Our universe and whats beyond

Not sure if they are many astrophysics fans here.. But curious to see what others believe is on the other side of our universe.. Supposedly since the big bang, our universe has been expanding.. Day by day at a faster and more rapid pace.. Which in itself provides challenges for the big bag theory to begin with.. But, at the edges of our universe where space and time seems to begin.. What is on the other side initially.. I mean, what is there that space and time is replacing?? Id like to hear anyone's thoughts about this if you are fans of physics 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Aliens that live better lives than we do

Perhaps.. But do you not find it odd that everything we see now in our solar system, universe came into existence from a explosion the size of a pin head?? Can you imagine the mass that one molecule had to have had to create everything we see now and it be so tiny.. Its difficult to even comprehend imo

19 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Perhaps.. But do you not find it odd that everything we see now in our solar system, universe came into existence from a explosion the size of a pin head?? Can you imagine the mass that one molecule had to have had to create everything we see now and it be so tiny.. Its difficult to even comprehend imo

I always wonder where that tiny mass existed if there was no space or time. Also, what was the catalyst for the eruption? Something happened to cause the conflagration and without space and time, nothing can happen. I don't have a problem with the Big Bang Theory but I neve can wrap my head around where the mass existed, where it came from and what made it explode.

When people scoff at my faith and ask me how I can believe something that I don't understand and has no basis in science, I ask them these questions and they change the subject. But I've never asked a genuine astrophysicist, who might have an answer. Personally, I can easily reconcile a belief in a higher power with science. I consider it the mechanics of creation and purposeful, not happenstance.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

I always wonder where that tiny mass existed if there was no space or time. Also, what was the catalyst for the eruption? Something happened to cause the conflagration and without space and time, nothing can happen. I don't have a problem with the Big Bang Theory but I neve can wrap my head around where the mass existed, where it came from and what made it explode.

When people scoff at my faith and ask me how I can believe something that I don't understand and has no basis in science, I ask them these questions and they change the subject. But I've never asked a genuine astrophysicist, who might have an answer. Personally, I can easily reconcile a belief in a higher power with science. I consider it the mechanics of creation and purposeful, not happenstance.

It definitely seems like a creator knew what needed to be done and put it all into place.. If the moon was just a mile further from earth.. We wouldn't exist.. Much less the temp and location of the sun.. Yeah, I believe a power greater than we can understand is at work 

We live in the matrix. The world you know is just a computer program based off our peak as a “civilization”. I feel that we are very close to a reset in this iteration. We as people are self destructive and will find a way even through tutus computer program to **** is all to ****. And I think right now this all leads up to the chop that tim apple and Sony are trying to implant us with for this virus. It’s a sad day. 

52 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I’m hooked on this show “Finding Bigfoot”.  I’m watching the entire series and am now in the middle of Season 6.  I don’t mind spoilers and I’m just wondering if anybody can tell me whether they find him this season or not.

Spoiler: Bigfoot is Q 

On 1/23/2021 at 1:25 PM, Slumerican said:

It definitely seems like a creator knew what needed to be done and put it all into place.. If the moon was just a mile further from earth.. We wouldn't exist.. Much less the temp and location of the sun.. Yeah, I believe a power greater than we can understand is at work 

That is horsesh!t...

About 4.5 billion years ago when the Moon first formed it used to be about 16 times closer to us than it is right now. It has constantly drifted away from us since then, and continues to do so. When Earth was still molten and yet to cool, a Mars sized object crashed into it and sent chunks of matter into orbit that eventually coalesced into one solid object as it cooled: the Moon. 

The rate of drift away from Earth has varied over the billions of years, being initially much faster per year than it is now; the current rate is about 1.5 inches per year. Interesting factoid: the Moon is responsible for slowing Earth's rotation to our current 24 hour day. It used to be about a 10 hour day 4.5 billion years ago. That is due to the Moon's gravitational effect on tides which changes the shape of the Earth from a perfect circle to a sphere and the gravity of the Moon pulls back ever so slightly on the edge of the oblong sphere. 

Second, the Moon's elliptical orbit means it varies more than 1 mile from Earth over the course of a year.  The Moon's distance from the Earth varies between 92.7% and 105.8% of its average value of 384,400 km. 

Your universe question: 

Edited by RandomFan

28 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

That is horsesh!t...

About 4.5 billion years ago when the Moon first formed it used to be about 16 times closer to us than it is right now. It has constantly drifted away from us since then, and continues to do so. When Earth was still molten and yet to cool, a Mars sized object crashed into it and sent chunks of matter into orbit that eventually coalesced into one solid object as it cooled: the Moon. 

The rate of drift away from Earth has varied over the billions of years, being initially much faster per year than it is now; the current rate is about 1.5 inches per year. Interesting factoid: the Moon is responsible for slowing Earth's rotation to our current 24 hour day. It used to be about a 10 hour day 4.5 billion years ago. That is due to the Moon's gravitational effect on tides which changes the shape of the Earth from a perfect circle to a sphere and the gravity of the Moon pulls back ever so slightly on the edge of the oblong sphere. 

Second, the Moon's elliptical orbit means it varies more than 1 mile from Earth over the course of a year.  The Moon's distance from the Earth varies between 92.7% and 105.8% of its average value of 384,400 km. 

Your universe question: 

Either you didn't read what i wrote or you didn't read what you wrote.. Either way, I don't believe you read anything 

On 1/23/2021 at 2:25 PM, Slumerican said:

Only thing the creator knew was how to make a simulation that produces life. Quantum field theory and the double slit experiment makes us living in the matrix more plausible. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 11:16 PM, shc said:

Not sure what’s on the other side, but it stands to reason that at some point in the future, our horizon of the universe will disappear once all the galaxies in the sky accelerate past our view. Leaving the sky empty. 

Terrifying.