Jump to content

How are Thomas Dimitroff interviews going?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My goodness some of you are petulent children.  Dude put together at least 2 Superbowl winning rosters that coaches derailed.  He had his flaws, specifically in the trenches, but he was a good GM.

I'll admit i'm surprised he hasn't landed a GM gig. My feeling is he will, if not this year, next.   Sidenote: His last draft isn't looking too shabby, is it?

Exactly. I met him at training camp the year we went to the Super Bowl. I was with a group where he let us ask questions about the team. He was personable and honest until an idiot asked about spygate

5 hours ago, MattM12 said:

I'll admit i'm surprised he hasn't landed a GM gig.

My feeling is he will, if not this year, next.

 

Sidenote: His last draft isn't looking too shabby, is it?

I may be wrong - and I don't have a link, but I seem to recall in an interview that he wanted to reassess and look at his options going forward before stepping back into the arena.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jesus said:

The Falcons are still paying him for his contract. That's not a bad job.

And there is likely a clause that he forfeits his Falcons salary if he takes another job before the contract expires.  
 

So he  can A) take a job in Detroit, and try to fix a hopeless franchise with old lady Ford breathing down his neck, or B ) keep getting paid by AB and wait for a better opportunity.    
 

which do you take?

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

And there is likely a clause that he forfeits his Falcons salary if he takes another job before the contract expires.  
 

So he  can A) take a job in Detroit, and try to fix a hopeless franchise with old lady Ford breathing down his neck, or B ) keep getting paid by AB and wait for a better opportunity.    
 

which do you take?

He's got kids in school in ATL. Pretty good chance he waits out the school year before finding a place to relocate them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, athell said:

My goodness some of you are petulent children.  Dude put together at least 2 Superbowl winning rosters that coaches derailed.  He had his flaws, specifically in the trenches, but he was a good GM.

Besides he's gone...move on...

Exactly. I met him at training camp the year we went to the Super Bowl. I was with a group where he let us ask questions about the team. He was personable and honest until an idiot asked about spygate/deflategate. You could tell that he had a lot of confidence in that roster and he was right. It should have ended with a Superbowl...

He has been without a doubt the best GM we have ever had and I wish him nothing but the best. Things didn't work out towards the end but I think that was because we panicked and made some bad decisions. There are a lot of teams over the last decade that wish he was there GM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

TD is a good, professional guy with a ton of experience. He will land somewhere if he chooses to pursue a GM job. Although, I could see him landing a TV gig. He's pretty good in front of a camera.

I could see him working for a network. He is very insightful and definitely has the hair to be on TV...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

I was not happy when he took AJ Terrell but it looks like he hit on that one. But VB and Tak both not making it and his inability to draft linemen sealed his fate. You cant whiff that may times in the first round and keep your job. 

If an edge rusher with Vics measurables is there at 8 you take him every time. People forget how big of a hole it was at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Honestly, they weren't horrible selections.  Not big reaches.  The only knock to me was Takk was hurt and never really got over his injuries.  And VB was injured, but in his mind, not physically.  Those are injuries you don't see.  Its hard to judge a man's heart.

Beasley was definitely just a miss; it happens.  Takk seems to be the bigger mistake with TJ Watt still on the board...sometimes you just gotta go with the smarter decision over the high risk/reward project...

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Beasley was definitely just a miss; it happens.  Takk seems to be the bigger mistake with TJ Watt still on the board...sometimes you just gotta go with the smarter decision over the high risk/reward project...

Very true.  Swung big and stuck out.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Beasley was definitely just a miss; it happens.  Takk seems to be the bigger mistake with TJ Watt still on the board...sometimes you just gotta go with the smarter decision over the high risk/reward project...

 

Not to single you out at all Cheff, but VB was really NOT a swing and a miss. 

The man was a consensus top 10 pick and literally led the league in sacks one year. He totalled 37.5 in the ATL over 5 years. Jamal Anderson over 4 years? 4 1/2.... 

TD's mistake? Holding out hope that he would find the dog in him as opposed to letting him walk.

The much bigger mistake was managing the man. Look squarely at a HC, a DC or DL if you have problems with Vic's effort. 

 

The above notwithstanding, I'm glad to see where this thread has gone, with people giving the man his props as a really good General Manager. Best we've seen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd hire TD as a GM.

You'll take competence for granted and expect nothing less then greatness without any foundation why you'd deserve it. How many GM's have failed horribly during TD's tenure?

You might hate me for that but to be frank at least half the league has been worst off then the Falcons since his arrival. By now his weaknesses are well known so you can hire advisors to fill in his gaps. For instance I'd take him over Trent Baalke if I was the Jags.

One thing the fans of this franchise don't seem to understand is that "very good" is still better then what most teams have to deal with. Just because Fontenot is a flashy shiny new thing is 0 guarantee he'll be better then TD. Just like whatever QB you all want to waste the #4 pick on is in no way guaranteed to be better then Ryan (who by now has average statistics*)

 

 

*For a HOF QB. And some of you wanted to trade him straight up for Jake Locker back in 2013

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EuroFalcon said:

I'd hire TD as a GM.

You'll take competence for granted and expect nothing less then greatness without any foundation why you'd deserve it. How many GM's have failed horribly during TD's tenure?

You might hate me for that but to be frank at least half the league has been worst off then the Falcons since his arrival. By now his weaknesses are well known so you can hire advisors to fill in his gaps. For instance I'd take him over Trent Baalke if I was the Jags.

One thing the fans of this franchise don't seem to understand is that "very good" is still better then what most teams have to deal with. Just because Fontenot is a flashy shiny new thing is 0 guarantee he'll be better then TD. Just like whatever QB you all want to waste the #4 pick on is in no way guaranteed to be better then Ryan (who by now has average statistics*)

 

 

*For a HOF QB. And some of you wanted to trade him straight up for Jake Locker back in 2013

TF will be picking AS's guys like always. 

Not sure why this is so misunderstood.

Now TF may be able to convince AS...

He isn't going to force players om him though or they will be done.

Just like MS and DQ with Dimitroff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Beasley was a pure need pick. Had he gone BPA we would have had Gurley in his prime and still could have taken a pass rusher like P. Smith, Clark, Hunter or Z. Smith later.

Lol. What did Gurley do with Rams. Couldn’t even win a SB, terrible in SB. Heck he couldn’t even had winning season before McVay took over and turned around Goff and got other weapons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...