2020.

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why are people so obsessed with arm strength like it's the only thing that matters? Some of the guys with the strongest arms I've ever seen in my life were also some of the sorriest QBs I've ever seen in my life. Remember Jeff George? He could throw it from the 20 to the 20 without effort but dude was a horrendous QB cause he had **** for brains. Give me brains over arm strength any day. Brady's never had the elite arm strength but all he's got is 6 Super Bowl rings.

If everything is equal ....you taking strong arm or weak arm. Forget about emotions