Arthur Smith: As A Graduate Assistant, Smith Wanted UNC to Offer Scholarship To 2 Star Recruit Russell Wilson

If this team does draft QB this year, I’ll be completely confident with Smith making the decision.  Even as a graduate assistant at UNC, he demonstrated an eye for QB talent as he pushed for his school to offer a scholarship to a 2 star recruit named Russell Wilson.  They didn’t and the rest is history

• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Arthur Smith: Wanted UNC to offer 2 Star Recruit Russell Wilson

At Wisconsin you could tell Wilson was something special. Even by the way he carries himself. Special player, even more special human being.

Hate that people bought into that stupid height narrative back when he was coming out of college. He should've been a 1st round pick.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

At Wisconsin you could tell Wilson was something special. Even by the way he carries himself. Special player, even more special human being.

Hate that people bought into that stupid height narrative back when he was coming out of college. He should've been a 1st round pick.

Wilson was always overlooked and cast aside for the next guy...no clue why

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

He was fantastic in college but I thought that he was a good college QB (like Dak Prescott) who would not translate to the pros. We see it often. More proof that it's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Did anyone really think watching Russell Wilson  his first year think that  he would become as good as he is ?? I got to be honest I didn't. but boy was I wrong.. not a Seahawks fan in any way, but you really can't help but pull for the guy he's a player..

Could say the same for Josh Allen... 

13 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Did anyone really think watching Russell Wilson  his first year think that  he would become as good as he is ?? I got to be honest I didn't. but boy was I wrong.. not a Seahawks fan in any way, but you really can't help but pull for the guy he's a player..

Saw him in person in that Divisional Playoff Game. I could tell he was special then. We won the game, but it was mostly because of some dumb decisions by Pete Carroll. Our defense was hitting hard, and causing fumbles too. 

• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Arthur Smith: As A Graduate Assistant, Smith Wanted UNC to Offer Scholarship To 2 Star Recruit Russell Wilson