New O-line Coach - Dwayne Ledford

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Hubbard has Olympic track speed.  I think his 100m time was better than Bo Jackson.  Williams is a bruiser who has very good but not great speed

Cool. I thought Hubbard was a bruiser too. Maybe the name Chubba Hubbard just led me to think that. Haha

I really like Jared Patterson to. Not sure where he's projected but this draft is 5 or more rounds deep in RBs.

23 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Cool. I thought Hubbard was a bruiser too. Maybe the name Chubba Hubbard just led me to think that. Haha

I really like Jared Patterson to. Not sure where he's projected but this draft is 5 or more rounds deep in RBs.

Pulling a Schumer and thinking of chubs i see. 

5 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm already hearing the first signs of whining and moaning about AS's OC and DC picks. It don't take the haters long to get bent out of shape.

Being calmer and slower to meltdown than the average fan, I'm going to patiently wait until AS and TF don't pick a QB at #4 to go Full Troll on them. :lol:

Draft melt down will be epic this off season.

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

Man, I love both of em to be honest.  It’s said Hubbard doesn’t have elite vision, but quality NFL coaching can help so much with these young men

14 hours ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Sooo.. if you want to know about our new O-line coach's philosophy, check this out.  He is giving a clinic on the wide zone scheme, which is what Coach Smith ran in TN.    Former NFL lineman who has been coaching O-lines for almost 15+ years.  This could be a great hire!

Hey man, thanks for the post. Plenty of likes and such. But nice watch, thanks. Happy to have him as the new OL coach

18 hours ago, atljbo said:

I always wondered why teams dont grab the better OLine and DLine coaches from the college rank..... Not only do the better college position coaches is used to truly teaching but they also have a feel for the college players they tried to recruit.

You may be able to find that 4th or 5th round guard or tackle that coach knows something about

Seattle's coach was genius at this.... that's how you got Sherman turning into a CB. Wagner , and the SS (forgot his name) were just a few that he had personal knowledge of and how they played from when he was at USC.

11 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

This was one of the hires I was really looking for.. the more and more I read I like the hiring of DL.. his players talk great things about him.. also like he is a teacher ... he will coach up some of our young and coming OL... we should have a really good OL this next year.. this guy will make Gono a starter... Henny will be fine...

Good look on this one Fernando.This guy is another Gibbs disciple.  When we ran the wide zone scheme before (we have) we chose smaller lineman that could move. Gibbs the guru of the zone scheme himself preffered not to spend early picks on lineman because of the way that offense works....in unison so to speak if I remember correctly. Same offense that churned out all those 1000 yard rushers who were not house hold names in the days of Elway and T Davis .  Probably means they wont pick the guy form Oregon or any lineman before the 3rd or 4th for that matter. I can hear people complaining now about not picking 7 foot 400 pound monsters to block for Ryan now.....smh

16 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm already hearing the first signs of whining and moaning about AS's OC and DC picks. It don't take the haters long to get bent out of shape.

Being calmer and slower to meltdown than the average fan, I'm going to patiently wait until AS and TF don't pick a QB at #4 to go Full Troll on them. :lol:

Will you be just as patient if they do pick a qb while you get full on trolled?

21 hours ago, falcons007 said:

In before some one says AS is hiring his buddies from the past. 

Every one does that in NFL, you get coaches you worked with, trust and respect.

Pretty much, and it's gonna happen regardless. He could hire Jesus as team chaplain, and folks are gonna complain that he hired his buddy from church, because he has no NFL experience.

23 hours ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Sooo.. if you want to know about our new O-line coach's philosophy, check this out.  He is giving a clinic on the wide zone scheme, which is what Coach Smith ran in TN.    Former NFL lineman who has been coaching O-lines for almost 15+ years.  This could be a great hire!

He had me at “Alex Gibbs”.  I stopped listening after that.  I am sold. 

On 1/22/2021 at 9:39 AM, falcons007 said:

I fully expect all these folks knocking on TD/DQ for silly stuff to go off on AS and TF. Just wait for the first miss by TF in FA or draft. Fonted all over TATF.

Trademarking "Fontenoooooooooo!" before it becomes the "Troff'd" replacement

On 1/22/2021 at 6:33 AM, pa_falcon_fan said:

Bro. Thank you . I was looking for a answer to some problems with my team and this solves a lot of that.