The Wilson Train is picking up Steam

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope the train picks up enough steam that if he's there at #4, we can get a fortune trading out of that spot!

I would be happy if we got him. I would also be happy, and perhaps happier, if we traded that pick to somebody out of our division and preferably out of our conference for a boat load of picks. 

Or dont believe in the Wilson hype. That's always a possibility. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Starting to see many Mocks where we may land our Future QB . ...but there is a problem... He may not be there at #4 ...... Here's hoping we get a little sunshine on our long , dark road ahead !!!

I would be happy if we got him. I would also be happy, and perhaps happier, if we traded that pick to somebody out of our division and preferably out of our conference for a boat load of picks. 

Yep. I hope everyone wants him or Fields or whomever is still available. Either one will work. As long as QBs don't go 1, 2 and 3, we should have 3 or 4 trade offers.

We do it and rake someone for next year's 1st and 2 or 3 picks this year, and I'll dub our new boss Fonte-rogue.

😏😏

24 minutes ago, jidady said:

I hope the train picks up enough steam that if he's there at #4, we can get a fortune trading out of that spot!

I can understand the desire for multiple picks , but why would you want to pass on a future starting QB ( maybe even a young Aaron Rodgers - like talent ) ?? The only conclusion I can come up with is that most of you think a new coach/GM will suddenly make us a playoff team next year. Or maybe Smith will have a Shanahan type of effect on Ryan. I don't see it. Ryan is in decline, Julio likes the sideline more then the playing field , plus we have to go through a whole new scheme. We are a few years away from being any threat .. get the future QB now , sit behind Ryan for a year .. maybe 2 ...Retool, regroup and rebuild for our Future !!!

2 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

I can understand the desire for multiple picks , but why would you want to pass on a future starting QB ( maybe even a young Aaron Rodgers - like talent ) ?? The only conclusion I can come up with is that most of you think a new coach/GM will suddenly make us a playoff team next year. Or maybe Smith will have a Shanahan type of effect on Ryan. I don't see it. Ryan is in decline, Julio likes the sideline more then the playing field , plus we have to go through a whole new scheme. We are a few years away from being any threat .. get the future QB now , sit behind Ryan for a year .. maybe 2 ...Retool, regroup and rebuild for our Future !!!

Or dont believe in the Wilson hype. That's always a possibility. 

8 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

why would you want to pass on a future starting QB ( maybe even a young Aaron Rodgers - like talent ) ??

A few reasons:

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota (who I liked)

Carson Wentz

Mitch Trubinsky

Sam Darnold

Five out of the last eight QBs who went top 5 in the draft fall somewhere between underachieving and being total busts. Then, there's the up and down careers of Jared Goff and Baker Mayfield.

At this point, the only recent top 5 pick who looks like an unqualified success is Kyler Murray.

Also -- and here's the only point that matters -- Tampa Bay scored on every drive but one against us. Brady made a mistake that gifted us an interception. If not for that, they would have scored each time they touched the ball.

Unless Wilson can rush the passer and tackle ballcarriers, he doesn't help this team.

If we draft a QB at #4, I'll immediately question the foresight of the new coaching staff.

15 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Go look back at some of these posters in the past. They want Glenn Dorsey over Matt Ryan and wanted to trade back then  As well

2 minutes ago, jetpac said:

Go look back at some of these posters in the past. They want Glenn Dorsey over Matt Ryan and wanted to trade back then  As well

And some other posters vanish and then create new accounts because their track records are so comically inept that they have to etch-a-sketch their entire existence away!

Right, guy who remembers stuff from 2008 but only has 533 posts!

8 minutes ago, jidady said:

A few reasons:

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota (who I liked)

Carson Wentz

Mitch Trubinsky

Sam Darnold

Five out of the last eight QBs who went top 5 in the draft fall somewhere between underachieving and being total busts. Then, there's the up and down careers of Jared Goff and Baker Mayfield.

At this point, the only recent top 5 pick who looks like an unqualified success is Kyler Murray.

Also -- and here's the only point that matters -- Tampa Bay scored on every drive but one against us. Brady made a mistake that gifted us an interception. If not for that, they would have scored each time they touched the ball.

Unless Wilson can rush the passer and tackle ballcarriers, he doesn't help this team.

If we draft a QB at #4, I'll immediately question the foresight of the new coaching staff.

I think it had less to do with being a top 5 pick and more to do with the franchise that drafted them

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think it had less to do with being a top 5 pick and more to do with the franchise that drafted them

Scheme and coaching matter more than anyone could ever understood when it comes to highly drafted players. That's a given.

However, we're far from an ideal spot right now. A young QB will hold the ball longer, and we cannot protect a former MVP veteran who knows to get the ball out on schedule. We really need a high-quality guard and center now, presuming Mack doesn't return. McGary only had a 64.1 grade from PFF this year, and Hennessy only made the field for 225 snaps. And he was terrible on those.

When we drafted Matt, we also traded up for Baker to protect him. If we invest in a QB at #4, we'd need to spend similar draft capital on linemen this year. That's problematic given how weak our defense is.

These are all reasons NOT to draft a QB rather than justification to do so.

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

Scheme and coaching matter more than anyone could ever understood when it comes to highly drafted players. That's a given.

However, we're far from an ideal spot right now. A young QB will hold the ball longer, and we cannot protect a former MVP veteran who knows to get the ball out on schedule. We really need a high-quality guard and center now, presuming Mack doesn't return. McGary only had a 64.1 grade from PFF this year, and Hennessy only made the field for 225. And he was terrible on those.

When we drafted Matt, we also traded up for Baker to protect him. If invest in a QB at #4, we'd need to spend similar draft capital on linemen this year. That's problematic given how weak our defense is.

These are all reasons NOT to draft a QB rather than justification to do so.

So wait until our QB , who is already in decline , gets a few years older and further declines , then draft our QB to start year 1 ??