Any chance of Jalen Hurts to the Falcons?

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

I'd be into it tbh. More than nearly every QB we could get this year, esp at the pick he'd cost. Depends what they'd want for him, but Hurts has all the tools and intangibles to be a good QB in this league. He just needs time.

Outside of that one game against the Cardinals, Hurts has really not been good.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Outside of that one game against the Cardinals, Hurts has really not been good.

Playing poorly doesn't mean he'll be a poor player. It's a lot of things that go into this, and sure he can bust, but it's a calculated risk for a guy I think is really talented and a great leader. I'd trade our 3rd (I know it's a high 3rd) for him, prolly not more, but I think learning from Ryan would be great for him and he could be special in this scheme.

I get it more than trading for Darnold or something.

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Playing poorly doesn't mean he'll be a poor player. It's a lot of things that go into this, and sure he can bust, but it's a calculated risk for a guy I think is really talented and a great leader. I'd trade our 3rd (I know it's a high 3rd) for him, prolly not more, but I think learning from Ryan would be great for him and he could be special in this scheme.

I get it more than trading for Darnold or something.

Much rather spend that draft capital on someone in the 3rd or so that can sit and groom behind Ryan than spend an early round pick on trading for Hurts.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Much rather spend that draft capital on someone in the 3rd or so that can sit and groom behind Ryan than spend an early round pick on trading for Hurts.

No one in the 3rd is as good as he was coming out, point blank. I could maybe see Jamie Newman being close, but he's an awful lot riskier.

Jmho, he played better in games this year than stats would indicate.

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

No one in the 3rd is as good as he was coming out, point blank. I could maybe see Jamie Newman being close, but he's an awful lot riskier.

Jmho, he played better in games this year than stats would indicate.

Hurts was able to move the offense better than Wentz, but Hurts was terrible in most of the games I saw outside of the Cardinals game.

He only completed 35% of his passes and had a 25.4 QB rating in his last game vs Washington.

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Hurts was able to move the offense better than Wentz, but Hurts was terrible in most of the games I saw outside of the Cardinals game.

He only completed 35% of his passes and had a 25.4 QB rating in his last game vs Washington.

I think peeps are missing the fact we have Charles London as our QB coach. With London's 9 straight years working closely with some of the best young RB's in the NFL, we have a unique opportunity to take a struggling, young elite QB and turn him into a .....oh, wait.

😝

Hurts is an example of a rookie who needed to grow, under a starter.  Wentz is broken but he could be a great mentor.  But I think the Eagles are up the creek now.  Hurts could step into the role but I think they put too much on him without enough experience.  That's OK, I don't care for the Eagles.  But Hurts is a good guy and I hope he finds his footing.