If you had to name one thing, what is the main thing you were looking for Arthur Smith to bring to this team?

My answer would be consistency. I think this team has a strong core of players but I think they need to play more consistent as a whole. Figure out who you are, and consistently play that way. We don’t need a coach jumping up and down screaming, talking about biting kneecaps, but we need a coach that is going to consistently put our players in the right place, to make the plays they have been trained to make

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A superbowl.

Cold, hard accountability. Accountability on every down of football by every man on the team.    This team has been wildly undisciplined for way too long, with a lot of guys (looking at you, Ju

Adaptability, which I define as the ability to adjust game plans for a given opponent. A close 2nd would be flexibility, which I define as the ability to adjust strategy within a game based on lessons

1 minute ago, falcndave said:

Adaptability, which I define as the ability to adjust game plans for a given opponent. A close 2nd would be flexibility, which I define as the ability to adjust strategy within a game based on lessons learned and the current situation. 

As a follow up, my current opinion is that AS is highly adaptable, but not as flexible as I would like. For example, he should have come out in the 2nd half and tried something different in his most recent game. 

Consistency is the answer.

In 2020 we would have moments of pure dominance....offense , defense... We had many halves of football where we look like one of the best teams in the NFL.

And then we had half a that were the exact opposite of that where we looked like one of the worst teams in the nfl.

If we could strike that happy medium and find consistency on offense and defense then we would be in the playoffs on a yearly basis.

An identity on both sides of the ball. So tired of trying to figure out what we do well. Teams have no problem attacking us because we have no clear strengths on either side of the ball. Having a dominant player like Grady or Julio is moot when teams can force other players to step up and for some reason, good players don't seem to be in position to do it.

COMPLEMENTARY, TEAM FOOTBALL

In other words, we are not looking for Matt Ryan to play like a God or Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes to win football games. The defense can show up when it needs to, the run game will show up when it needs to, Matt Ryan WILL show up when he needs to; complete team football and being able to close games.

Balance across the board.

Cold, hard accountability. Accountability on every down of football by every man on the team. 

This team has been wildly undisciplined for way too long, with a lot of guys (looking at you, Julio) doing whatever they want through a sense of entitlement. 

I love these coaches and GM having no personal relationships with these players right now. That’s the only way to know who can carry their weight, and who is just dead weight.