We don’t need to reach for Najee

9 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Any one remember Blake Bortles, he was supposed to be a great QB, picked at 3 by Jags. Mariota was second over all. 

but look at those teams though both of those offenses suck. the titans only had walker and murray no WR and the jags had no one except robinson and fournette. The falcons have weapons.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we're not drafting fields at 4  

Yawn, they say this kind of stuff every few years. ”Can’t Miss on this QB!” ”Man this QB class is loaded!” ”Get one now because you don’t know when you can get one again!”

Gonna laugh my *** off when we don’t draft him. The board implosion will be hilarious.    This is gonna be worse than, “Gurlie to Atlantie” 

6 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

roddy, jenkins, turner, snellings, norwood, harry douglas they are all good and we have a good oline

Those were not loaded established weapons. Turner was a back up RB who signed as FA. Roddy was one year 1000 yard WR with drop problems. I remember many in these boards were ready to run RW out of town till end of 2007/2008. Harry Douglas as weapon is laughable. Norwood was made of glass and he didn’t put up any numbers to call him a weapon. What they did well was played well together and made each other better.  Turner was great but Ryan had to come back and win games. 
Jenkins? Is that a joke? 

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

So the joe blow fan is saying trade up.

See how much actual weight does that carry from within the Falcons organisation the fan opinion?

That’s not serious stuff just like when people say trade down in all reality that’s not happening either.Trade down is an opportunity that must be presented to you from an interested party you don’t just trade down because to get more picks.That’s Madden and Draft Day the movie talk.

I fully understand that, and in most of my posts i have cited trade back if we find a partner. If we do, i don't want to use those extra picks to move back up for a ****ed rb in the 1st. I was only condensing the posts that others have made. Some are fields nuthuggers, and others would like us to waste picks moving up for harris. I'm neither. Was all this explanation necessary when you and I were originally in agreement?

People who mock are not building an actual team and they will never make a selection. People that build real NFL teams usually have their board, often by BPA regardless of position. As the draft moves along, if they think they need a RB and he will be BPA at 15, they are going to try to get to 15. They won't care how many mockers project him as 2nd round talent. For those that play BPA, and many teams do, he's going to be BPA for a lot of teams as early as mid first round. The true BPA teams won't care that RB is considered a "low value" position in drafts. The mockers do care about that. 

11 hours ago, belmont4213 said:

Which were picked 26, 10, and 3rd round if I am not mistaken.

How does this prove we couldn’t get a QB if we’re picking later (meaning, ya know, we had a decent team) over the next couple of years when Matt is closer to retirement?

Chances of landing a franchise QB in the first rd are much better odds than mid late rds 

9 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol so you’ve gone from saying we need an elite back to a non elite back having an elite year ok man keep running round chasing your tail.

Freeman had an elite year in 16. Rushed for over 1000 yards nearly 500 receiving yards 11 TDs 

10 hours ago, tl;dr said:

All could, or all couldn’t. But this notion that this QB class is so good is very meh. Probably the best QB class in recent memory ended up being one where the 2 best guys were selected outside of the top 10. 

I remember in 2012 when people said Luck and RG III was a once in a generation type class. The only first round QB that’s still starting now from that group is Ryan Tannehill (and the best from that class was picked in the third round). 

In 2015 people thought Winston and Mariota were 2 franchise QBs. Last 2 Heisman winners. Now neither of them is starting and who knows if either will again. 

In 2018 there were 5 guys taken in the first round as well. One of them has absolutely flopped; another stinks and may be out a starting job soon; the number 1 pick is good, not great; one guy won MVP in year 2, but has plenty of concerns; and the other guy had a great year 3, but still has questions. 

It happens way too often that a QB class is loaded and deep. People say that we have to get a QB now because this class is so great, but in 2/3 years (heck, maybe even next year) there will be new people that are regarded as can’t miss

Great point. It’s a crap shoot either way. The only can’t miss I see is Lawernce. But I’d take a chance on Wilson or Fields at 4 and find out. 

Luck was everything he was supposed to be until injuries derailed his career. 

39 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Those were not loaded established weapons. Turner was a back up RB who signed as FA. Roddy was one year 1000 yard WR with drop problems. I remember many in these boards were ready to run RW out of town till end of 2007/2008. Harry Douglas as weapon is laughable. Norwood was made of glass and he didn’t put up any numbers to call him a weapon. What they did well was played well together and made each other better.  Turner was great but Ryan had to come back and win games. 
Jenkins? Is that a joke? 

what are you saying all those guys were better then anything blake bortles had. roddy and jenkins were better then whatever he had who cares what we thought they were they were a better talent then what he had you telling me if bortles had those weapons he would be have the same impact as he did with the jags cmon on now stop.

Plus matt has to comeback cuz the defense is always garbage they were garbage then and are garbage now Matt has never had a defense never in his career expect the 2017 year when they were decent but then the WRs had dropitis. If those weapons werent good then why did we always comeback in those game 🤔

Edited by kenn.junior
6 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

what are you saying all those guys were better then anything blake bortles had. roddy and jenkins were better then whatever he had who cares what we thought they were they were a better talent then what he had you telling me if bortles had those weapons he would be have the same impact as he did with the jags cmon on now stop.

Plus matt has to comeback cuz the defense is always garbage they were garbage then and are garbage now Matt has never had a defense never in his career expect the 2017 year when they were decent but then the WRs had dropitis. If those weapons werent good then why did we always comeback in those game 🤔

Lol. This is hilarious to even respond. Weapons weapons omg. Players don’t make other players better? Harry Douglas and Jenkins couldn’t do anything outside atlanta. Bottom line Bortles was a big bust, it ain’t coz of weapons.

Just now, falcons007 said:

Lol. This is hilarious to even respond. Weapons weapons omg. Players don’t make other players better? Harry Douglas and Jenkins couldn’t do anything outside atlanta. Bottom line Bortles was a big bust, it ain’t coz of weapons.

ok dude lol so you saying a Qb can just take bums and make them good thats ridiculous every good qb has weapons period you need weapons to win in this league thats a fact. You telling me right now if bortles had julio, rid and gage and hurst right now with fournette they wouldnt be good lmaooo. You say what did they both do after atlanta they both were at the end of their careers Harry was 33 and jenkins was 31 both older players. Name one qb who didnt have great weapons to win games with I will wait...

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

Chances of landing a franchise QB in the first rd are much better odds than mid late rds 

Sure. But it doesn’t mean you HAVE to draft one this year at 4. It means that you can trade down or take BPA this year and then draft a QB over the next couple of years and have similar odds that they’ll be a stud, even if you’re picking from a playoff draft position. 

its just a fallacy to think that we must draft a QB at 4 because this is our only chance to ever get a good one 

2 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Imagine thinking back to back offensive picks the first two rounds is the way to make this team good. 

It could happen though.  PFF was grading players/positions of strength and this is a offense (QB, WR, OL) draft. If I recall correctly D line, RB and TE the worst.  

Running back ratings were Etienne, Williams(North Carolina) and then Harris.

2 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Imagine thinking back to back offensive picks the first two rounds is the way to make this team good. 

Imagine not acknowledging that our defense was decent this season even through having an injured secondary and only a rookie CB. Imagine thinking that our offense can keep at an elite level without drafting people- soon- for more than a year.

15 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

This team is headed in a new direction if they can draft the future QB at 4 they will you won’t get this chance in a QB deep class again

So all the drafts after this one won't feature good QBs? There will never be solid prospects ever again? Tell us more nostradamus. Definitely could have used your help to win that $700 million powerball.

48 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

Imagine not acknowledging that our defense was decent this season even through having an injured secondary and only a rookie CB. Imagine thinking that our offense can keep at an elite level without drafting people- soon- for more than a year.

Our secondary was terrible even fully healthy. I'd like, just once as a Falcon fan, to be able to see a defense whose upside is higher than 'decent.' 

I'm not saying ignore the offense, but we don't need to pump all our capital into it. Get a good RB and move on. 

58 minutes ago, Someday soon said:

It could happen though.  PFF was grading players/positions of strength and this is a offense (QB, WR, OL) draft. If I recall correctly D line, RB and TE the worst.  

Running back ratings were Etienne, Williams(North Carolina) and then Harris.

RB is top-heavy in this draft, and I do want to get one. But we can't ignore defense anymore and expect to be a good team. DLine is largely trash this draft but our secondary needs a lot of help.

2 hours ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

I'm afraid I don't understand... 

Even after Fotenot said BPA

Even after knowing what it's like to bee in QB **** after an elite QB goes away (see- between Vick and Ryan)

Even after seeing where mentorships got 1st round picks like A-Rod and Patty Mahomes

You guys are still against drafting a QB?

Neither of those guys were taken with the #4 pick in the draft. That's a lot of draft capital to let sit for a year or two.

Especially when AB's edict is, "Win now".

2 hours ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

I'm afraid I don't understand... 

Even after Fotenot said BPA

Even after knowing what it's like to bee in QB **** after an elite QB goes away (see- between Vick and Ryan)

Even after seeing where mentorships got 1st round picks like A-Rod and Patty Mahomes

You guys are still against drafting a QB?

At 4, yes.  Back half of the first round?  No.