We don’t need to reach for Najee

17 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Neither of those guys were taken with the #4 pick in the draft. That's a lot of draft capital to let sit for a year or two.

Especially when AB's edict is, "Win now".

People can’t seem to comprehend this.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we're not drafting fields at 4  

Yawn, they say this kind of stuff every few years. ”Can’t Miss on this QB!” ”Man this QB class is loaded!” ”Get one now because you don’t know when you can get one again!”

Gonna laugh my *** off when we don’t draft him. The board implosion will be hilarious.    This is gonna be worse than, “Gurlie to Atlantie” 

6 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

but look at those teams though both of those offenses suck. the titans only had walker and murray no WR and the jags had no one except robinson and fournette. The falcons have weapons.

Trubisky, Wentz, Goff, RG3.  There are plenty of examples.  Drafting a QB that high doesn’t always pan out.

5 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

roddy, jenkins, turner, snellings, norwood, harry douglas they are all good and we have a good oline

Jenkins wasn’t very good, Douglas would our #4 receiver currently, Norwood was a fan favorite but also overrated by fans.  Roddy didn’t do much until Ryan got here.  Turner had done basically nothing until he got to ATL as well.  Oline was ok, other than Baker being hurt 90% of the time.

2 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

Think- The last successful QB we took was at 3. I wouldn't mind trading back to 10 or so and taking Lance. i just think it'd be nice to have a top-5 prospect sit behind Ryan for a year or two.

Name the last top five QB pick to sit for a year or two?  It doesn’t happen because it makes no sense.  Not to mention the cost savings taking a rookie QB is wasted for half their contract because you’re still paying Ryan a ton of money.

1 minute ago, Rings said:

Name the last top five QB pick to sit for a year or two?  It doesn’t happen because it makes no sense.  Not to mention the cost savings taking a rookie QB is wasted for half their contract because you’re still paying Ryan a ton of money.

So trade back to the mid-first. Like I said, take Trey Lance, or maybe Mac Jones if he isn't there. it would also be nice to not have to risk a top 5 pick for him to end up a Tribusky.

1 minute ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

So trade back to the mid-first. Like I said, take Trey Lance, or maybe Mac Jones if he isn't there. it would also be nice to not have to risk a top 5 pick for him to end up a Tribusky.

We can’t trade down teams have to come to us for that opportunity to unveil itself.

15 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Anybody know the caliber of QB's coming out next year....I have no Idea....

Not great compared to this year ... Spencer Rattler looks to be the best of the bunch but guys like Brock Purdy and Sam Howell aren’t looked at like the top 4 this year

3 hours ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

I'm afraid I don't understand... 

Even after Fotenot said BPA

Even after knowing what it's like to bee in QB **** after an elite QB goes away (see- between Vick and Ryan)

Even after seeing where mentorships got 1st round picks like A-Rod and Patty Mahomes

You guys are still against drafting a QB?

Yes because they can’t imagine Matt Ryan not being the QB on Sundays for us anymore ... even the Packers drafted a QB Rodgers is way better than Matt ever was

14 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

So you don't think a team like the Pats is going to try to reach up? Texans once Deshaun is traded?

If you have a top-5 pick, chances are, someone'll make a trade for it.

You know about as much as I do about anyone’s scenarios.Your just speculating to try and save your point.

Its a wait and see game no use guessing what another team is thinking when you really haven’t a clue.

There are plenty of teams in need of QBs but it doesn’t make it any clearer if they are willling to trade the Crown Jewels in draft picks to help the Falcons so they can appease fans on a MB.

23 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

And many seats to fill

Best way to fill seats is to win, not draft an RB.  People don’t attend games at KC for CEH, or GB for Aaron Jones, or TB for Ronald Jones or Buffalo for Singeltary.  

9 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Yes because they can’t imagine Matt Ryan not being the QB on Sundays for us anymore ... even the Packers drafted a QB Rodgers is way better than Matt ever was

Rodgers didn’t play that well the previous five years, Love also wasn’t a top five pick, he was at the end of the first round.  How can people not get that #26 isn’t the same as #4?

2 minutes ago, Rings said:

Best way to fill seats is to win, not draft an RB.  People don’t attend games at KC for CEH, or GB for Aaron Jones, or TB for Ronald Jones or Buffalo for Singeltary.  

I'm assuming they draft a qb with their first pick to compliment the core of the team. All those teams have strong qbs, no?

I think the best move would be if someone wants to trade up, we take their first rounder for next year and their first rounder for this year.  Stock an extra first for next year and give us capital to work with then if we do want to move up or potentially earn more capital with in 2023.  Make everyone think we're maybe going after a QB and likely want to jump ahead of Carolina who is very likely to draft QB right behind us.  Take BPA's with most of those picks. 

I'm going to tell you all who are not smart enough to realize it once and once only. WE ARE NOT DRAFTING A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND. It is not a need and Matt Ryan is still a great QB. I'm confident we will draft defense in the first round. If they draft offense in the first round it will be a RB or OLineman. Defense is the biggest need on this team and I'm sure they will address it. Remember you heard it here first.

3 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

So all the drafts after this one won't feature good QBs? There will never be solid prospects ever again? Tell us more nostradamus. Definitely could have used your help to win that $700 million powerball.

1. No player available at 4 will make us SB contenders this year (Qb or not)

2. Next years class Spencer Rattler, Sam Howell, and Brock Purdy and not believed to be on the level of Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, or Lance

3. In 2-3 years if we are back in this position again that means Matt Ryan obviously didn’t get it done for us 

all that said if you wanna trade up in 3 years for DJ U or Bryce Young and give up mad picks good thing you’re not the GM your in position to get the QB of the future you take him

8 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

I think the best move would be if someone wants to trade up, we take their first rounder for next year and their first rounder for this year.  Stock an extra first for next year and give us capital to work with then if we do want to move up or potentially earn more capital with in 2023.  Make everyone think we're maybe going after a QB and likely want to jump ahead of Carolina who is very likely to draft QB right behind us.  Take BPA's with most of those picks. 

So let Carolina get their QB so they can kick our *** for the next 10 right ?

3 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

So let Carolina get their QB so they can kick our *** for the next 10 right ?

They actually pick at #8 and their defense is worse than ours.  Of course they do have Bridgewater signed until 2023 but aren't saying they'll stick with him.  Probably a smokescreen for a trade though.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

Trubisky, Wentz, Goff, RG3.  There are plenty of examples.  Drafting a QB that high doesn’t always pan out.

Goff went to the SB Wentz was going to be the mvp if he didnt get hurt. RG3 got hurt which basically killed his career he was the ROY who knows what happens if he never got hurt trubisky is horrible i give you that but he shouldnt of been pick that high anyway 

2 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

Goff went to the SB Wentz was going to be the mvp if he didnt get hurt. RG3 got hurt which basically killed his career he was the ROY who knows what happens if he never got hurt trubisky is horrible i give you that but he shouldnt of been pick that high anyway 

Wentz had one good season, has been bad to terrible since.  Rams got to the super bowl dispute Goff.  He had a solid year, has been ok to bad rest of his career so far.

34 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

1. No player available at 4 will make us SB contenders this year (Qb or not)

2. Next years class Spencer Rattler, Sam Howell, and Brock Purdy and not believed to be on the level of Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, or Lance

3. In 2-3 years if we are back in this position again that means Matt Ryan obviously didn’t get it done for us 

all that said if you wanna trade up in 3 years for DJ U or Bryce Young and give up mad picks good thing you’re not the GM your in position to get the QB of the future you take him

Further back in this thread what did everyone want San Fran (picking 12th) to give up to move up for our pick?  A 1,2,3 this year and a 1 next year.  Well since we are a playoff/superbowl team with the current roster just imagine what we can give up next year to secure a QB.

46 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I'm assuming they draft a qb with their first pick to compliment the core of the team. All those teams have strong qbs, no?

Unless they believe in Donald, which I don’t know that you should, but new regime who knows.  They need help at. ... *checks depth chart* ... literally every position.  How is Fant still in the league?

1 minute ago, Rings said:

Wentz had one good season, has been bad to terrible since.  Rams got to the super bowl dispute Goff.  He had a solid year, has been ok to bad rest of his career so far.

Wentz offense weapons has been injured since their SB run where has jeffery been where have D Jack been his Line has been injured for the last 2 years look what he did at the end of last year his team had a bunch of UDFA playing and this year he was the most sacked qb in the league. Goff was bad early but was better since McVay but that Rams offense have been not as good since they lost to the Pats but still he hasnt been a bust