New O-line Coach - Dwayne Ledford

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sooo.. if you want to know about our new O-line coach's philosophy, check this out.  He is giving a clinic on the wide zone scheme, which is what Coach Smith ran in TN.    Former NFL lineman who has b

In before some one says AS is hiring his buddies from the past.  Every one does that in NFL, you get coaches you worked with, trust and respect.

40 minutes ago, The Great American said:

What do we have to lose?  We need fresh ideas and creativity on the coaching staff.  

I don’t know if he will be creative or brings fresh ideas. AS wouldn’t have hired him if he didn’t see the value for his ideas and coaching. Usually college coaches moving to NFL have very high motivation. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t know if he will be creative or brings fresh ideas. AS wouldn’t have hired him if he didn’t see the value for his ideas and coaching. Usually college coaches moving to NFL have very high motivation. 

He seems to me to be a guy that's innovative, but trusts his system as well.  If you look at how he's teaching it in that video, he isn't trying to replicate everything Alex Gibbs ever did, but he is taking the principles and saying "these principles work -- how can I teach them better?"

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

He seems to me to be a guy that's innovative, but trusts his system as well.  If you look at how he's teaching it in that video, he isn't trying to replicate everything Alex Gibbs ever did, but he is taking the principles and saying "these principles work -- how can I teach them better?"

Print Tshirts? JK. 
I like the attention to detail on every aspect including coaching. The schemes, playbooks and principles aren’t drastically different but how you implement and call plays can make huge difference. 

24 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

i get that so what is their highest sack game they gave up

I was just messing with you. Not sure on an answer. I'll have to look into it and find the article where the average was .75 sacks a game. It couldn't have been his last year with Louisville because they kinda sucked (although they averaged almost 30 points a game). Maybe it was in his last year at NC. I'll have to find the article again and do some research.

Watching that video though, he looks legit. He's a Gibbs disciple from when he was with Wash and Atl. Was that during Turner the Burner's time? Funny how connected coaches seem to be throughout their careers.

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Williams would be ideal for a he Falcons.  

I would love it. He's projected often in the 3rd, but if we trade back and land a late 2nd round pick, I wouldn't be mad.

There's some awesome change of pace (one cut speedsters) later in the draft to that could be great complements to him if we double dip in the 5th and later rounds. Be even better if one or two of those are picked up as UDFAs.

Ito could work. He's dancing in the hole less and less as he gets experience. 

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

I always wondered why teams dont grab the better OLine and DLine coaches from the college rank..... Not only do the better college position coaches is used to truly teaching but they also have a feel for the college players they tried to recruit.

You may be able to find that 4th or 5th round guard or tackle that coach knows something about

Yeah like Keith Carter

12 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Maybe we will get Marcus Maye at safety?

That would be a nice fit

If I read it right, he took over as DC the last 4 games in which they went 2-2? I'll have to go back and reread that. He might be our future DC as could be anyone we hire on the D Side, but he looks like he's got some experience.

4 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

If I read it right, he took over as DC the last 4 games in which they went 2-2? I'll have to go back and reread that. He might be our future DC as could be anyone we hire on the D Side, but he looks like he's got some experience.

Yup you read that right.

He could be the dc in waiting.

Now that we have a better idea of the staff the speculation about the free agents will be fun.

I already have 3 or 4 guys who are set to be UFA that I could see joining the Falcons.

43 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I would love it. He's projected often in the 3rd, but if we trade back and land a late 2nd round pick, I wouldn't be mad.

There's some awesome change of pace (one cut speedsters) later in the draft to that could be great complements to him if we double dip in the 5th and later rounds. Be even better if one or two of those are picked up as UDFAs.

Ito could work. He's dancing in the hole less and less as he gets experience. 

Completely agree.  If we end up with two 3rd round picks, I’d be good drafting Williams and Hubbard in the third

2 hours ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Sooo.. if you want to know about our new O-line coach's philosophy, check this out.  He is giving a clinic on the wide zone scheme, which is what Coach Smith ran in TN.    Former NFL lineman who has been coaching O-lines for almost 15+ years.  This could be a great hire!

Great video!

Consider these 4 things: Fontenot knows how to build an offensive line, Arthur Smith knows how to run the ball, Dwayne Ledford appears legit, and no more Dirk Koetter.

I have absolutely no doubt our offensive line will take a massive step forward.