Do you think that Dante Fowler and Marlon Davidson will play better under Dean Pees?

Not sure on Fowler, but hoping MD improves just due to being healthy and in game condition. Both surely underwhelmed this year.

Let’s see if Fowler is still on the roster week 1 as well. I think he saves $3M as a cut and over $8M as a post 6/1 cut. Not sure about trades. I could see them giving him one more year, at least up to the trade deadline as long as our cap situation allows it.

Who knows about fowler but maybe if he gets too stand up more he will be better and a 3-4(if they go mainly with that formation) can help scheme rushers easily to get better matchup. For Davidson I give him a pass because he had a crazy year covid injury then having to try to get into shape when missing I think all training camp and most of season. Can't expect an all-star player even if he was a top 5 prospect in that situation

42 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Hopefully Dean Pees coaching can help our players improve.

Marlon was hurt.  Hard to go anywhere but up for him.  Fowler?  Thats the question.  Perhaps with a scheme that works within his skillet, we might see a huge improvement.  And if he was a hurt as he contends, maybe a dramatic turn around.  Who knows?

47 minutes ago, MayorWest13 said:

"...these players are hybrids who straddle the line between linebacker and safety and they’re absolutely critical to defending modern offenses. These are guys that can cover an athletic tight end or wide receiver and also thump in the box on run plays."

Maybe DQ was on to something with the hybrid players, but ran the wrong defensive scheme. 

Based on this article the Falcons may hold on to Neal or draft a younger, cheaper hybrid safety/LB.

22 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Marlon was hurt.  Hard to go anywhere but up for him.  Fowler?  Thats the question.  Perhaps with a scheme that works within his skillet, we might see a huge improvement.  And if he was a hurt as he contends, maybe a dramatic turn around.  Who knows?

Marlon was on covid reserve once and had an minor ankle injury... there was NO excuse that he was a coaches decision inactive many games with our trash defense

2 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Marlon was on covid reserve once and had an minor ankle injury... there was NO excuse that he was a coaches decision inactive many games with our trash defense

I think we have to cover every position if there are any players we may not be able to depend on.. For what ever reason that may be. If there is any doubt, WE need to get that position ready and set to go. 

22 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

"...these players are hybrids who straddle the line between linebacker and safety and they’re absolutely critical to defending modern offenses. These are guys that can cover an athletic tight end or wide receiver and also thump in the box on run plays."

Maybe DQ was on to something with the hybrid players, but ran the wrong defensive scheme. 

Based on this article the Falcons may hold on to Neal or draft a younger, cheaper hybrid safety/LB.

Jaylinn Hawkins might be a fit. Neal is one of our best players and a difference maker. We need to keep these types!

GO FALCONS!!!!

11 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I think we have to cover every position if there are any players we may not be able to depend on.. For what ever reason that may be. If there is any doubt, WE need to get that position ready and set to go. 

Talented 2nd round pick and he had no chance.. not saying we cant draft a DT or NT in the draft, but I'm not looking at it as a weakness just yet

12 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Agreed.  His defenses normally had good to great safeties, CBs and linebackers, seemed like rotating pieces that did really well on the line but let walk and restocked well that still created pressure, those players fizzled out once they left that scheme too.  Will be interesting to see what they address this off-season.  

8 minutes ago, MarkMc44 said:

Jaylinn Hawkins might be a fit. Neal is one of our best players and a difference maker. We need to keep these types!

GO FALCONS!!!!

Neal is a good comeback story and played average football at best, well below average in coverage. Where to you play him if you resign him?

I have wondered if our players were bad or if they were just poorly coached during the Quinn years. I think the answer will come when the rosters are set before week 1. If Pees believes a player is good and just need to be coached up, he stays. If not, he won’t be on the roster. Pretty simple. I think it will be a mix of both. 

50 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I hope so, they almost gave us nothing last year. I give the rook a pass, fowler was hurt and didnt really have anyone across from him. You kind of need to pass rushers or a lead scoring wise.

And this is the reason why we have a whole new set of Coaches that will be drafting for this team...  To be honest.. I'm really happy about the new Leaders .. HC OC and DC and all  those Coaches under them..  Sing it with me..  $ It's gonna be a bright bright sun shinny Day``$

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

Think Fowler gets cut, or hope he does. I detested Beasley on the field, just hated the guy. I think Beasley is better than Fowler...that is not an easy thing to type.

Massive bust...what position was Fowler drafted again?? 😉

Fowler was surprisingly consistent in the run game

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

Ehhhhh, I'm gonna reserve judgment. Covid affects people different. I'm a pretty in-shape dude and it put me on my *** for about 3 weeks. Literally no energy and couldn't stay awake for more than probably 3 hours at a time. I'm still feeling some of the effects of it nearly a month after testing negative.

Edited by Snafu
1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

I hope so. We seriously need 8-10 sacks from him and consistent pressure on the edge. We can’t bank on landing two pass rushers this offseason. 

Just now, Snafu said:

Ehhhhh, I'm gonna reserve judgment. Covid affects people different. I'm a pretty in-shape dude and it put me on my *** for about 3 weeks. I'm still feeling some of the effects of it nearly a month after testing negative.

Yeah, for sure it’s an oddball virus. I’ve seen folks like you be down and out, and others who are out of shape barely have symptoms. I’m in the middle, 52, and my symptoms were very mild compared to others. My 91 year old aunt spent 3 days in the hospital, and was running around her house like usual lol

Let’s see him with a year under his belt.