Jump to content

Mathew Stafford to be Traded per Tom Pelisaro


slider
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why are people so obsessed with arm strength like it's the only thing that matters? Some of the guys with the strongest arms I've ever seen in my life were also some of the sorriest QBs I've ever seen in my life. Remember Jeff George? He could throw it from the 20 to the 20 without effort but dude was a horrendous QB cause he had **** for brains. Give me brains over arm strength any day. Brady's never had the elite arm strength but all he's got is 6 Super Bowl rings.

Because Staff has brains too.

 

anyways, Detroit at 7 could be a decent trade down spot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

You're laughing now. Win or lose, Winston has given Atlanta heIl in his career

That just DOES NOT seem like the right fit. Payton and Winston.. one stealing Vicodin, the other crab legs.. I mean come on.. you gotta be thinking about resale value.. 

😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

That just DOES NOT seem like the right fit. Payton and Winston.. one stealing Vicodin, the other crab legs.. I mean come on.. you gotta be thinking about resale value.. 

😁

I don't care anything about all that. Just sayin, don't laugh too soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Not say Winston will pan out, just that many signs point with Sean Payton rolling with Winston as the guy next season.

 

They have to re-sign him I think, but he's gonna be Brees' successor for now.

I just don’t see that panning out well for them, man.. I could obviously be wrong.. just seems like a bad fit to me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Why are people so obsessed with arm strength like it's the only thing that matters? Some of the guys with the strongest arms I've ever seen in my life were also some of the sorriest QBs I've ever seen in my life. Remember Jeff George? He could throw it from the 20 to the 20 without effort but dude was a horrendous QB cause he had **** for brains. Give me brains over arm strength any day. Brady's never had the elite arm strength but all he's got is 6 Super Bowl rings.

 Arthur Smith gonna get a new quarterback...:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Then what does it mean if you're not talking about arm strength?

You have to have the accuracy along with that strong arm to be successful. JaMarcus Russell would still be in league if playing QB was based only having the strongest arm. 

Stafford just had some bad luck with the Lions organization, especially in the receiving corp department since CJ retired.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, freakyfalcon said:

You have to have the accuracy along with that strong arm to be successful. JaMarcus Russell would still be in league if playing QB was based only having the strongest arm. 

Stafford just had some bad luck with the Lions organization, especially in the receiving corp department since CJ retired.  

Matthew Stafford is not and never has been more accurate than Matt Ryan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, freakyfalcon said:

Come on Autiger get it right. I said better arm is not just arm strength. 

When people talk about better arm they usually mean arm strength. There's only two options, arm strength or arm accuracy. I know you can't be talking accuracy so you had to be talking about arm strength. If you were talking about accuracy then you're just plain wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

I just don’t see that panning out well for them, man.. I could obviously be wrong.. just seems like a bad fit to me

 If Winston has been working with Payton and Brees on him on his decision making on the field and ints, then he could end up being more than good enough for the Saints to win.

 

We just need to keep an eye on him with the Saints next season.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

When people talk about better arm they usually mean arm strength. There's only two options, arm strength or arm accuracy. I know you can't be talking accuracy so you had to be talking about arm strength. If you were talking about accuracy then you're just plain wrong.

I would have said stronger arm in my original post

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Fins have a significant dearth of playmakers. They won't know what they have with Tua until they get him guys who can make plays in space. Their #3 is going to command a 🤬ton of value and we won't know what our pick is worth until they commit.

To wit: They can legitimately make teams believe they're using their pick on a QB so the pot will have to be sweetened for them to trade down. And if there is a consensus third-rated QB in the draft, we can't get true value until teams know that the Fins' #3 is going to be used on another position.

Our best chance to trade before the draft will be to a team that is dying to draft Sewell or sees little separation between the third and fourth rated QBs.

Absolutely. Dolphins need to get Tua some help. They had a shot to beat the Chiefs this year but I lost track of how many dropped passes they had in that game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 If Winston has been working with Payton and Brees on him on his decision making on the field and ints, then he could end up being more than good enough for the Saints to win.

 

We just need to keep an eye on him with the Saints next season.

 

Honestly, I’d say it would be more interesting watching the competition between him and Hill, and how each handles the decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

 

I can see the Lions getting A 1st and a 2nd rounder for Stafford... Then using that 7th pick and the extra 2nd round pick they get this year and a 2022 2nd round to move u to 4.......

 

They would still have the 4th pick, whoevers 1st round pick, and their own 2nd round pick.

 

We could grab Caleb Farley or Surtain with the 7th pick and would have two 2nd rounders this year and next year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Honestly, I’d say it would be more interesting watching the competition between him and Hill, and how each handles the decision. 

 

I think Sean Payton saw enough of Hill during those few games starting.

 

I think Payton continues to use Hill as the gadget QB with Winston replacing Brees. There's a reason why Payton hasn't used Winston much at all on the field outside of that one 2nd half of the game where Brees got hurt. Payton may have wanted to Winston to sit just about all this season and have the off-season to be coached up for next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...