Jump to content

We don’t need to reach for Najee


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Rings said:

Unless they believe in Donald, which I don’t know that you should, but new regime who knows.  They need help at. ... *checks depth chart* ... literally every position.  How is Fant still in the league?

I dont think Darnold is really worth giving up on just yet.. they know they need virtually everything, which is why they got that haul for their safety.. i think they need a name too though. Walter Football has them picking him at 23 too

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we're not drafting fields at 4  

Yawn, they say this kind of stuff every few years. ”Can’t Miss on this QB!” ”Man this QB class is loaded!” ”Get one now because you don’t know when you can get one again!”

Gonna laugh my *** off when we don’t draft him. The board implosion will be hilarious.    This is gonna be worse than, “Gurlie to Atlantie” 

5 hours ago, belmont4213 said:

Sure. But it doesn’t mean you HAVE to draft one this year at 4. It means that you can trade down or take BPA this year and then draft a QB over the next couple of years and have similar odds that they’ll be a stud, even if you’re picking from a playoff draft position. 
 

its just a fallacy to think that we must draft a QB at 4 because this is our only chance to ever get a good one 

Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t draft one either. I would take Wilson in a  heart beat at 4 and hope Fontenot thinks the same way...if not hopefully Fields. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kenn.junior said:

Wentz offense weapons has been injured since their SB run where has jeffery been where have D Jack been his Line has been injured for the last 2 years look what he did at the end of last year his team had a bunch of UDFA playing and this year he was the most sacked qb in the league. Goff was bad early but was better since McVay but that Rams offense have been not as good since they lost to the Pats but still he hasnt been a bust

So you’re ready to move on from Ryan but stick up for Wentz and Goff?  Makes sense.

2020 PFF Grade

11. Ryan
22. Goff
34. Wentz

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

I dont think Darnold is really worth giving up on just yet.. they know they need virtually everything, which is why they got that haul for their safety.. i think they need a name too though. Walter Football has them picking him at 23 too

Walter Football is not a great source imo, looks like a kid in the 90’s made a website on geocities.  I know DJ had Etienne going there as well, but this early in the process with a new regime, they are just throwing darts to see what sticks.  They are just guesses and are only marginally better than ones you or I would make at this point, especially that late in the round it gets muddy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rings said:

So you’re ready to move on from Ryan but stick up for Wentz and Goff?  Makes sense.

2020 PFF Grade

11. Ryan
22. Goff
34. Wentz

no who said i was ready to move on from Matt i love matt i was one of the people sticking up for him this whole season matt’s never been the problem ever since he has been here its always been the trash defense on why we been so bad for so long. But if we draft a qb i wont be mad cuz i know thats a future move not a now move he will just replace matt when he leaves 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rings said:

Walter Football is not a great source imo, looks like a kid in the 90’s made a website on geocities.  I know DJ had Etienne going there as well, but this early in the process with a new regime, they are just throwing darts to see what sticks.  They are just guesses and are only marginally better than ones you or I would make at this point, especially that late in the round it gets muddy.

I have no skin in the game regarding the Jets... my initial point was that Najee won't be there when we pick in the 2nd round

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

The bottom line is we need an elite RB for MR2 to be effective in PA. Girly Ito and Hill all pretty much suck.

No we don’t.

How are you working this out we.Ryan’s only ever had that sought of back once in his career in a short term with Turner.

Yet he was league MVP with a RBBC and the wide zone scheme which we will use again.

So why do we need an elite back when all we need is a scheme fit for the RB and MR2?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

No we don’t.

How are you working this out we.Ryan’s only ever had that sought of back once in his career in a short term with Turner.

Yet he was league MVP with a RBBC and the wide zone scheme which we will use again.

So why do we need an elite back when all we need is a scheme fit for the RB and MR2?

 

If the quality of RB doesn’t matter I guess we definitely don’t need to draft one. Scheme fit matters but you better not take a butter knife to a gun fight pal

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

I have no skin in the game regarding the Jets... my initial point was that Najee won't be there when we pick in the 2nd round

You don’t know that, no one does.  Why even say “this person won’t be at this spot”.  You have no clue will will fall, it happens every year that people fall.  Running backs have gone later and later every year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

If the quality of RB doesn’t matter I guess we definitely don’t need to draft one. Scheme fit matters but you better not take a butter knife to a gun fight pal

That’s why it makes sense to run a wide zone scheme you don’t need to over invest.It’s proven time and time again.

We did it here with Teco and Free

San Fran did it with Mostert Brieda and Teco

Ravens had the lead rusher in the league with Forsett all behind a wide zone scheme.

Non of those guys are elite rushers but there scheme fits.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s why it makes sense to run a wide zone scheme you don’t need to over invest.It’s proven time and time again.

We did it here with Teco and Free

San Fran did it with Mostert Brieda and Teco

Ravens had the lead rusher in the league with Forsett all behind a wide zone scheme.

Non of those guys are elite rushers but there scheme fits.

 

That makes sense kiwi

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rings said:

You don’t know that, no one does.  Why even say “this person won’t be at this spot”.  You have no clue will will fall, it happens every year that people fall.  Running backs have gone later and later every year.

Well then, maybe Lawrence will be there at 4, you think? If Najee is there at 36, I'd gobble him up, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Yes people drop for various reasons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

Well then, maybe Lawrence will be there at 4, you think? If Najee is there at 36, I'd gobble him up, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Yes people drop for various reasons. 

If Lawrence murders someone he may fall.  But he is very different.  Lawrence has been known as the top pick for the last three years so it’s unlikely, possible, but very unlikely.  Predicting who slides at back half is obviously much harder.  One of the top backs will be there at the our second pick, which is actually 35. (Teams with tied records rotate every round).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...