Jump to content

Rapoport: Falcons OC and DC


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Correct. That is my point. Some guys don't care to be head coaches. Look at Pete Carmichael with the Saints. If he wanted to he could have had a head coaching gig 10 years ago but he has rarely if ever even interviewed. He's been perfectly content in his role with the Saints. In a perfect world the Falcons could find a good coach like that to stick around as DC for 10 years or so. That was the point I was trying to make but of course it like everything else I post on here gets twisted to mean something I didn't mean.

Don’t play victim dude that’s just sad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Correct. That is my point. Some guys don't care to be head coaches. Look at Pete Carmichael with the Saints. If he wanted to he could have had a head coaching gig 10 years ago but he has rarely if ever even interviewed. He's been perfectly content in his role with the Saints. In a perfect world the Falcons could find a good coach like that to stick around as DC for 10 years or so. That was the point I was trying to make but of course it like everything else I post on here gets twisted to mean something I didn't mean.

He just went where Brees went. He was with him in SD and then came to New Orleans with him. Now that Brees is gone, that may change. He also has the same problem that EB is going through now, Everyone knows it's Mahomes/Reid and the same applies for Carmichael with Brees/Payton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

All those LBs you named could not cover. They were picked on in coverage except maybe Bruschi

True statement. And I believe almost all of Pees rosters dod have a smaller and lighter LB on roster. Forgive me for being lazy and verifying, but I’m almost positive there was at least one or two cover type LBs

his rosters seemed to carry a bunch of LBs period, regardless of they were the lumbering ILB types, OLB/Edge and hybrids and cover guys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

The talent probably

Bingo. You didn't even have to check. His defense, is a lot closer to what I'm into. Saban, Belichick, etc. You can have jags at certain positions, but it looks like crap if you dont have one tyrant of an edge rusher, anchor NT, MLB, CB 1 and FS. Everything else is a front. You can have avg to JAG everywhere else and trade him in a year for a good pick. We have the building block. In Pees' defense, Jarrett is a DE/DT. Playing a mix of 3/5 tech and then we have 3 LBs. The 4th is NOT a LB in this front. Basically the 4th LB is a SS or NLB, Bama says Joker position, it it can be any DB or twitchy LB. The CB1 has to either be shut down, or opportunistic. At worst, an annoying and physical guy. We have that with AJ. Now you need a FS. The SS in this set can be anyone. The coverage can change before the snap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Bingo. You didn't even have to check. His defense, is a lot closer to what I'm into. Saban, Belichick, etc. You can have jags at certain positions, but it looks like crap if you dont have one tyrant of an edge rusher, anchor NT, MLB, CB 1 and FS. Everything else is a front. You can have avg to JAG everywhere else and trade him in a year for a good pick. We have the building block. In Pees' defense, Jarrett is a DE/DT. Playing a mix of 3/5 tech and then we have 3 LBs. The 4th is NOT a LB in this front. Basically the 4th LB is a SS or NLB, Bama says Joker position, it it can be any DB or twitchy LB. The CB1 has to either be shut down, or opportunistic. At worst, an annoying and physical guy. We have that with AJ. Now you need a FS. The SS in this set can be anyone. The coverage can change before the snap.

Oh I agree we need pieces for sure. Hopefully between the draft and FA we can add a lot. I’m sure we won’t get everything we need year one, but at least it’s a start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Bingo. You didn't even have to check. His defense, is a lot closer to what I'm into. Saban, Belichick, etc. You can have jags at certain positions, but it looks like crap if you dont have one tyrant of an edge rusher, anchor NT, MLB, CB 1 and FS. Everything else is a front. You can have avg to JAG everywhere else and trade him in a year for a good pick. We have the building block. In Pees' defense, Jarrett is a DE/DT. Playing a mix of 3/5 tech and then we have 3 LBs. The 4th is NOT a LB in this front. Basically the 4th LB is a SS or NLB, Bama says Joker position, it it can be any DB or twitchy LB. The CB1 has to either be shut down, or opportunistic. At worst, an annoying and physical guy. We have that with AJ. Now you need a FS. The SS in this set can be anyone. The coverage can change before the snap.

Keanu?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

True statement. And I believe almost all of Pees rosters dod have a smaller and lighter LB on roster. Forgive me for being lazy and verifying, but I’m almost positive there was at least one or two cover type LBs

his rosters seemed to carry a bunch of LBs period, regardless of they were the lumbering ILB types, OLB/Edge and hybrids and cover guys

It’s just a new breed of LB now the thumpers are gone and he used the new breed in Tennessee I hope he uses them well here too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

It’s just a new breed of LB now the thumpers are gone and he used the new breed in Tennessee I hope he uses them well here too

No argument here. I do love Parsons a lot. He’s a rare mix of size and speed, but you’re right not a lot of 250 pound thumpers these days and PMF pointed out the Titans roster (which I didn’t check, bad on me)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Oh I agree we need pieces for sure. Hopefully between the draft and FA we can add a lot. I’m sure we won’t get everything we need year one, but at least it’s a start.

I think Font will get everything year one. It wouldnt surprise me to see the starting FA nose tackle from Tennessee or the 3 Tech from New Orleans make it here. Jones or Rankins. I'm kind of thinking we'll also see either King or Marcus Williams. 

It's a culture change. I like what I see, but I hate my favorite style of defense when you don't have the pieces. Its ugly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sui_Generis said:

The problem with this ideology is if a young DC comes here and balls out, they are more likely to get poached and you start from scratch.

At least with Pees coming and a possible addition of a co DC, the Falcons will be set up to pass the torch. Not just start over. 

I rather a DC get pooch then our best asset as a team the offense go thru recycling OC getting worse and worse every time it happens

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I think Font will get everything year one. It wouldnt surprise me to see the starting FA nose tackle from Tennessee or the 3 Tech from New Orleans make it here. Jones or Rankins. I'm kind of thinking we'll also see either King or Marcus Williams. 

It's a culture change. I like what I see, but I hate my favorite style of defense when you don't have the pieces. Its ugly. 

I agree with you on those players. And the defense. Does Earl Thomas have anything left? Any chance on him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whomever replaced him couldn't stop jackson, the following week he was totally shut down.  Second half of that game looked very falconish.  We should get a breakdown of what happened to the offense.  The falcons have had great regular season teams, **** changes in the playoffs def gets better, AS hasn't passed that test yet 

Edited by DMT11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Jacks good, similar to Mike Smith. Not a big fan of Schwartz and Gannon seems like he will be good, but unproven. 
 

The one we got is good, but old.

JDR is with Washington isnt he so how would we be able to get him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

**** no didn’t want him after he left Seattle don’t want him now. Y’all gotta let go of the big names that have past and start trying to look for the next big name.

Lol he was still good when he left Seattle. He wasn’t as good, but still good. Only reason he wasn’t playing is, because he punched a teammate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Lol he was still good when he left Seattle. He wasn’t as good, but still good. Only reason he wasn’t playing is, because he punched a teammate. 

And because he isn’t that good. If he was still good enough he’d be on a new team. How many players have gotten in fights at camp and haven’t been cut?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I agree with you on those players. And the defense. Does Earl Thomas have anything left? Any chance on him?

You know what, you dont need him. HeIl man, you dont need any world beater at FS in this system at all. The floor would be a guy like Kazee at least. I would go with someone that can lay the smack though. There are a few in the FA that would be all world in this defense. Marcus Williams would be the man.

I have to be honest, this is the first time in over a decade that I can say, there will be FAs calling us to play in that defense. It's a career making style. Bama gets a lot of crap over the recruits, but that style will give guys a different chance. I'm not just saying that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

You know what, you dont need him. HeIl man, you dont need any world beater at FS in this system at all. The floor would be a guy like Kazee at least. I would go with someone that can lay the smack though. There are a few in the FA that would be all world in this defense. Marcus Williams would be the man.

I have to be honest, this is the first time in over a decade that I can say, there will be FAs calling us to play in that defense. It's a career making style. Bama gets a lot of crap over the recruits, but that style will give guys a different chance. I'm not just saying that.

How do you think the draft will go now that we have our DC? Defense at 4, or trade down then defense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

How do you think the draft will go now that we have our DC? Defense at 4, or trade down then defense?

Man I'm still not sure. The QB crowd is actually right to want to draft a QB at 4th overall because of how the position is valued, but I personally would entertain a trade down if offered and was sweet enough, likely take Surtain if not. That's just because we can dominate with just 3 to 4 of the right pieces on defense and just two decent RBs and a TE. You can sign Ingram and Jared Cook for that. The cap wont be as nasty with having a guy that was always over the cap being the reason they were able to dance around it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...